ADVERTISEMENT

Clear Creek Amana

He does have respect from the students, but he wears on people with his ego. He has also won a state championship at Regina

Okay, I guess?

As an admin though I don't think he'd be on my short list. ( Thanks for sharing B-T-W)

Granted I'm not in the state so its probably different maybe than where I am but if I were interviewing a coach and heard that:

He has an ego
His assistants leave because they don't like how he does things and things weren't organized, etc.
Wasn't able to sell coaches/admins, etc, on what he was doing

he probably wouldn't be Option A is all I'm saying

Alright Murray... First off.. if you're trying to impersonate Daniel Murray, who played under coach Evans at Iowa City Regina and graduated in 06.. Great Name, great posting bud. But you are from Centerville IA and you have no life because you got fired from being his assistant coach, because well you suck at coaching.... So you are one of the "good" coaches you were referring to on Coach Knotts Coaching staff..... Well I have never heard anyone say anything good about you as a coach.. Just an F.Y.I.

The fact that you have had to come on here and try to tarnish Coach Evans name on more than one post and after people in Centerville found out your iapreps name, you made another one to look like Coach evans former player shows the lack of maturity you have.

Funny how the entire town of Centerville talks about the importance of getting rid of particular coaches, and Chuck Evans hasn't ever been mentioned.

Originally posted by PNation:
Bellamy wasn't forced out at Mt. Vernon, you aren't going to force out someone with over 300 wins, he left on his own terms.
From an inside source - he was forced out.

First off, I have never coached football in Centerville. Personally, I could care less of who you are and what you think. Last year Centerville was in a lot of ballgames, but do to inexperience coaching, they lost a few games they should have won. It doesn't help that Evans is calling the offense and Stan Maddy calling the defense. Then, during freshmen games you have inexperienced coaches yelling at players on the field and putting them down in the locker room. Very CLASSY Centerville.

How about let's get back to the topic of CCA's new coach. Is there any word from CCA about who they are interviewing? or have they started interviewing yet? Any area coaches who are interested?

This post was edited on 2/21 1:53 PM by rocket2004

This post was edited on 2/21 1:54 PM by rocket2004

CCA has started to interview candidates. They do not have a teaching position available. Any word on the names who are interviewing?

Some intriguing names have expressed interest but I haven't heard if they moved past that stage in the process. Could be a time where CCA takes a big step forward or after due diligence people see too many obstacles.

I think with the lack of a teaching position there candidates have been narrowed considerably. I think this could be a very good job, I hope they get someone good in there despite the limitations the administration has put on their search. If not I am afraid they will be looking again in a few years.

hamilton4:

I have no ties to CCA or SE Iowa. In my opinion, just on GENERAL PRINCIPLES, stay away from any place that has the type of politics described above going on, including lack of Administrative support. Tell your ladyfriend to move down to Texas, the Iowa climate is the worst in the USofA (extremes of heat/wretched humidity AND ice/snow/50 mph winds from the Dakotas for 4+ months each year). Just sayin'

Position filled as of Thursday night. Another former Texan Ronny Hughes and son former Iowa linebacker matt . Both with tons of defensive experience which will be nice. CCA has athletes hopefully these guys can build on and improve what coach walls has done.

Coach Hughes will do a great job. He has seen pretty much been there, done that, always enjoyed talking football and life with him. Hopefully the CCA community can rally behind this move and build a good program.

Coach Hughes coached in Texas and Illinois for 30 years high school and college, he has been helping out behind the scenes at several schools in the area. Great football mind.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT