ADVERTISEMENT

2A Playoff Pick’Em

NWIowaSioux

Freshman
Feb 22, 2017
Gunna make a new thread for 2A since there are 16 districts for each class to go through.

2A
1 - Rock Valley
2 - South Central Calhoun
3 - Boyden-Hull
4 - Western Christian
5 - Osage
6 - North Linn
7 - Dyersville Beckman
8 - Iowa City, Regina
9 - Camanche
10 - West Branch
11 - Albia
12 - Van Meter
13 - Des Moines Christian
14 - Aplington-Parkersburg
15 - Panorama
16 - Treynor

Rock Valley
Boyden-Hull
North Linn
Regina
Camanche
Van Meter
Des Moines Christian
Treynor

1. West Sioux
2. SSC
3. Boyden-Hull
4. Western
5. Forest City
6. North Linn
7. Beckman Catholic
8. Monticello
9. Camanche
10. West Branch
11. Albia
12. Van Meter
13. Des Moines Christian
14. A-P
15. Panorama
16. Treynor

West Sioux
Boyden-Hull
North Linn
Beckman
Camanche
Van Meter
A-P
Treynor

Last edited:
Don't be surprised if Forest City wins district 5. They match up with Osage well and Dan Rosaker is a great coach. Just beat Lake Mills without there 3rd best player, who is there only other volume shooter from distance

Don't be surprised if Forest City wins district 5. They match up with Osage well and Dan Rosaker is a great coach. Just beat Lake Mills without there 3rd best player, who is there only other volume shooter from distance
Yes totally agree. Forest city is a good team but struggles with consistency. If Miller can average 18-20 throughout the playoffs, I have them winning that district as well

1 - West Sioux
2 - OABCIG
3 - Boyden-Hull
4 - West Lyon
5 - Osage
6 - North Linn
7 - Dyersville Beckman
8 - Monticello
9 - Camanche
10 - West Branch
11 - Albia
12 - Van Meter
15 - Panorama
16 - Treynor

West Sioux
Boyden-Hull
North Linn
Monticello
Camanche
Van Meter
Des Moines Christian
Treynor

1 - West Sioux
2 - OABCIG
3 - Boyden-Hull
4 - West Lyon
5 - Osage
6 - North Linn
7 - Dyersville Beckman
8 - Monticello
9 - Camanche
10 - West Branch
11 - Albia
12 - Van Meter
15 - Panorama
16 - Treynor

West Sioux
Boyden-Hull
North Linn
Monticello
Camanche
Van Meter
Des Moines Christian
Treynor
I really like these upsets and picks you made here.

Reactions: NWIAorBUST
Someone's gotta mix it up. Dejean can make anything happen and I think WL is trending in the right direction to end the year.
Dejean is a beast! Will be interesting to see how he fairs against some of the better 2A teams. Hopefully he’s an Iowa football commit before to long ;)

Pella Christian 53
Des Moines Christian 47

Given how DMC handled PC in the regular season, I'm somewhat surprised DMC didn't come out on top.

Pella Christian 53
Des Moines Christian 47

Given how DMC handled PC in the regular season, I'm somewhat surprised DMC didn't come out on top.
Van Gorp, the big post for PC didn't play in the first game as he was injured. Playoff basketball is different as rosters may be different and the officials seem to let the game be played at a more physical level. Coaches also have more film to watch and a better handle on their own team and rotations.

Reactions: mylameusername
The most annoying thing about post season basketball.
I think that in any sport, including the NFL and NBA, the officials who are highly rated and move on in postseason are those who call the fewest fouls or penalties. I have been a player/fan for many years and as long as I can recall the deeper you get in the tournament, the more officials want to let players play.

Reactions: LAK26
I think that in any sport, including the NFL and NBA, the officials who are highly rated and move on in postseason are those who call the fewest fouls or penalties. I have been a player/fan for many years and as long as I can recall the deeper you get in the tournament, the more officials want to let players play.

I'm all for letting them play within the rules.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT