ADVERTISEMENT

District Scores

Glenwood 3
West Central Valley 0

Also before that game CB St. Albert 2 Nodaway Valley 0

This post was edited on 5/17 11:50 PM by the_Wood11if(GetAdminCookie() != 0) {document.write(' (Revisions[/URL])');}

Mt. Vernon 1, West Liberty 0
Xavier 14, CPU 0
Solon 1, Regina 0 (Solon won shootout 5-3)
Marion 3, Williamsburg 2
IMS 5, Mid Prairie 0

Pella 5
Oskaloosa 3

It's not as bad as it looks. Osky was given two penalty kicks (bad calls) where the first one I went up on a corner kick for the ball, came down on a kid and I got called for the foul. 2nd one was when one of their players tripped over the feet of one of ours and fell in the box. Third goal was the only one they earned (one on one) and it came with about 2 minutes left. I had a sick save too.

Knoxville 3
PC 1

PC controlled the first half but couldn't score and Knoxville scored on their 2 good shots they had in the first half.

WOW...i just got on the state website and they posted all the 2A scores...and if the scores are right both waukee and Valley are done...wow.
They should just give Bettendorf the trophy now.

Hold the phone, Valley won 3 - 0, must have been a misprint! And even if they lost there are a lot of good teams left in the state besides Bett.

Burlington - 5 Ottumwa - 0

Iowa City, West - 6 Muscatine - 0

Burlington vs. Iowa City West....Substate 5 Final

Pella-2
South Tama-1 (OT)

Centerville-2
Knoxville-1

centerville pulls the upset by scoring 2 in the last 20 minutes of the game.
Pella vs. Centerville (District 6 final)

This post was edited on 5/24 11:11 PM by kirkfanif(GetAdminCookie() != 0) {document.write(' (Revisions[/URL])');}

What was the difference between tonight's game and during the Norwalk Tournament. Obviously there were multiple games on tournament day, but I was just wondering what factors turned the tide to Norwalk's favor.

the only difference was finishing. norwalk probably had just as many chances last night as they did the first time. yet they only capitailzed on one versus 4. perry had no chance as norwalk controlled the entire game.

its too bad that some perry fans had to throw pop bottles on the field in protest of a call. well, they got ejected so they got what they deserved.

It's plain and simple with Round 2 of Norwalk/Perry. The whole team came to play Thursday night, and the energy was 5x more than the previous game. Finishing just added to it.

Norwalk did play pretty well. It seems they had a better plan heading into the game and executed much better. None of the guys from Perry played well either, but Norwalk it seemed was always on the attack. I dont think Perry even had a legit shot on the goal the whole game.
The Perry fan, not fans, left after the principal figured out who it was and traced him down. he wasn't even a student

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT