ADVERTISEMENT

Best Monday Night Games

usfhawk

All District
Jul 13, 2006
Monday looks to have a few very good games. Quick look at a few to get some discussion going.

Quick Look:

Hinton @ Bishop Garrigan

- Looks to be a good one. Bcmoore #3 vs. #4.
- Bcmoore pick em
- Garrigan played well against West Sioux. #12 and #11 are solid athletes.

Pekin @ Lisbon

- Great game. Both teams are playing at a high level.
- Would give a slight edge to Pekin.

Madrid @ AHST

- Madrid is really starting to play well.
- Deciding factor may be how well AHST slows down Madrid ground game.
- Pretty even. Bcmoore has a AHST as 9.16 pt favorite.

East Mills @ Audubon

- Audubon is the 1 seed, but D7 is not as tough as D8.
- If East Mills can force Audubon to throw they will have a big advantage.
- Audubon is a 7 pt dog, but I would pick East Mills

Lawton Bronson @ West Lyon

- West Lyon won earlier in the season, but this has turned into somewhat of a rivalry and its always tough to beat an opponent twice in the same season.
- Lawton has moved some guys around since the first meeting and will be ready to go.

There are always/usually Cinderella teams or upsets, who will be the first top team to get upset?

This post was edited on 11/4 8:34 AM by usfhawk

I think people jumped on the D8 bandwagon a little too hard this season. Audubon lost to D8 twice early when they didn't have their starting QB, which made everyone think D8 was unbelievable.Here's my analysis of the D7/D8 matchups:

East Mills is poor offensively. They try to do every formation under the sun and never really develop an identity to what they want to do. Their defense is very good. Huge upfront, 270, 250, but smaller in the LB area. 150-170. They are aggressive and have limited offenses better than anyone in D7 or D8. They will need to keep the Audubon offense from scoring, because Audubon's defense isn't too shabby either. Audubon's QB is a good athlete and makes plays. They spread you out so they can run it inside. I will be very surprised to see East Mills completely shut down Audubon's offense. Audubon definitely has the better offense, and has the size upfront to match up with East Mills' defense. They should be able to move the ball at times, and as long as they don't turn the ball over, they should be able to hold East Mills' offense to single digits.

AHST is definitely the cream of D8. They methodically pounded their way through the district and cleared everyone from their path. They run a veer option offense and rely upon their sophomore QB and Senior FB to account for the bulk of their offense. They throw enough to keep the defense honest and not load the box, and do so well. Madrid's DBs will need to be on their A game to prevent the big play that AHST seems to get a few times per game. Madrid's DL is pretty big and this game will need to be won in the trenches. Madrid makes no guesses about what they are going to do... run the ball between the tackles. If Madrid's OL and DL can control the line of scrimmage, then it could be a long night for AHST. If they can't, then Madrid will struggle mightily. This game will come down to the 4th quarter baring a slew of turnovers by one team, and should be one of the best matchups in Class A on Monday night.

the two district one district two games will be good ones. this is the time of year that the top teams get cocky and underdogs go as hard as they can. I think both of these games will be closer then everyone thinks.

will pick lawton bronson in a upset!!! and hinton in a close one. don't know other teams. bgm is good though.

East Mills is actually the 7 point favorite on BCMoore. I really wanted to go with Audubon and Madrid myself, but for unknown reasons went with AHST and East Mills in the pick'em.

AHST relies on more than just their QB and FB. Just saying.

I still think Logan and Griswold are better than Riverside and Westwood. Griswold had injuries I heard and I don't know what went wrong with Logan.

I'm going to pick East Mills over Audubon and AHST over Madrid. The Madrid defense won't be able to stop the AHST offense.
This post was edited on 11/3 9:29 PM by vikingfan13

For me the 2 games that kind of intrigue me are the 2 district 3/4 games. I think Turkey Valley versus G-R could be a classic pound it our game. Turkey Valley has 3 losses but to all very good games, and have a 6'4" 250 pound kid with over 1000 yards. G-R has what many on here have called a very good "big" back.

The Wapsie v. Grundy game on paper doesn't look like that wonderful of game but the Spartans have been play pretty good ball, and I wonder what kind of game they can give the defending champs.

Originally posted by vikingfan13:
AHST relies on more than just their QB and FB. Just saying.

This post was edited on 11/3 9:29 PM by vikingfan13
Well, yes... they do play 11 on the field at a time so they do rely on 11 guys each play, but the BULK OF THEIR OFFENSE, as I stated in my other post, is on the backs of the FB and QB (974 and 777 yards rushing). The next highest rusher only has 358 yds (Fink). That's only an average of 36 yds per game. QB also has 777 passing yards. It is crazy how his rushing and passing yards are both 777. Those passing yards go to basically 2 receivers: Fink (323yds) and Whyte (315yds). So I suppose you could throw them into the mix as well, but the FB and QB are the two key players. I wasn't bashing on AHST, just stating obvious facts that the statistics show.

If the Madrid defense can't stop the AHST offense, then I guess it'll come down to who can score the most points... although if AHST can't stop Madrid, then it'll come down to 2pt conversions... or turnovers. I guess it could be an exciting, gut wrenching game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT