ADVERTISEMENT

Class 1A 4x400

mtdew_fever

All District
Jul 14, 2004
In the finals, other than a blotched hand off, are there any teams that could possibly beat West Harrison led by anchor Joe Roden? Any word on his split? Sub 48?

One team I though might be able to compete with them in the finals was BCLUW and especially after they breezed to a 4x800 win on Thursday. Any word on how they got DQ'd?

First runner ran on the line through curve 1 and 2.

Sioux City East girls did the same today in the 4A final but because the poster child of Iowa girls track was the anchor the officials looked the other way. In fact, the official assigned to her lane did not raise his white flag. He reached for his yellow flag, thought about it, then rolled it up.

I became a fan of his at the state meet, so I put my watch on him for the finals. I sat by the finish line, so I am not far off. I had him low 49's. What are his plans for college? Anyone?

I'm 90% sure Jay Welp is going to Wartburg. We went to the wire in a 5k this past summer, exchanging the lead 6 times, and I've been a fan since. He's had some good races.

In regards to BCLUW's Jay Welp, a mutual friend that attended MMC thought he heard Welp was also considering Morningside in Sioux City.

Originally posted by B-K_Teach:
I'm 90% sure Jay Welp is going to Wartburg. We went to the wire in a 5k this past summer, exchanging the lead 6 times, and I've been a fan since. He's had some good races.
This post was edited on 5/25 9:43 AM by mtdew_fever

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT