ADVERTISEMENT

BG...tell us again how wind and solar will save mother earth

BamaFan1137

All District
Nov 5, 2001
...though it might get a bit nippy in the winter.

Not like anyone didn’t see this coming.

I’m all for renewable and “green” energy. I’m not all for sacrificing our way of life for a system that can’t sustain it. Why not use renewable where it works and makes sense? Maybe let the profits from those sales fund R&D for newer and better systems?

Here's an update on the subject.
4 degrees this morning w/ -17 wind chill. Rolling blackouts since 2a; cold faucet in MB bath room on MY side froze (cold only)... have been running the space heater under the cabinet for hours (when power in on obviously) but still nothing; HW side next to it is fine and so is both faucets on wife's sink (both are on outside walls). Weird.

Where's that climate change when we need it?? Such a load of horseshyt just like wind/solar is going to save us one day. Better start building nuke plants if they want us off fossil fuels. AND, start spending time & energy to figure a way to power fighter planes, ships, & missiles and our cars on fusion technology.

4 degrees this morning w/ -17 wind chill. Rolling blackouts since 2a; cold faucet in MB bath room on MY side froze (cold only)... have been running the space heater under the cabinet for hours (when power in on obviously) but still nothing; HW side next to it is fine and so is both faucets on wife's sink (both are on outside walls). Weird.

Where's that climate change when we need it?? Such a load of horseshyt just like wind/solar is going to save us one day. Better start building nuke plants if they want us off fossil fuels. AND, start spending time & energy to figure a way to power fighter planes, ships, & missiles and our cars on fusion technology.
Get used to it. I think the days of rationing power in the US are coming.

• Angry
Reactions: GADAWGinIraq
...though it might get a bit nippy in the winter.

Yep it’s gotta be about renewable energy right? LOLOL
Read slowly and summarize ... especially the part about gas pressure. Nice try but crash and burn.

Now they are looking at rolling blackouts in Texas due to half the turbines freezing in place.

But hey, who needs power during one of the most impactful winter storms of the last century out there?
That’s because Texans are just fvcking stupid. It’s rarely a problem anywhere else in the world because they design them right. Denmark and Norway ... even Iowa are LOLing.

of course you will still say renewable energy is evil and The election was rigged. There is substantial evidence against both if you get information from unbiased sources.
Read and acknowledge so I will know that you learned something.

That’s because Texans are just fvcking stupid. It’s rarely a problem anywhere else in the world because they design them right. Denmark and Norway ... even Iowa are LOLing.

of course you will still say renewable energy is evil and The election was rigged. There is substantial evidence against both if you get information from unbiased sources.

A lecture on unbiased sources from a guy that cites huff post and Vox. I’ve seen it all. 😆

Any information on the failure of the gas grid which supplies 75% of Texas power. Largest energy producing and reddest of red states? ??? Why not?

Yep it’s gotta be about renewable energy right? LOLOL
Read slowly and summarize ... especially the part about gas pressure. Nice try but crash and burn.

So...yea...clearly you didn't read the link. Did you even click on it?

Texans designing windmills are like Kirby defending a lead in a big game. I can give them the names of some Norwegian and Danish engineers that can help them out with Wind Turbine 191. You know it never gets icy up there near the Arctic Circle.

Any information on the failure of the gas grid which supplies 75% of Texas power. Largest energy producing and reddest of red states? ??? Why not?

Just for ahits and giggles, my OP and the link within it are dated prior to your wind farms freezing in place.

IOW's...they have nothing to do with that particular fvcktarded liberal disaster.

Reactions: dhetiger
How would you know? You didn't bother to read what I was referring to.
That’s because I know with certainty that you don’t know jack shit about wind turbines. You could however provide a lot of good advice about freeze proofing pipes in steam plants... or storing enough gas to keep pressure up. Any suggestions there? Now would be a good time .

Just for ahits and giggles, my OP and the link within it are dated prior to your wind farms freezing in place.

IOW's...they have nothing to do with that particular fvcktarded liberal disaster.
Any comments on gas management here or just renewables? Here’s a left wing source for you.

That’s because I know with certainty that you don’t know jack shit about wind turbines. You could however provide a lot of good advice about freeze proofing pipes in steam plants... or storing enough gas to keep pressure up. Any suggestions there? Now would be a good time .

Read the link. Now would be a good time.

Reactions: dhetiger
Any comments on gas management here or just renewables? Here’s a left wing source for you.

How about we just try to stay on topic for moment before you spin to a new one???

C'mon buddy, you can do it. Hell, you could try.

Texans designing windmills are like Kirby defending a lead in a big game. I can give them the names of some Norwegian and Danish engineers that can help them out with Wind Turbine 191. You know it never gets icy up there near the Arctic Circle.

except Roscoe Wind Farms near Abilene is one of the top ten wind farms in the world. And it’s owned and operated by Germany-based company E.ON Climate and Renewables .

Reactions: BamaFan1137

Unbiased sources....and you provide a link to “Bloomberg Green”.

We could of course try to have an intelligent conversation on the topic, but you’ve proved you aren’t capable, so the pot shots are the only thing worth the time.

All jokes aside, I have a question for you. I acknowledge that you have more experience in the wind energy field than anyone here. You have commented before about Norway and Denmark and their wind power. My question is, do you think their ability to produce consistent energy (I think both get around 40% of their energy production from wind) is due to offshore farms? Both have extensive western coastlines, and the general wind movement in those latitudes is west to east. Everyone knows that offshore wind is more consistent, both in existence and speed, due to no friction caused by land. You mentioned Iowa before, and I worked on a USDA project in Iowa and have seen some of their wind farms. When I was there, those turbines didn't move for a large majority of the time. The farm looked more like an advertisement for Mercedes. How can the US be more productive in wind energy, because using the Plains as the wind source isn't going to be the answer?

And you know jack shit about oil and gas production ! The link you provided is nothing more than a blame game hit piece. How the fvck do you think they produce natural gas on the north slope of Alaska ? If natural gas is freezing it's due to failure of personnel , I can flow gas in any part of the world. You just got to know how it's done.

Speaking of LOL... you try your damndest to cherry pick an argument that might pass the lower IQ people, but just stop for this group, mmmmmkay?

You can tell when you don't even click a link, like this summary shows:
Germany faces a sober reality as millions of its solar panels are blanketed in snow and ice and breathless. The freezing weather has rendered its 30,000 wind turbines to idleness. It is not just the wind turbines. Solar panels covered with snow are also rendered useless. You may call it “coal comfort” as a total collapse in the wind and solar output leaves freezing Germans desperate for coal-fired power.

This alone destroys your paper-thin argument... the damn Germans WANT renewables and have paid double electric prices for decades over the U.S. to get to this?? HA! What a fuking red herring... funny if it weren't so sad.

The Texas problem isn't a 'fossil fuel' problem... its a HUMAN MGT problem! This freezing temperature issue has happened x2 since 2010... and the people in charge still haven't learned their lessons from before. Virtually every issue right now, from gas wells freezing up to even nuclear power plants (water pumps freezing) has been identified as something that needed to be corrected from earlier problems, but were NOT fixed. Lack of accountability is not on the product, it's on the human goobers that didn't do their job.

Jeebus I feel like I'm talking to a teenager...
Governor urges probe of electricity-grid operators

All jokes aside, I have a question for you. I acknowledge that you have more experience in the wind energy field than anyone here. You have commented before about Norway and Denmark and their wind power. My question is, do you think their ability to produce consistent energy (I think both get around 40% of their energy production from wind) is due to offshore farms? Both have extensive western coastlines, and the general wind movement in those latitudes is west to east. Everyone knows that offshore wind is more consistent, both in existence and speed, due to no friction caused by land. You mentioned Iowa before, and I worked on a USDA project in Iowa and have seen some of their wind farms. When I was there, those turbines didn't move for a large majority of the time. The farm looked more like an advertisement for Mercedes. How can the US be more productive in wind energy, because using the Plains as the wind source isn't going to be the answer?
I have always thought that harnessing sea currents would be a good source of energy. Narrowing inlets to bays causing turbines to move at greater speeds and longevity coming from tides seems to me would work well. You know Alaska has tremendous tide levels sometimes reaching 30 feet. There is a constant current in the oceans .I have observed currents in the Gulf of Mexico that I estimate being at least 10-12 mph flowing across the legs of platforms. Personally I don't believe the wind power will ever become primary source of energy. Gators link stated that Texas wind energy produces 7 % of the power and I have driven through Texas and seen thousands of turbines and with that in mind just how much land will it take to provide enough space for enough turbines to be worthwhile. Texas had gotten used to having the 7 % supply and when they lost most of that they were not prepared to compensate for that loss and overworked the power generation plants.

Speaking of LOL... you try your damndest to cherry pick an argument that might pass the lower IQ people, but just stop for this group, mmmmmkay?

You can tell when you don't even click a link, like this summary shows:
Germany faces a sober reality as millions of its solar panels are blanketed in snow and ice and breathless. The freezing weather has rendered its 30,000 wind turbines to idleness. It is not just the wind turbines. Solar panels covered with snow are also rendered useless. You may call it “coal comfort” as a total collapse in the wind and solar output leaves freezing Germans desperate for coal-fired power.

This alone destroys your paper-thin argument... the damn Germans WANT renewables and have paid double electric prices for decades over the U.S. to get to this?? HA! What a fuking red herring... funny if it weren't so sad.

The Texas problem isn't a 'fossil fuel' problem... its a HUMAN MGT problem! This freezing temperature issue has happened x2 since 2010... and the people in charge still haven't learned their lessons from before. Virtually every issue right now, from gas wells freezing up to even nuclear power plants (water pumps freezing) has been identified as something that needed to be corrected from earlier problems, but were NOT fixed. Lack of accountability is not on the product, it's on the human goobers that didn't do their job.

Jeebus I feel like I'm talking to a teenager...
Governor urges probe of electricity-grid operators
Spot on Derek. It doesn't have to be cold for gas wells to freeze, I've seen them freeze in 100 degree weather . Pressure drops cause freezing in gas. Nearly 100 % of wells are equipped with a choke and there is the pressure drop. sometimes the wells will have thousands of pounds of pressure upstream of the choke and hundreds downstream. There are proven methods that I have used myself to prevent this freezing and is widely used .Same principle of how refrigeration works.

Last edited:
Gas provides less than 50% of their power.

Yeah, gas seems to be the primary issue here
https%3A%2F%2Fbucketeer-e05bbc84-baa3-437e-9518-adb32be77984.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fpublic%2Fimages%2F359821d4-839b-4007-b801-cb0344b2c627_897x598.jpeg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT