ADVERTISEMENT

Divison 1 in 1A

Nov 11, 2017
Can someone fill me in on Division 1 Recruits and or PWO's in Class 1A? I know of Dekkers. Is there a kid from West Branch recently committed somewhere bigger or was that D2?

Bowie from WB has multiple D1 offers I believe but you might want to fact check that with the West Branch posters. Off the top of my head I can’t think of any others

Tanner Lukavsky received the PWO from Iowa State. They have talked to him about linebacker or Defensive end.

What is a PWO? (Asked by an old guy that isn’t acronym savvy.)

WSFalcon - word on the street is Decker is leaving for ISU at Christmas?

I wouldn’t see the point of him leaving at Christmas unless he felt he could compete for the starting or backup job right away, which wouldn’t be the case right now as ISU is pretty loaded on Qbs. Especially when he would miss out on a possible state basketball run. I can’t imagine he’ll be able to do baseball this summer though.

Reactions: MsideChief
“preferred walk on" ” the difference between a preferred walk-on versus someone who simply walks-on is that the preferred means he is guaranteed a spot on the 105 man roster day one of camp, while other walk-ons will have to go through tryouts to see if they can earn a spot on . A PWO gets no money, often some will earn a scholarship. Bo Bower from West Branch was a PWO on Iowa, started for, I think, 3 years, and he was placed on scholarship.

Reactions: MsideChief
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT