ADVERTISEMENT

Cross Country - incoming freshman

mtdew_fever

All District
Jul 14, 2004
No doubt there are more incoming freshman worth talking about, but here are two that are definitely worth following the next few years. Both have done well at the national T&F meets.

Rebekah Topham (Griswold)
- 1500M - 4:44 (2nd place National USATF race)
- 3000M - 10:24 (2nd place National USATF race)

Thomas Pollard (Gilbert)
- 1500 - 4:26.10
- 3000 - 9:28.69 (won National USATF race)

Below is also a pretty good projection and write up on who to watch for this upcoming season.
This post was edited on 8/3 12:25 PM by mtdew_fever

CC Projections

At times I question Topham's eligibility. I know she's ran college meets in the past, but there are no rules against junior high athletes doing so, only high school. I have nothing on her and hope she's clean (regarding her past) because I think she has potential to accomplish a lot in the future. Still though, I know she's ran races with cash prizes and placed well enough to be "in the money" but hopefully she didn't take it.

It looks like Rebekah Topham (Griswold) and Thomas Pollard (Gilbert) have both started off well. I wouldn't doubt both of them finishing in the top 5 at the state meet.

Pollard won at Ballard Monday, I would agree. Does Coach Ihmels have an in with him??

I have seen some of Glenwood's results and Fuller is definitely running well. Much like Pollard, Fuller has a top returning Sr to run with.

Pollard's dad was a D3 national champ at 5000, so expect even more from Thomas. Thomas was also this summer's USATF Jr Olympic Champion at 3000 meters for his age division. I don't know what you mean by Ihmels having an "in". I'm sure he's on his recruiting radar, but I am extremely doubtful he has had coaching from him.

No coaching reference was ever made, don't put words in my mouth. I meant was, when choosing a college to run at when he gets to that point, as an ISU alum, if he continues to progress as he has, I hope we can land him.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT