ADVERTISEMENT

2020-21 Coaching Openings

Not a big shock as he came from there, and he may of still actually taught there

it appears, via TeachIowa, that Ar-We-Va has opened. This is a small 8-man school outside of Carroll. Read into that what you may. I have no intel on the situation but Ar-We-Va has a history of fielding a very good football team.

Current HFC at Roosevelt. Turned them around to be very competitive quickly. He was also at Greene County. By all accounts, a very good coach. He was also on Paul Rhodes staff at ISU at one time.
Erik Link (University of Missouri through App State) turned them around. Mitch Moore took over for the Roosevelt program after Link went to app state

I believe that Mount Ayr posted their job, it doesn't say "Head" however if I remember correctly they had Co coaches, one retired from everything and the other one was going to give up football, but agreed to coach one more year.

I believe that Mount Ayr posted their job, it doesn't say "Head" however if I remember correctly they had Co coaches, one retired from everything and the other one was going to give up football, but agreed to coach one more year.
Beautiful new stadium and a traditionally strong A/1A program.

Finalists for Roosevelt job:

Matt Dillon-Fort Dodge St. Edmond HC
Khalil Carter-WDM Valley Assistant
Ernst Brun-Former ISU Tight End & Roosevelt Assistant
Jared Barnett-Former ISU Quarterback/QB Coach at Tennessee-Martin
Duane Matthes-Nodaway Valley HC

The rumor is that Carter is the leader in the clubhouse and they want to keep Brun & Barnett as assistants.

The rumor is that Carter is the leader in the clubhouse and they want to keep Brun & Barnett as assistants.

Earlier in this thread, it was stated Case from South Central Calhoun was in the running at Roosevelt. Any idea if that was just a rumor or what happened to him being considered?

That's funny I haven't heard any of those names but I have heard former Iowa HS Head Coach Randy Schrader or Baxter HC Rob Luther are the favorites. With the dark horse being Coach Carter from Valley.

Coach Case pulled his name out before finalist were announced.

Waukee Northwest appears to be posting all of their open coaching positions. This includes Head Varsity FB.

Earlier in this thread, it was stated Case from South Central Calhoun was in the running at Roosevelt. Any idea if that was just a rumor or what happened to him being considered?

Case made a lot of heavy demands early on in the negotiation process that Roosevelt and DMPS weren't willing to take him up on. He asked to teach half the day and coach football the other half, needed a job for his wife in the building, and wanted to be paid twice as much as the highest paid DMPS head coach (they all get the same coaching contract).

Expect an announcement from Roosevelt sometime next week.

I believe I read that the interim Head Coach for Clayton Ridge (Matt Moser) was hired as new HC after previous HC (Chad Harbaugh) was put on administrative leave halfway through the season.

Update with what I know

Open Jobs (and person who filled if filled)

Iowa City High- Mitchell Moore
Linn-Mar- Tim Lovell
DSM Roosevelt
Waukee NW
Marion
Charles City
Carroll
LeMars
Red Oak
Woodward Granger
Clarion Goldfield Dows
Woodward Granger
Mount Ayr
Lawton Bronson-Jason Garnand
Ar-We-Va

To me looking at these jobs Waukee NW is probably the best or could be the best job, but none of the others stick out as super appealing situations.

Update with what I know

Linn-Mar- Tim Lovell
DSM Roosevelt
Waukee NW
Marion
Charles City
Carroll
LeMars
Red Oak
Woodward Granger
Clarion Goldfield Dows
Woodward Granger
Mount Ayr
Ar-We-Va
you know you have Woodward Granger on there twice?

Update with what I know

Linn-Mar- Tim Lovell
DSM Roosevelt
Waukee NW
Marion
Charles City
Carroll
LeMars
Red Oak
Woodward Granger
Clarion Goldfield Dows
Woodward Granger
Mount Ayr
Ar-We-Va
Now that the first of the year is here, the next 8-10 weeks are usually full of movement. This seems to be a lot prior to the new year, so maybe it wont be as robust. I think the Carroll job will draw some interest, as well as WG (location). This obviously goes without saying, but the WNW job is the crown jewel.

I know it's smaller but the Woodward Granger job seems to be the hidden gem of the bunch, especially with Grimes continuing to grow.

I thought I heard Carlson is taking the Waukee NW job

Case made a lot of heavy demands early on in the negotiation process that Roosevelt and DMPS weren't willing to take him up on. He asked to teach half the day and coach football the other half, needed a job for his wife in the building, and wanted to be paid twice as much as the highest paid DMPS head coach (they all get the same coaching contract).

Expect an announcement from Roosevelt sometime next week.

What's the word on the Roosevelt job? What are you hearing?

Waukee website is advertising for a head football coach at Waukee High. Looks like Carlson is heading to NW.

Roosevelt has offered their HC opening to Jared Barnett.

Kind of shocking to be honest considering the other pool of candidates.

I don't know, I really don't think any of the other candidates truly stick out, I think the biggest thing will be continuing the momentum that this program seems to be gaining. I truly don't know the makeup of the school but I know that others on here have said that if there is one DSM public school that could compete with the "Big Boys" it would be Roosevelt.

Well I think any coach that has Head Coaching experience would be above a coach that hasn't especially one with the experience that Coach Dillon has.

No the new stadium won't be open next year.

I don't disagree with you, but experience at the D1 level (FCS) could be a draw, he is also younger. I am not sure how old Coach Dillon is, but you have to wonder how long he would want to stay, and most of his experience is with private schools which is different than this job. The other candidate with HC experience on the list to me seems like a twitter coach looking for the next thing without really accomplishing much at the job they have.

• Haha
Reactions: DrainTheSwamp
I don't disagree with you, but experience at the D1 level (FCS) could be a draw, he is also younger. I am not sure how old Coach Dillon is, but you have to wonder how long he would want to stay, and most of his experience is with private schools which is different than this job. The other candidate with HC experience on the list to me seems like a twitter coach looking for the next thing without really accomplishing much at the job they have.

Possibly could be a draw. No clue about the other HC, I'm not sure what a twitter coach is, I think we should assume that people who are in education and especially those that dedicate their time to coaching are in it for the right reasons. Just my opinion though.

Looks like both Waukee high schools will be open, Coach Carlson is stepping down.
I saw this last night on Twitter. A very heartfelt letter. I can't imagine the candidate pool that those jobs will get and I have no idea who they would end up settling on. This job is open after being filled for 25 years and I imagine they wont be open again for another 25 years

Assistant coach I believe the defensive coordinator will be the new HC at Waukee NW with Carlson remaining on staff as an assistant coach at Waukee NW is what I have heard.

I think you may see some jobs open up that were taken by assistants last year to fill a job in a pandemic.

Reactions: hawxs22
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT