ADVERTISEMENT

Best Player in the State

asdfasdf
This post was edited on 4/6 8:02 AM by sportalien11if(GetAdminCookie() != 0) {document.write(' (Revisions[/URL])');}

haha..indoor soccer. i had six indoor goals in one game and I'm not even good...haaaaaa..that's quite funny.

Linn Mar soccer will have a uhhh rebuilding year this year, but indoor soccer means nothing, totally different game then outdoor

bdub- Do you even realize that you said earlier that you went to one of his Indoor games and he was amazing? But now to you indoor doesnt matter for anything. It doesnt really make sense to me. Better watch things you said before so you dont say two different things.

I dont remember anyone from Waverly being outstanding. We beat them 5-1 in their tournament. Just dont remember somebody that was anywhere near the best player in the state.

Will Martin is the best I have seen. Andrew Tindall for Cedar Falls is a tremendous midfielder and back mid, but has focused primarily on football. Watch for him to make alot of noise in the MVC this year. Only a Junior, but two year starter I believe.

Jaciel from North Sioux City will be the best player in the sate as a senior...he's only a sophmore right now but he's good...they also got a kid from norway and a kid from north dakota that are both pretty good...not best in state but their good

He won't be the best when he's a Senior, unless he plays for an awesome Omaha Club team. Make sure you know who the top players in each age group are before you claim that.

Jaciel (if the '91 player that I know of and watched a number of times), plays for a so so club in Sioux City. He has good speed as a forward but needs to work on his ball skills. Also, he tends to get knocked off the ball a tad due to his smaller size.

Jaciel Perez will be the best when hes a senior. His Raptors club team is horrible and hes surrounded by terrrible athletes. But his SC North team is doing pretty good this year. North has talent and will be a quality team.

Michael Hyde is probably the best defender in the state for Creston. Whenever the coach moves Hyde up to the Front line, their defense always seems to be missing a huge link in the D. He is amazing.. You don't even know.

Tucker Sindlinger was hands down the best player in the state last year. I go to creighton and i attended all of the home games, and he is amazing. A great player all around and fun to watch.

Ridiculous

Folks,

Some of you are dissin' players in the state just because of the team they played on. One player does NOT make a team. There are a lot of quality players out there that are going to play college. Has little to do with the team they were one.

You can have the game of your life and if the other 10 on the field have an off night, you are going to look bad. Conseuently, if the other 10 have a gewat night, how are you going to stand out?

I know several college bound players that missed a full season, did not play until late April due to Academic Ineligibility, and even a few that weren't even starting Varsity but have $$$ to play soccer in colllege.

So get rid of mindset of what team they were on. Get rid of how silly their coaches were in what they played or not. Look at the man, and what they COULD be.

All of us know a lot of D1 and DII players warming the bench....

I think you could pick pretty much any player that is on a CRSA U-18 team and that could be the best player in the state. CRSA is a VERY elite soccer club and they develop some of this states very good soccer players

Well I can only agree with you for acouple of players..CRSA is a good soccer club, but there are so many other better soccer players in the state. And I could pick about more than half of the kids on that U-18 team that are def not the best players in the state. The best players in the state go places like Hunter Kennedy (Drake) Tony Maxey (UWM) Louis Oswald (Western Ill).

In my opinion, the best HS player heading into the 2009 season is Husref Jupic from Hoover. I believe he has committed to playing at UW Milwaukee upon graduation. If he is not the best player in this state, he is certainly the most important player to any one team. Remove him from Hoover and that team becomes pretty average.

I would agree with you that Husref is easily one of the best players in the state and he is going to go D1, but last i had heard it was either UW-Madison or New Mexico. However, I do not agree with the fact that his absence makes Hoover an "average" team. The team is loaded at the forward and midfield positions and has one of the most talented keepers (only a JR) that I saw all of last year (Played on level with Zobeck from ICW, and outplayed Valley and Roosvelt keepers). They have several kids that are capable of playing at the college level, mostly D3 but their are one or two more that could eventually develop into D1 talent...

Like I said earlier, Hoover will be strong as long as Husref is there. You just can't grasp how much a player like that means to a team until that player is gone. Losing 8 seniors to graduation is tough on any program. I saw Hoover play three times last year and a lack of depth was one thing that stood out to me. There was a noticable drop in play when they went more than 12-13 players deep.

Comparing their GK to Zobeck is laughable. Kyle was in a league of his own last year and was clearly the best GK in the state. I'll even go one further and say that I'd take Schoorholz (Valley) or Heston (Roosevelt) over the Hoover GK any day of the week. He may be athletic but he was raw and made mistakes in each of the games that I attended. Are we talking about the same GK?

I'll be the first to admit, he is extremly raw and makes mistakes, but as a sophmore, he showed flashes of what could be a great GK. Granted he is small, but he extremely athletic and has great instinct, but he beat Schoorholz and Heston by making some great saves. I was probably a little zealous in calling him one of the best in the state last year, but i expect him to only get better in the next couple years.

Hoover's depth was an issue and they did have a drop off at a few positions, but i see them as actually having more depth and be a more rounded team then they were last years. They had several talented freshmen and sophmores that were given time to develop at lower levels while stuck behind a senior. Their lower levels have been dominate over the past few years (9th = 13-1-1, JV = 17-2-1 over the past two years) and I wouldnt be surprised to see a couple of sophmores and freshmen crack the starting line-up

I have no doubt that Hoover will again be strong. I think they are definately top 10 material. In my opinion they fall somewhere between 7-10 in the rankings with the potential to qualify for the state tournament if they avoid drawing Valley, Dowling, or Ankeny in substate play. Who knows though, they upset Valley last year and you've gotta respect that.

Mark Pettit? Ya i know that guy, god he's better than that guy Freddy Adu. I once saw flames shoot out of the ball when he kicked it into the goal, he caught it on fire and burned down the field. He walked away smiling.

Chuck Norris once stepped into Illinois and immediately became the best soccer player to ever step foot in Iowa.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT