ADVERTISEMENT

2020-21 Coaching Openings

Jayhawkin

Freshman
Feb 28, 2007
This thread is popular every year and always fun to follow. With a lot of schools already done, I am curious to see what jobs begin to pop open over the next few months!

I think he also was on Campbell’s staff for a year or two. As stated he did a good job at Roosevelt the short time he was there.

Current HFC at Roosevelt. Turned them around to be very competitive quickly. He was also at Greene County. By all accounts, a very good coach. He was also on Paul Rhodes staff at ISU at one time.
Good coach and motivator, certainly, but also has a history of infractions with the IHSAA and condoning some not-so-great behavior. When he was at GC his teams had a reputation for being unsportsmanlike and there were reportedly some shady things happening behind the scenes. But since he left it sounds like that has changed there.

That was his first HC job though, so maybe he has changed since then. Definitely did a good job turning it around at Roosevelt. Will be interesting to see what he can do at IC if this is true. Counting ISU this will be his 4th job in the last 6 years.

Last edited:
Where is this being reported at?

LeMars radio station.

(high school football)
Le Mars head football coach Gabe Tardive announced to his team at their postseason banquet over the weekend that he was stepping down as Bulldogs coach after nine seasons. Tardive completed his 9th season last month with a playoff loss to Storm Lake to close out a 1-6 season. Tardive’s teams made three playoff appearances with his first team in 2012 finishing 7-3. Tardive’s resignation has yet to be acting on by the Le Mars Community school board.

Linn Mar has a guy just down the street by the name of Marshall Yanda I believe...

Not quite sure that's a job for a first time head coach... I expect that job will be pretty sought after from coaches all over the state that have quite the resumes.

Reactions: Jayhawkin
Roosevelt was posted, I'm kind of interested to see who gets that job, it's a job that you can have success.

I am just bumping this so it stays ahead of all of the spam, I wish the moderator of this site could take care of that.

Reactions: 3buzzmable
If you hover over the spam poster name and then click on ignore, it helps clean it up some. But I agree, the spamming is ridiculous

Is Carroll High open?
I have heard this as well, but I have yet to see it reported anywhere. It was heavily circulated during the state tournament that it would be open. Again, a very good job in a great community. Too answer a previous post above, I imagine that many jobs will go unfilled until after break.

OK don't hate me for throwing this in here - because it's not high school football, but the Neb AD is making comments about none other then - Scott Frost's job security.
Ok go ahead and let me have it.

Hearing a coach from Missouri that has been a HS head coach in Iowa is the leading candidate for the Roosevelt job.

Clarion-Goldfield-Dows HS will more than likely be looking for a new HFC/AD, as their current HFC Tim Morrinson has accepted the OL coaching position at Wartburg College. Nothing is posted yet, but the Knights Athletic page has announced the hire.

South Central Calhoun's football Coach is making the jump to Roosevelt and will be their new coach.

Case has been at SCC/Southern Cal for over 20+ years. Very interesting to say the least if it ends up playing out that way.

No way Case leaves SCC for Roosevelt. Maybe he would look at the Carroll job but heard they are going in house with the DC.

The Roosevelt DC is headed to ICH as well. That was posted on Twitter by him. The Carroll opening would appear to be a better fit for Case, but who knows.

No way Case leaves SCC for Roosevelt. Maybe he would look at the Carroll job but heard they are going in house with the DC.

I'm hearing his children live in the Des Moines area and he wants to be close to them, going to Carroll doesn't accomplish that.

I do always find it interesting that jobs are posted on here as open/opening, well before they are posted by a district. Jobs that I have yet to see posted other places: LeMars, Linn-Mar, Charles City, South Central Calhoun, and Clarion-Goldfield-Dows.

Some schools have just posted on their website only as well. It will be interesting to see these jobs get filled and what new jobs are still on the horizon.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT