ADVERTISEMENT

2020-21 Coaching Openings

Per Local Radio, Atlantic has hired assistant Joe Brummer as their new HFC.
wow..is he not from harlan? ok, yea, he is ...former harlan nite, and morningside grad, same college former curt bladt came from...probably a good choice for him, because at harlan it would be assisstant for life

BK- offer made nothing accepted
CCA- selecting candidates this week likely
Liberty- no reported progress
Atlantic- hired on staff assistant

Crazy that job was just open I think 2 years ago. Seems like it should be a decent job, not sure why they can't keep a coach there.
Tipton is one of the odd jobs that does come open often. I believe this is the 3rd opening they'll have in 6 years (roughly).

Is there any anticipation on any other jobs coming open? I always think there will be 1 or 2 but once you hit April and about 7 weeks of school left, it pretty much has settled down.

I can't imagine very many jobs opening, unless you get a current head coach that fills one of the jobs that have yet to be filled which would cause another opening.

I do not believe the jobs that would open up would be very attractive though just due to the fact that most of the jobs still open aren't amazing destinations to leave for.

I can't imagine very many jobs opening, unless you get a current head coach that fills one of the jobs that have yet to be filled which would cause another opening.

I do not believe the jobs that would open up would be very attractive though just due to the fact that most of the jobs still open aren't amazing destinations to leave for.

I bet there will be more to come. April always seems to be a month where teachers/coaches resign/retire before next years contracts get issued. It's a tough spot to put schools in though having to search for a new HC this late in the game.

Woodward-Granger hired Cory Crkovich as their next head coach. Crkovich is a WG alum who played receiver at WG as well as Grand View. Had been the head coach at Collins-Maxwell and built that program from the ground up after the split from CMB.

Hartley Melvin Sanborn

This is a team that I think most people would put in their top 10 if not 5 for next year in class A.

Reactions: IGo42
Hartley Melvin Sanborn

This is a team that I think most people would put in their top 10 if not 5 for next year in class A.
I'd agree. I watched them play last fall and they were very solid. Athletic QB, tough backs and a big line. Most of them were underclassmen. I also had them penciled in as a Class A Top 10 team for 2021.

Red Oak hires Michael Nordeen. I do not believe he has had head coaching experience, but has had assistant stints with DM Roosevelt, Ballard, and Gilbert. Tough place to win for sure, but maybe he can get something rolling.

wow..is he not from harlan? ok, yea, he is ...former harlan nite, and morningside grad, same college former curt bladt came from...probably a good choice for him, because at harlan it would be assisstant for life
nice to see former players in the district come back and coach local teams....glenwoods coach played for harlan too

Weber is a huge get for Pekin. SE Iowa Football knows this well.

Are there any solid free agent coaches out there you guys would expect to be putting in for jobs? Seems like there are a few open still.

LeMars has hired a guy from South Dakota, who has 30+ years of coaching experience. Not sure how much of a long term a hire like that is when you hire someone who has been in education/coaching for that long. But regardless, that has been filled. I have heard that Marion was turned down by a few candidates, but I am not sure how reliable that was, but seeing it reposted again adds some validity to that rumor.

LeMars hired Ken Vigdal

I saw on twitter this morning that Denison Schleswig hired Kamari Cotton Moya (former ISU player) yesterday as their HC.

I saw on twitter this morning that Denison Schleswig hired Kamari Cotton Moya (former ISU player) yesterday as their HC.
I think this is pretty cool. Yiu think a kid would love to play for a former big time college player. Congrats coach cotton moya!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT