ADVERTISEMENT

2022 Season - 1A

I didn't criticize the situation. Just added some information that was left out, regarding a second Liberty transfer, and that he's a good basketball player. And, wondered if the new WB QB was a package deal with his father who is a coach. Every team gets transfers now.
But, it is interesting that 3 out of the last 5 WB starting quarterbacks have been transfers. Just seems like a lot at one specific position.

I didn't criticize the situation. Just added some information that was left out, regarding a second Liberty transfer, and that he's a good basketball player. And, wondered if the new WB QB was a package deal with his father who is a coach. Every team gets transfers now.
But, it is interesting that 3 out of the last 5 WB starting quarterbacks have been transfers. Just seems like a lot at one specific position.

Blame has laid all of these facts out so I guess it’s just a coincidence. It happens at all the schools is what I have seen.

It would be nice to hear about a 1A team that actually made a deep playoff run, instead of all this bickering about sub-par District 5.

Maybe something about good teams like Dike (1A-3), Beckman (1A-4), MFL (1A-4) or S-K (1A-6) who all made it to the quarterfinals or further....

Last edited:
It would be nice to hear about a 1A team that actually made a deep playoff run, instead of all this bickering about sub-par District 5.

Maybe something about good teams like Dike (1A-3), Beckman (1A-4), or MFL (1A-4) who all made it to the quarterfinals or further....
Hd Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Reactions: GitRDone_51
District 4- one of only two districts that sent two teams to the quarterfinals (along with Van Meter and ACGC in District 7).

D4 Champ- Beckman Catholic (who beat West Branch) graduated 15 senior football players but returns one of the best athletes in the district (QB Gassman) and District MVP lineman (RG Burlage) along with a couple more good linemen, a 6'4 receiver Padrig? and a talented SS (Wulfekuhle) who I assume will take over the role at RB with the graduation of Huengarth. A favorite to win D4 until someone beats them.

D4 Runner-up Columbus Catholic graduated most of the starting skill guys, including D4 MVP Gallagher (QB). Return several good O/D-linemen (Hartz, Knipp, Magayna) and WR Holthaus, but can they fill the other skill positions with quality kids?

D4 3rd place MFL (who beat Regina) made a deep run last year and graduated only 4 starters, but two of them were all-state RB and FB (McShane & McGeough). Return most starting linemen, QB, TE, SE along with speedster Decker as the wingback. Also 2 starting LBs and a couple DL return. They should be pretty good and should be even better in 2023, they started like 6 sophs & a freshman last year against Regina.

D4 4th place Cascade graduates a fair amount of starters but returns Menster, a 2x 1000 yd rusher and a really good DL kid (Rausch) who was their 220 wrestler that qualified for state. They will be solid again but not sure they can crack the top 2 in this district.

D4 5th place Sumner-Fredericksburg returns almost everything, they were mostly sophs and even several freshmen started for them last season. Graduated the QB (Schmitz) and a pretty good 6'6 O/D-lineman (Seehase) but everyone else is back. They should be much better, but good enough to contend with the big dogs, that's a tough task.

D4 6th place Postville canceled their season after week 5 last year and sounds like they won't be any better this year. They have a couple decent kids (Downing and Check) but the program is in trouble. Hopefully they at least field a team and don't forfeit their games.

Last edited:
District 4- one of only two districts that sent two teams to the quarterfinals (along with Van Meter and ACGC in District 7).

D4 Champ- Beckman Catholic (who beat West Branch) graduated 15 senior football players but returns one of the best athletes in the district (QB Gassman) and District MVP lineman (RG Burlage) along with a couple more good linemen and a talented SS (Wulfekuhle) who I assume will take over the role at RB with the graduation of Huengarth. A favorite to win D4 until someone beats them.

D4 Runner-up Columbus Catholic graduated most of the starting skill guys, including D4 MVP Gallagher (QB). Return several good O/D-linemen (Hartz, Knapp, Magayna) and WR Holthaus, but can they fill the other skill positions with quality kids?

D4 3rd place MFL (who beat Regina) made a deep run last year and graduated only 4 starters, but two of them were all-state RB and FB (McShane & McGeough). Return most starting linemen, QB, TE, SE along with speedster Decker as the wingback. Also 2 starting LBs and a couple DL return. They should be pretty good and should be even better in 2023, they started like 6 sophs & a freshman last year against Regina.

D4 4th place Cascade graduates a fair amount of starters but returns Menster, a 2x 1000 yd rusher and a really good DL kid (Rausch) who was their 220 wrestler that qualified for state. They will be solid again but not sure they can crack the top 2 in this district.

D4 5th place Sumner-Fredericksburg returns almost everything, they were mostly sophs and even several freshmen started for them last season. Graduated the QB (Schmitz) and a pretty good 6'6 O/D-lineman (Seehase) but everyone else is back. They should be much better, but good enough to contend with the big dogs, I doubt it.

D4 6th place Postville canceled their season after week 5 last year and sounds like they won't be any better this year. They have a couple decent kids (Downing and Check) but the program is in trouble. Hopefully they at least field a team and don't forfeit their games.

Is Postville forfeiting a realistic option?

I've heard they were going to field a varsity team from one person and that they weren't going to have a team from another guy. Sucks for the teams like Cascade and MFL that got forfeits last year. I'd be really pissed if it happened again.

I've heard they were going to field a varsity team from one person and that they weren't going to have a team from another guy. Sucks for the teams like Cascade and MFL that got forfeits last year. I'd be really pissed if it happened again.
Is there a cut off date? Are teams allowed to find other games if a team forfeits? Unfortunately I think we will start to see more of this

I doubt there's any cutoff date. I'm sure the state would let teams try to get an 8th game if Postville called off their varsity season before the actual season started.

I think you are right about beckman. The strength will be the OL and DL again and QB will take over more responsibilities. The RB is fast enough to break the big ones that huehney couldn't. The development of the linebackers and DB will setermine whether dominate or just very good. Not as deep so staying healthy and summer work important.

So you're saying you've never had an open enrollment kid in your district??
Dude, we border the Burlington Community School District. What do you think? I for one admit it happens everywhere and it’s isn’t a big deal. We also border the Morning Sun school district which used to have a sharing agreement with Mepo, Winfield and Wapello. It’s now only Winfield and Wapello, but we still get a few. I believe Mepo at one point got kids from Danville due to having FFA. I understand the want for your kids to attend a school with good academics and extra curricular activities.

It appears that sometimes families will even choose worse academics in exchange for extra curricular activities.

Dude, we border the Burlington Community School District. What do you think? I for one admit it happens everywhere and it’s isn’t a big deal. We also border the Morning Sun school district which used to have a sharing agreement with Mepo, Winfield and Wapello. It’s now only Winfield and Wapello, but we still get a few. I believe Mepo at one point got kids from Danville due to having FFA. I understand the want for your kids to attend a school with good academics and extra curricular activities.
As stated, everyone does it.

Let it go, already!

Quick question, does responding to a post that was posted 3 weeks ago and had generated zero responses to it constitute ‘letting it go’?

On a side note my heart breaks for those who knew Dog from Herb N Lou’s in WB. Way too young to lose him. Cardinal and Wolverine fan that he was.

Reactions: Pinehawk
Quick question, does responding to a post that was posted 3 weeks ago and had generated zero responses to it constitute ‘letting it go’?

On a side note my heart breaks for those who knew Dog from Herb N Lou’s in WB. Way too young to lose him. Cardinal and Wolverine fan that he was.
a) Some of us have, what is the word......lives. Responding to meaningless questions on Iowa Preps isn't exactly a priority. Hence, the delayed response(s). What does it matter if his father was on the staff? I get what you are insinuating. You're WAY off here.

b) Good dude. He was a sports junkie. His heart was pure. His love for his friends was deep. He was a bat boy for his father's baseball teams when I came up to the HS level in 8th grade. RIP.

a) Some of us have, what is the word......lives. Responding to meaningless questions on Iowa Preps isn't exactly a priority. Hence, the delayed response(s). What does it matter if his father was on the staff? I get what you are insinuating. You're WAY off here.

b) Good dude. He was a sports junkie. His heart was pure. His love for his friends was deep. He was a bat boy for his father's baseball teams when I came up to the HS level in 8th grade. RIP.

I never mentioned the father being on staff. My point is if ‘let it go’ is the directive what is the purpose of responding to a dead post that no one else even responded to?
Just pointed out the hypocrisy in ‘let it go’ then you decide to chime in. Hopefully you get the ‘let it go’ response as well.

Reactions: Pinehawk
Hopefully you get the fvck off response since you won't let it go either, Princess Elsa.

Very nice response. Sorry to have offended you. If the hypocrisy would stop we could talk football. If it doesn’t I will continue to point it out. If you spot hypocrisy on my part feel free to point it out as well.

Very nice response. Sorry to have offended you. If the hypocrisy would stop we could talk football. If it doesn’t I will continue to point it out. If you spot hypocrisy on my part feel free to point it out as well.
Says the guy who asked a "quick question" about letting go whilst stating we should let it go.

Take your own advice and move on. Any new players for the Regals this season?? (Wait for it.........)

Says the guy who asked a "quick question" about letting go whilst stating we should let it go.

Take your own advice and move on. Any new players for the Regals this season?? (Wait for it.........)

All new, need to re recruit them each year. There are no school districts binding their players.

I may need to review my posts. I don’t recall requesting to ‘let it go’
I mocked the poster who chose a 3 week old, dead post to request the op ‘let it go’
Please point out where I requested that people ‘let it go’ I missed it.

@cidhawkeye I apologize. I just assume you and @Pinehawk are cut from the same cloak.

As for the Regals, their skill positions could be solid. Need to find a whole new OL. I'm sure Dumont has tricks up his sleeve. Good luck this year. Could be a fun district with WBs improvements and Mepo returning Isley and their QB and K/P

@cidhawkeye I apologize. I just assume you and @Pinehawk are cut from the same cloak.

As for the Regals, their skill positions could be solid. Need to find a whole new OL. I'm sure Dumont has tricks up his sleeve. Good luck this year. Could be a fun district with WBs improvements and Mepo returning Isley and their QB and K/P

Not sure what’s in the pipeline on the line but Dumont is on it.
Hoping to see Mepos boy get a lot of action in his specialty (punting) 😉

Reactions: EIHCGuy

And returning TE\LB Cole Lipper. Him and Isley are getting lots of looks for D2, FCS and possibly FBS. Need some beef on the OL/DL though.

How about we talk about football from the area that has been the power over the last handful of years - western Iowa. All that is ever on here is the eastern half. The power has been Van Meter and NW Iowa. Are they going to be as strong this year? I think Underwood could take the step this year since Van Meter will be down. But NW Iowa is where there always seems to be the power. Who will the dome teams be this year?

West Sioux and OABCIG are gonna be tough outs. WS may be the favorite in 1A. VM lost a bunch, but never count them out.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT