ADVERTISEMENT

Early CF playoff predictions.

Stewart Mandel had a writeup yesterday in the Atlantic where he projected all possible outcomes of the games that could affect this weekend. In the 8 scenarios where Bama beats UGA, he has Bama in the playoffs in all 8.

If Bama wins, I think the final four will be

1) Michigan
2) Alabama
3) Oregon
4) Florida State (or Texas, if FSU loses)
The “Atlantic”?….are you hanging with Gator now?

Anyway, that scenario obviously has Oregon winning the rematch with WA (which seems reasonable). But there’s that Texas thing that still needs to be addressed. If they beat OK St (who lost to a South AL powerhouse🙄) convincingly and AL gets past UGA, we’ll agree to disagree about TX but I will concede, the Big 12 isn’t particularly…..big.

Last edited:
The “Atlantic”?….are you hanging with Gator now?

Anyway, that scenario obviously has Oregon winning the rematch with WA (which seems reasonable). But there’s that Texas thing that still needs to be addressed. If they beat OK convincingly in their rematch and AL gets past UGA, we’ll agree to disagree about TX.

FWIW, Texas plays Okie St, not Oklahoma.

I think in your scenario it would come down to Texas/FSU for the 4th spot.

Reactions: BamaFan1137
Agree. I'd honestly prefer to see UGA in it in that scenario because we all believe that they're better than FSU or Texas.

Even Ohio State is better than FSU imo but perhaps not better than Texas.
Exactly and that’s what it’s supposed to be. Georgia losing to Bama in the SECCG somehow means they aren’t one of the best 4? Horse shit.

Reactions: BamaFan1137
Exactly and that’s what it’s supposed to be. Georgia losing to Bama in the SECCG somehow means they aren’t one of the best 4? Horse shit.
This may come as a shocker but I get the distinct impression the SEC gem has lost some of its luster this year with the selection committee, so two would be a stretch if it means knocking out an undefeated.

I don’t disagree, but without some help I think UGA drops out of the top 4, even though we all know they are a top 4 team.

I’m not sure the committee has put the “best 4 teams” in the playoffs yet.

This may come as a shocker but I get the distinct impression the SEC gem has lost some of its luster this year with the selection committee, so two would be a stretch if it means knocking out an undefeated.
It’s winner fatigue. The head of that committee actually admitted on tv that it would be nice to see a PAC team in there for a change. WTF does that mean? It proves the bias. They arent looking for the best 4. Trying to avoid a UGA-Bama or OSU-UM semifinal because they just played is further proof.

I don’t disagree, but without some help I think UGA drops out of the top 4, even though we all know they are a top 4 team.

I’m not sure the committee has put the “best 4 teams” in the playoffs yet.
Both Bama and Georgia have been left out due to that.

Reactions: Reasoned
You shut your mouth. You know Georgia doesn’t stand a chance against Bammer this weekend. No way Kirby beats Saban two times in a row

You're 1 for 2 on this poor me strategy, guess we are both going for best of three here, heh.

Reactions: ZosoDawg
I kinda wanted Oregon to win because it might could've helped Bama, but it sure was nice seeing Nix lose and sit on the sideline with a towel over his head like the little bitch he is.

Welp, Texas was probably going to win pretty easily regardless, but looks like OSU won't even be given a chance at a fair game.

Reactions: dhetiger
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT