ADVERTISEMENT

Danielson slurping hard

I seriously doubt that.

I don't think that it has anything to do with recent history. I think we're better than TCU, today.
TCU is this years Notre Dame , Cincinnati. It just wastes a spot for a good team. Everyone knows it .. Vegas know it. This is like a participation prize.

No team west of the Mississippi has won a CFP game. They won’t this year either.

ANYONE BUT BAMA

Reactions: Reasoned
TCU is this years Notre Dame , Cincinnati. It just wastes a spot for a good team. Everyone knows it .. Vegas know it. This is like a participation prize.

No team west of the Mississippi has won a CFP game. They won’t this year either.

ANYONE BUT BAMA
Give it up, Nurse. Saban is washed up. His well oiled cheating machine is obsolete thanks to NIL. This is what you’ve got to look forward to till bama gets an updated coach.

Maybe odub or pops could weigh in but my Michigan buddy, who is a degenerate gambler like those two (😉), said that he believed Bama would be a 9 to 12 point favorite over TCU and a 4 to 7 point favorite over tOSU.

FTR, he fvcking HATES Bama, Saban and the SEC in general.

Why does what Vegas thinks the betting public will lay money down on have any bearing whatsoever on where the teams should be ranked?

Let's look at some point spreads this year for Alabama.

- 17.5 against Texas
- 8.5 against Tennessee
- 13.5 against LSU
- 21.5 against A&M
- 11.5 against Ole Miss

They didn't come close to covering any of those. Alabama isn't a playoff caliber team this year and the only thing that's driving the conversation for them to be in is their play in previous years. It certainly isn't anything on the field from this season.

Reactions: Konigstiger
Why does what Vegas thinks the betting public will lay money down on have any bearing whatsoever on where the teams should be ranked?

- 17.5 against Texas
- 8.5 against Tennessee
- 13.5 against LSU
- 21.5 against A&M
- 11.5 against Ole Miss

They didn't come close to covering any of those. Alabama isn't a playoff caliber team this year and the only thing that's driving the conversation for them to be in is their play in previous years. It certainly isn't anything on the field from this season.
You think maybe the injury to the nations best QB for a passing team affected the scores in those games? Just asking to see if you are rational. No college defense is safe from Young .

You think maybe the injury to the nations best QB for a passing team affected the scores in those games? Just asking to see if you are rational. No college defense is safe from Young .
Thankfully in football, teams rarely have to deal with injuries, so this particular excuse really seems to hold water.

Reactions: GwinnettDawg

Bryce looked fine against those teams. How about Texas losing their starting QB Ewers and still only losing by 1 point?

Reactions: dhetiger
Been tethered to a Disposable Urinary Drainage Bag for forty days and tune in to read this sh^t! F^cking bladder quit pumping pisss out! BTW every time I look at the bag, I think of gator in all of his golden glory.

Wonder if he realizes that Trump "broke" CNN yet? They even shut down Robin Meade and HLN..

- 17.5 against Texas
- 8.5 against Tennessee
- 13.5 against LSU
- 21.5 against A&M
- 11.5 against Ole Miss

Asked and answered. I have no problem if people disagree. I'm also not surprised by our ranking nor by who agrees with it.

We aren't a great team this year. But I personally believe that we are better than TCU and probably tOSU. I'd say even money that we beat Michigan, but maybe I'm wrong. No chance we would beat UGA unless they shit the bed.

You disagree. I give you permission to do so. 😂

Road Game Opponent Rankings

Team A

Team B

I don't think this Alabama team "earned" a spot in the playoff. But, it also shows that if you have any easy road schedule, you can get shellacked in your only difficult home game and it doesn't matter. Frankly this year we should go back to the old BCS and just let Georgia/Michigan play for it all. It's a glorified participation trophy letting two more teams play for it this year (yes, it was a participation trophy when Bama got in in 2017 too).

I really really hate the 12 team playoff that we are going to, but it is what it is.

Reactions: BamaFan1137
In BG's defense, I heard that same excuse ITT for Texas and Ewers despite the fact that he was hurt in our game.
I thought the Ewers comment was in response to Gator for the injury excuse. Also, keep in mind that this is the same Gator who has repeatedly said in the past that bama doesn't have to worry about losing players to the NFL or to injury because you guys will just plug in another 5 star. Those comments were usually in response to someone else talking about injuries on their respective teams. He might need to find a narrative and be consistent with it.

You sound like gator...
mst3k-piss-up-a-rope.gif

🤔Err.., sounds like that could be a challenge though.

But, and I’m staying out of this, losing Hooker has to be a factor in considering things right now too.
Absolutely, they’re supposed to select the Best four teams……not necessarily in October but now. No doubt Michigan is less potent without Corum, but TN w/o Hooker or AL w/o Young….totally different teams.

Devalues the regular season. For all the flaws that the BCS and and old bowl system had, it created the most important regular season in sports. Every game literally mattered.

With a 12 team playoff, it doesn’t matter that Bama laid two eggs on the road. Doesn’t matter that Tennessee got blown out by Sakerlina. That Iowa blow out win over Ohio State a few years ago that cost them a shot…wouldn’t have mattered. The 4 team playoff has already slightly devalued it, the 12 team playoff will throw gasoline on that.

Devalues the regular season. For all the flaws that the BCS and and old bowl system had, it created the most important regular season in sports. Every game literally mattered.

With a 12 team playoff, it doesn’t matter that Bama laid two eggs on the road. Doesn’t matter that Tennessee got blown out by Sakerlina. That Iowa blow out win over Ohio State a few years ago that cost them a shot…wouldn’t have mattered. The 4 team playoff has already slightly devalued it, the 12 team playoff will throw gasoline on that.
This. The playoffs used to start late August.

Fair enough, I think 12 is too many (and I don’t like the bye scenario) but four is too little. Why not 8? I still think 3 potential additional games at the end of a 12-13 game season is a lot for these young guys but if you consider several of those games are vs tuneup teams, I guess it’s okay. But there will just be #13 & 14 bitching instead of #5 & 6. At the end of the day, there’s no panacea.

Reactions: David_Dennison
Fair enough, I think 12 is too many (and I don’t like the bye scenario) but four is too little. Why not 8? I still think 3 potential additional games at the end of a 12-13 game season is a lot for these young guys but if you consider several of those games are vs tuneup teams, I guess it’s okay. But there will just be #13 & 14 bitching instead of #5 & 6. At the end of the day, there’s no panacea.

What teams do you feel deserve a chance at winning a national championship this year?

I can name two.

What teams do you feel deserve a chance at winning a national championship this year?

I can name two.
Well clearly the only two undefeated teams from power 5 conferences, but had an undefeated TCU been able to pull out an OT victory…should they be penalized because most of us question their chances…..much like Cincinnati last season. And OSU laid an egg vs Michigan but I think they’re a better team. The reality is the more teams given the opportunity the better. What happens when a three loss team gets in and ends up winning.

Well clearly the only two undefeated teams from power 5 conferences, but had an undefeated TCU been able to pull out an OT victory…should they be penalized because most of us question their chances…..much like Cincinnati last season. And OSU laid an egg vs Michigan but I think they’re a better team. The reality is the more teams given the opportunity the better. What happens when a three loss team gets in and ends up winning.

Thus, devaluing the regular season. If that isn’t important to you, of course a bigger playoff is where you’d tend to want to go. Not saying that’s wrong, it’s just not how I feel about it.

I don’t disagree with your point about TCU. It is the downside of only having two teams, and why despite the slight devaluing, I don’t really have an issue with the four teams. I actually liked the idea of a 6 team playoff originally, giving the top two byes.

Similarly, the absolute worst championship in major sports for determine a champion is the NCAA Basketball Tournament. It’s exciting and fun, but it’s a terrible way to determine a champion.

Absolutely, they’re supposed to select the Best four teams……not necessarily in October but now. No doubt Michigan is less potent without Corum, but TN w/o Hooker or AL w/o Young….totally different teams.

Using the criteria hey set forth

So, alabama is a 4.5 point favorite over the team that beat the #3 team that is in the playoffs !! At times some things just make you scratch your watch and wind your balls .

I thought the Ewers comment was in response to Gator for the injury excuse. Also, keep in mind that this is the same Gator who has repeatedly said in the past that bama doesn't have to worry about losing players to the NFL or to injury because you guys will just plug in another 5 star. Those comments were usually in response to someone else talking about injuries on their respective teams. He might need to find a narrative and be consistent with it.

Fair.

Reactions: dhetiger
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT