Dec 25, 2004
ADM, Adel v. DBQ Wahlert

Fort Madison/Keokuk v. DC-Grimes

Hudson v. Grinnell

Spencer v. CR Xavier

First Round Predictions:
ADM Adel, Keokuk, Hudson, and Spencer

By the way, GR? State? WTF?!

Does anyone know anything about Grinnell? Their early season record and scores were really bad... Did they have players out or what?

dc grimes will take down keokuk... i dont know anything about adm adel or dc grimes but wahlert isnt great and either is keokuk. my prediction spencer over adm adel. spencer is good! hudson plays kickball but congrats on beating us and making it to state

Spencer is a good team. We saw them play this summer and know they are tough. As for when Hudson played Decorah, they were kind of forced to play kickball considering it was 1-0 for a majority of the game. The gameplan was to take away Decorah's crossing and it worked pretty well. We were told to clear it immediately. It may have looked like kickball, but that was the first time we were forced to do that all year. Kudos to Decorah for playing a hard fought game and not giving up (scoring with 3 minutes left after being down 2-0). I look forward to the Hudson-Spencer matchup as it may be closer than most anticipate.

if so

then why are they playing each other in the 1st round of states? curious seeding if you ask me.

Re: if so

It appears the seeding was purely based on record. Xavier's record is only 10-7 but I imagine that is a function of playing larger schools all the time?

Wahlert and Dallas Center have both won already. Go Hudson!

Re: if so

Was Hudson playing kickball against Grinnell tonight? I think Grinnell set the record for most times clearing it out of bounds lol.

Congrats to Spencer! They played a great tournament and had a great season. Kyle Fitch (GK) played out of his mind and really diserved the All tourney Captain(No disrespect to Toay, who was manmarked for a majority of his senior state journey and has had a phenominal soccer career) . He won 2 of the 3 games on amazing PK shootout saves.

A congrats to Dubuque Wahlert. They played a great season and outplayed Spencer for a majority of the first half. They were underlooked by several teams at state this year and should be the pre-season favorite for next year. Only 2-3 seniors leaving! Good luck!
This post was edited on 6/6 11:53 PM by SpencerPride

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT