ADVERTISEMENT

2A State Qualifier Predictions

theocia

Freshman
Feb 15, 2016
This is the toughest year that I can ever recall for picking a 2A field.
Cut & paste, then BOLD your pick
Feel free to add commentary:
  1. Boyden-Hull vs Pocahontas Area
  2. South Hamilton vs New Hampton
  3. North Linn vs Cascade
  4. Camanche vs Iowa City Regina
  5. Pella Christain vs Van Meter
  6. Dike-New Hartford vs Madrid
  7. Des Moines Christian vs Treynor
  8. OABCIG vs Rock Valley

1. Boyden-Hull vs Pocahontas Area BH is battled hardened from conf play
  3. North Linn vs Cascade Ultimate contrast of styles. I'll pick defense
  5. Pella Christain vs Van Meter Great rematch from regular season
  7. Des Moines Christian vs Treynor Coin toss for me
  8. OABCIG vs Rock Valley RV has knocked off undefeated West Sioux and perennial power Western Christian

My dog is out of the fight, so I'll go straight BCMoore:
  1. Boyden-Hull vs Pocahontas Area 2 vs 21
  2. South Hamilton vs New Hampton 4 vs 39
  3. North Linn vs Cascade 1 vs 19
  4. Camanche vs Iowa City Regina 9 vs 18
  5. Pella Christain vs Van Meter 3 vs 5!
  6. Dike-New Hartford vs Madrid 10 vs 27
  7. Des Moines Christian vs Treynor 22 vs 13
  8. OABCIG vs Rock Valley 24 vs 14
Personally, I will be cheering for my Sioux County brethren and my cousins PC & DMC!

Last edited:
Reactions: iowalongs230
North Linn will run past Cascade. Their defense will push the pace and they shoot too well from the outside to be bothered too much by the zone. I realize their regular season competition was weak, but they didn’t ever play down to the level of their competitors as some teams do. Only Beckman was within 20 in tournament play. NL by 20.

3. North Linn vs Cascade
  8. OABCIG vs Rock Valley

3. North Linn vs Cascade
  8. OABCIG vs Rock Valley

3. North Linn vs Cascade
  8. OABCIG vs Rock Valley

Regina is a very quality team and I feel are underrated. I’ll give them the edge in that one.
I1NR.gif

Halftime.
Regina 40, Camanche 23

Masen Miller with 6 first half 3's and 20 overall.

Final:

Regina 69
Camanche 44

Regina avenges one of their two losses on the season and probably plays their best game of the year.
Convincing win over a Top 10 team. Regals look to be peaking at the right time.

On to the State Tournament!

South Hamilton dismantles New Hampton, 63-31

Dike-New Hartford takes care of Madrid, 81-53

Van Meter avenges an earlier loss in the season as they outlast PC, 48-46

There’s going to be some really good games down at Wells Fargo in 2A. Excited to see how this class will unfold.

Can we get a recap of the PC-VM game? I'll hang up and listen...
Van Meter took the air out of the ball and was very deliberate. VM big guy dominated PC in the first half and caused both PC bigs to sit a lot in foul trouble. VM only shot 28 times for the game and the score was 25-18 at half. PC had a good third quarter to get back in it. PC being behind in the fourth and VM was not looking to score so PC had to foul and VM knocked down nearly all their FTs in crunch time although they were 14-23 for the game. PC did not get any favors from the officiating and all three officials struggled to get up and down the floor even with a slow paced game. PC was down a starter as he was recently diagnosed with mono. VM defense was very good. I didn't have a dog in the fight but thought PC would win and most likely would of had there been a shot clock. This game would have been in the 30s had PC not fouled at the end to stay in it. Both of these teams should have made it to state and it is unfortunate they got paired up so soon.

Van Meter took the air out of the ball and was very deliberate. VM big guy dominated PC in the first half and caused both PC bigs to sit a lot in foul trouble. VM only shot 28 times for the game and the score was 25-18 at half. PC had a good third quarter to get back in it. PC being behind in the fourth and VM was not looking to score so PC had to foul and VM knocked down nearly all their FTs in crunch time although they were 14-23 for the game. PC did not get any favors from the officiating and all three officials struggled to get up and down the floor even with a slow paced game. PC was down a starter as he was recently diagnosed with mono. VM defense was very good. I didn't have a dog in the fight but thought PC would win and most likely would of had there been a shot clock. This game would have been in the 30s had PC not fouled at the end to stay in it. Both of these teams should have made it to state and it is unfortunate they got paired up so soon.

Yeah, I heard the same thing about the officiating from the old boys at the Co-Op, but that didn't make sense to me with the game looking like it wasn't too uptempo? I don't understand how these crews are not evaluated late in the season.

My guess for seedings:

1 North Linn
8 Des Moines Christian

2 Dike-New Hartford
7 Rock Valley

3 South Hamilton
6 Iowa City Regina

4 Boyden Hull
5 Van Meter

1-NL
2-BH
3-SH
4-VM
5-RV
6-DNH
7-Regina
8-DMC
I think RV gets a bump for wins over Western and West Sioux, which will impress the coaches who are voting.

Can anyone share some details on the DMC Treynor game? I was surprised with that score being so low and then DMC winning.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT