ADVERTISEMENT

2 A Girls Preseason Rankings

I think Woodbury Central could be a surprise team in Western Valley. IKM-Manning plays Audubon after Tgiving break.

I agree they have a new coach at WC in Alfreson. Should get the girls to play well.

How good is Audubon?

IKM-Manning beat Guthrie 67-30 in a scrimmage and Audubon beat them 55-30. Audubon is decent. Let us know how LB did tonight against WM.

FYI. Kaylee Blake did not play for IKMM against Guthrie, as she was participating in the IGCA Senior All-Star volleyball matches.

ELC beat Manson Northwest Webster 65-48....ELC has a very solid starting 5- if they can get some bench play throughout the season they will be very good. MNW looked good also- at one point playing 4 freshman with 1 junior...had they made some free throws in the first half the game could have been very tight- it was 14 pt. game at half- I think MNW is going to be dangerous by seasons end. ELC is very physical and aggressive.

LB won 76-20 over West Monona. The pressure defense has really been working well. We had four girls with 7 or more rebounds. We too at one point had 4 freshmen and one junior playing on the court. The freshmen are blending very well with the other girls they should be fun to watch the rest of the year. Congrats to both of you on your wins last night. Our next game is next Tuesday at Sloan vs. Westwood. When and who do both of you play next?

Yeah, I'd say anybody that opens their tourney bracket over the next 4 years or so and sees Lawton Bronson in there will be hating it...they will be deep and talented for quite awhile. MNW plays Cherokee on monday- interesting to see what they are like- last year was a game in the 70's that MNW won.

Congrats to the AP Lady Falcons on winning the Waterloo West Thanksgiving Tournament. They beat a very good 5A Waterloo West team 59 to 56. It was a very well played game by both teams. Ap really showed some toughness trough out the game. A fun game to watch.

Likewise for MNW your freshmen are as equally as talented as LB's freshmen both teams beating each other in tournaments last year. However your strength of schedule will be tougher than ours this year so lets see which helps the freshmen more. I believe that will do your team more good than ours.

A-P sounds to be very solid. These next four weeks will be very telling for a lot of young teams.

Wow sounds like a great win. Blake is going to be very strong this year she should take IKM deep into the postseason.

LB 77-20 over Westwood. Next up are the kitty cats from WC. Should be a good game......for a while!!

GO EAGLES!!!!!!!

#15 (1A) Marquette Catholic wins big over #4 (2A) Bellevue Public. Bellevue looks like they're missing some of the seniors they lost to graduation. However, both teams will be tough throughout the season and post-season.

Side Note---Why tell an elderly lady to "shut your mouth!" during a JV game?

Originally posted by Smokin'Js:

#15 (1A) Marquette Catholic wins big over #4 (2A) Bellevue Public. Bellevue looks like they're missing some of the seniors they lost to graduation. However, both teams will be tough throughout the season and post-season.

Bellevue only lost one starter to graduation, but they are without Ali Reeg who tore her ACL, possible she may be back in January. Without her they are really inexperienced in the backcourt...hopefully she comes back healthy...and hopefully the experience for the other girls makes them better.
This post was edited on 12/1 12:33 AM by comet_y2k

Originally posted by comet_y2k:

Originally posted by Smokin'Js:

Bellevue only lost one starter to graduation, but they are without Ali Reeg who tore her ACL, possible she may be back in January. Without her they are really inexperienced in the backcourt...hopefully she comes back healthy...and hopefully the experience for the other girls makes them better.

This post was edited on 12/1 12:33 AM by comet_y2k
Hopefully she doesn't come back too soon and reinjure it again. Not sure if Kylie Powell of Union came back too soon or not but it looked like she tore her ACL again tonight against AP. Hopefully I'm wrong but that's what it looked like from her reaction and them carrying her off the floor. Have to feel for her having to go through that again if that's the case.

IKM-Manning moved to 4-0 with a 60-45 win over Kuemper. Wolves are developing nicely. Score would have been a lot worse but Kaylee Blake was in foul trouble and played maybe half the game. When she was in the game she was tough to stop. Defensively the Wolves were pretty tough today. Good win for the Wolves.

I didn't say they lost more than one starter to graduation! I think they are missing their key reserves (Knake, Hammand), as well as the starter (Anderson) they lost to graduation.

Originally posted by rockandrollball:

AP looks good every summer for a variety of reasons with the same girls since they were freshman and have had 1 winning season (last year as juniors). The buzz was this class would go to four state tournments. They have had essentially the same team for four years now so they should be good. I have not watched them during the season but have seen them during the summer. The Hempen girls best attribute seems to be the fact she has to put up with her dad as the coach. If anything can screw it up this year for them it's him. He seems to be a real gem.
I'd say the girls and coach all did quite well and stepped up when they needed to against Dike-New Hartford and West Marshall to get to state and then against Panora in the first round. Especially since pretty much everyone on here had written them off and picked DNH, WM or Hudson to go from their region.

Not sure if it is Vike or Husker who has a daughter that plays for LB but just wanted to say those girls are something special for sure. To lose 3 starters at one point to injury and still hang in there says alot about them and I was very impressed by how they played. You guys will be tough next year. I hope all 3 girls are ok and the parents, school and community should be proud of their team.

That would be my daughter. But why did you post something like you did on the other topic thread? If we have Kopal the whole game I and many others think that game would have went right to the end.

Kopals stats in the championship game
12 minutes played
17 points
12 rebounds

Are you kidding me?

Wow I certainly didn't mean to get anybody worked up over it and me saying they were by far the best team in 2A was more based on how they dominated their first 2 games and didn't mean to slight LB or how good they are. I shouldn't have said "by far", I misspoke, please accept my apalogy.

Agree with Husker....as a matter of fact- it appeared to be going to the end even without Kopa- LB had it to 5 when the other two got hurt....so they were right there. Western was good, no doubt, but they were not as far ahead of everybody as some of us thought coming into the season.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT