ADVERTISEMENT

2007 Class 1-A All-State

nhssoccer

Varsity
Feb 16, 2004
First Team: Captain Will Martin, CR Xavier; Danny Bauer, CR Xavier; Austin Adamson, Norwalk; Eric May, Norwalk; Brandon Cook, Bondurant-Farrar; AJ George, Nevada; Clayton Boeyink, Pella; Evan Summy, CB Lewis Central; Sam Hoover, Nevada; Leo Esquivel, Perry; GK Cameron Tucker, CB St. Albert's
Second Team: AJ Konchar, CR Xavier; Bryce Kinard, CB St. Albert's; Mike Noonan, CR Xavier; Drew Russell, Mt. Vernon; Brady Blankenship, Glenwood; Nic Asteberg, Dallas Center-Grimes; Daniel Luce, Waterloo Columbus; Gabe Crall, Norwalk; Louie Oswald, Dubuque Wahlert; Kyle Cumings, Norwalk; GK Alex Sedrel, Dallas Center-Grimes
Honorable Mention: Elliot Rausa, Waterloo Columbus; Lyle Gardner, Solon; John Lee, Pella; Blake Fostvedt, CB St. Albert's; Mitch Cornelius, Decorah; GK Ben Smiley, Norwalk

ratch is a good soccer player but i would say that rausa is the best from columbus and ratch should have played goalie for the sailors all year it would have helped them a ton hes so athletic

John Lee only got Honorable mention and he was in the East-West all-star game what's with that? Ben Smiley gets 2nd team all-conference behind me, but gets all-state honorable mention? I wish it would at least be consistent with all-state and all-conference.

Proves how wrong the LHC All-Conference team is... Quincy, please stop talking about you and your one award. I'm sick of hearing about how you got 1st Team All-conference when everybody knows it's a joke. South Tama and Osky scored on you. Ben watched 25 shots go into the net against those teams... except they were on the opposite side of the field of him.

yeah, that just shows how Norwalk may have the better team, but not every one of those players are better. How many shots did he have against him in those games? 2? Norwalk has an amazing defense, but I think Ben is the weakest of the D

Ben was a first year starter while all the others have played multiple years and or contributed significantly last year (Matt Miller)
He did a fantastic job, making huge saves through substate (Ballard and Bondurant)
At the end of the day, be happy for what you got, there are others who will never sniff the opportunity to be on any 1st team all conference, and your whining because you didnt get honorable mention all state.
Cripes, he got the higher recognition because his team did better, he did better in the playoffs, and his team beat yours, he let through less goals, he had a better save percentage....catching the point?
HE'S BETTER THAN YOU

have a nice day

Congrats to everyone that made the all-state teams! It is a great accompllishment and something to be very proud of.

Quincy
You are forgetting you were a backup on Pella to Youngman and a backup on WDM to Jennings.
So why do you think you are so good. You were lucky to get All Conference.
If just shows how one sided some of the All Conf, All Star, All State Teams are. If your coach can get the other coaches to vote for you.
The best players are not truely recongized sometimes.
Allot of these teams don't really hold much weight in the soccer world as
there are players much better than some of the first team players, they just don't want several players from a few teams. There are several that are questable, but that's life.
Have fun gaurding the water cooler at Central in the fall.

How does Ryan Culbertson not make All-State from Ft. Madison??? I think he scored over 31 goals and 15 assists this season in only 20 games. And another one is Kevin Gunn scoring 26 goals for Ft. Madison and being on the All-Tournament team at state. Does a coach have to be a member of the association to get a player chosen on one of these teams if so that is the most rediculous thing I have ever heard of. The best players in the state should be on these teams and I don't think they are well represented.

I was surprised Leo from Perry got 1st team. I figured he would get All-State, but I played against him, and I didn't think he was a great all-round soccer player. He can definitely score goals. Congrats to everyone who made it.

No, your coach doesn't have to be a member for a player to be recognized, but it helps if they are because they'll know more coaches. If you look, there aren't many players from SE Iowa, that means there weren't enough votes from that part of the state. Only votes that get turned in can be counted. Any time you recognize people, someone will get left out.

I may have been backup to Josh Youngman at Pella for a couple of years, but I did start over Ross Jennings at WDM. btw, I wasn't whining or bragging that I'm so amazing, I was just trying to point out the fact that all-conference teams and all-state teams are not very consistent with one another. Congrats to the people that made it.

WOW! clayton boeyink on first team. konchar on 2nd team? mike noonan? captain of CR Xavier 3 time champs and runner up? 2nd team behind some of those guys...?

gabe crall and kyle cummings of norwalk? 2nd team behind some of those guys?

leo from perry is pretty quick but he wasnt phenomenal this year. but still gets a 1st team?

evan summy of CB: LC? where was this 1A all stater at when norwalk beat them by 6 if i recall correctly?

cameron tucker of CB: st. alberts.. u were nothing amazing either.

but clayton boeyink on first team is just ridiculous. come on coaches, u can do better then that!

I really would have thought that Noonan got 1st team too, the only thing that I could think of was that they didn't want 3 from Xavier being first team, but still....if they deserve to be there then they should be. Also, we scored 5 on the DCG keeper, was he just having a bad day? or just not amazing?

Wow - Some people's egos! How some people can judge on watching someone one game - that's ego! Iowa has had some soccer players go on to college and do very well at the college level and they were never recognized at the H.S. level. Did Luke McClyman from Cedar Rapids ever get H.S. recognition?

Congratulate the people recognized! Obviously some Coaches felt they did a good job based on more than one game.

Gosh....Nowalk wins state....and they still complain....who cares about first team anyways everyone knows a majority of all state teams are political and it would be impossible to get a true all state team........stop bitching and be happy with what your team has accomplished

no kidding norwalk fans are starting to more annoying day after day. How is Tucker not all state he had a couple amazing saves against you guys at state. if he didnt make those the score could have been 5-0. Also the norwalk keeper was not impressive at all and yet he somehow made second team

The norwalk keeper didnt get scored on the entire state tournament. hes a first time starter as well as a sophmore. looks like he is pretty good by my book. remember the shot totals of the xavier game? ill say that mr. smiley of norwalk was tested in that game.

people always complain about keepers being protected by their defenses which make them look better. last time i checked, the goalkeeper was part of the defense.

last time i checked, you say norwalk in about every damn sentence you type. Why the hell don't you hop off norwalks nuts for 2 seconds to realize that not all of norwalk is going to make 1st or second team all state. Every team will have there say, and there are always players from teams that didn't even come close to making it to state. It's the way it goes, and that is the way it has been and will be for seasons to come. I just hope that in seasons to come, you won't be watching norwalk soccer so closely after you graduate.

Lyle is a decent player from Solon who also plays for ISC club. It is safe to say that Lyle is one of Solon's better players. Lyle plays mostly mid.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT