ADVERTISEMENT

2A - Week 2 Top Games

usfhawk

All District
Jul 13, 2006
I thought I would throw a list together for discussion. Here are a few of the top games in 2A this week.

West Lyon @ ELC
CLGLR VS. Sergeant Bluff
PCM @ Newton
Waukon @Decorah
Williamsburg vs. Van Meter
West Marshall vs. Nevada

Will Waukon bounce back against Decorah after getting dominated by Waverly-Shell Rock last week 45-6? Waukon is well coached but maybe they were hit too hard by graduation. I think Decorah wins in a tighter ballgame, like 24-13. Defending 2A champs start out 0-2. That's some tough non-district competition to start out with.

Will Waukon bounce back against Decorah after getting dominated by Waverly-Shell Rock last week 45-6? Waukon is well coached but maybe they were hit too hard by graduation. I think Decorah wins in a tighter ballgame, like 24-13. Defending 2A champs start out 0-2. That's some tough non-district competition to start out with.
I think both CLGLR and Waukon will have to play really well to avoid 0-2

CLGLR got their butts whopped last week. I think the concerns heading into the year played a big part in the loss. This team will grow and hopefully get better, but they have a long way to go to equal the success of last season.

That being said the attitude this week has been looking forward to another chance to compete and get better. Sergeant Bluff is another really good football team and CLGLR will need to play a near perfect game probably to beat them. Getting some help back on the offensive line will surely help but losing a couple more kids who started last week to injury certainly wont.

I really thought last week was going to be a competitive football game and it wasn't so I'm really hoping tonight's game is. I think the Lions have too much talent to lay another egg so I'm looking forward to a great football game.

Reactions: MsideChief
Decorah must have played great!! Big win for them.

ELC took it to West Lyon. ELC has alot of weapons and alot of speed. Injury took a toll on the Wildcats, but ELC just simply out played them.

Looks like CLGLR fought back to make it a competitive game Friday night. They will have another tough one this week against West Sioux.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT