ADVERTISEMENT

2023 Season

Great games from GCGR and DMC. GCGR controlled possession for the majority of the first half taking a 2-0 lead. DMC cut deficit in half in the second. DMC pulled their goalie. With a minute left he ended up netting one from 40 yards out to force OT. Not many opportunities for either team in the first OT. GCGR had a couple of good looks in the 2nd OT but couldn’t find the back of the net. Two saves from the GCGR goalie in the shootout was the difference.

Feel absolutely terrible for Regina's last pk shooter. Game never should have got to that point and he was put in an extremely tough situation. He makes that 9 out of 10 times. I really hope he knows and his team and coaches let him know that was not on him at all. By all accounts a great kid and great family as well.

The goalie on the other hand.... yikes

Reactions: rc1963
Feel absolutely terrible for Regina's last pk shooter. Game never should have got to that point and he was put in an extremely tough situation. He makes that 9 out of 10 times. I really hope he knows and his team and coaches let him know that was not on him at all. By all accounts a great kid and great family as well.

The goalie on the other hand.... yikes
What was the goalie issue that gets a ‘yikes’?

What are people’s predictions for the finals? I only know about WC, but haven’t really heard anything about GCGR other than that they’re undefeated.

4 WC pk shots hit him in the hands, but slipped through for goals.
Regina deserved to win that game, but they gave it away. Too passive in the second half, not enough urgency to add a second goal which would have ended it.
Regina's assist leader was knocked out of the game with a head injury on a WC yellow card, which hurt at the end of the game, as well as not having him available for the pk shootout.

Here are a couple quotes and examples of how physical the Regina vs. West Liberty game got:

“It means the world to be back here,” Lipsius said. “It means so much to everyone. Everyone is putting in all the effort, we have a couple of people bleeding because they are putting in all they can to every game.”

"Jack Hoover hopped off the bench for a postgame interview Tuesday at Cownie Soccer Park with a scraped-up lower leg that revealed the intensity of the last 80 minutes."

Coming in on the keeper, late, cleats up. No foul, no warning, no card. Luckily the keeper wasn't hurt.
64763a47c3567.image.jpg

64763a563696b.image.jpg

64763a5599611.image.jpg
Here’s one of Drew coming out and attacking the ball. Luckily no one was hurt on the play. I apologize in advance for his music choice.

Western Christian defeats GRGC 2-0 to win their first State Soccer Championship.
Could have been, probably should have been, 4-0.

Reactions: DCAHawk
Western Christian defeats GRGC 2-0 to win their first State Soccer Championship.
Could have been, probably should have been, 4-0.
Yeah, they really controlled that match. For all the hype of GRs back line, I wasn’t impressed. The only impressive part of their game was their tenacity.

GR really only played two really good teams all year. And, they went 1-1.
West Liberty and Regina would have beaten them as well. The bottom half of the state bracket was loaded.

GR really only played two really good teams all year. And, they went 1-1.
West Liberty and Regina would have beaten them as well. The bottom half of the state bracket was loaded.
My knights played better than GR against WC in the Substate final. The bottom of the bracket really was loaded. I think Treynor, Regina, or WL would’ve won.

Ohh **** off Pine. Could have just as easily been 2-2. GCGR had two wide open headers that just sailed wide and high. GCGR definitely didn’t play their best today. Something to be said for the first PUBLIC school to make it to the finals in something like 6 years.

• Haha
Ohh **** off Pine. Could have just as easily been 2-2. GCGR had two wide open headers that just sailed wide and high. GCGR definitely didn’t play their best today. Something to be said for the first PUBLIC school to make it to the finals in something like 6 years.
2-2 is a bit of a stretch. WC played a lot better than GCGR today and had a lot more chances to score after the 2-0. GCGR had a great season, but the one time they were challenged all year they weren’t that impressive.

Reactions: Pinehawk
I watched the entire game. Those headers weren’t close. Keeper didn’t even need to save them.
WC had two wide open looks in the final 10 minutes that were shot directly at the keeper. And a shot deflected out of the GR keeper’s hands and went wide by inches in the final 5 minutes.

Rarely I agree with @Pinehawk but that game was complete domination. Score could have easily been 8 to 0. And stop with the public/ private crap. You all pull from the waterloo area and have GR and GC... two schools with great football programs that do the same shit private schools do.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT