ADVERTISEMENT

Centennial at West (Sioux City)

I'm guessing Centennial (and Dowling vs. North Friday night), pulls starters early and lets them get extra rest for playoff run. Can't be much motivation for those two teams to travel that far (both are in Sioux City) knowing it won't be much more than a scrimmage.

I bet the Missour River underdogs pull off both massive upsets and it causes a huge ripple effect throughout the State that sees all the suburb Des Moines schools to lose their first round games (because it's what's best for business) and ultimately leads to Dubuque Senior winning the Class 4A championship!

Now who wouldn't like to see that? :)

Reactions: Kraftwerk
I don’t know for certain, but it kinda felt like Dowling was using their back ups on defense when they played East. Anyone know?

My son plays for Centennial; he told me that there plan is to play the starters briefly, while also using as much play clock as possible in order to shorten the game and avoid a ridiculous score. But to the original question, Centennial isn't averaging a huge number this year. For whatever reason, it doesn't seem like we've totally clicked on offense all year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT