ADVERTISEMENT

1A Game Week (Week 2)

Charles86

Freshman
Aug 6, 2018
With week 1 already completed, it’s time to look ahead to week 2 and interesting games that it will provide.

Osage at Aplington-Parkersburg
West Branch at Waterloo Columbus
Cascade at Durant
Dike-New Hartford at Grundy Center
Pella Christian at Panorama
Western Christian at BHRV
Williamsburg at Van Meter

Any thoughts on these games? Predictions? Other games that should be added?

I think most of 1A will be cheering for Williamsburg over VM. I think Williamsburg will win it even though it is in VM. It is too early with too many new players for VM to pull one out. Maybe later in the year but not right now. In the same area, I think PC will easily get by Panorama. Panorama has put up yards and points, but have done it against very poor teams.
We will also see how good West Branch and Columbus are when they faces each other. It will also say a lot about Dike since they had no trouble with Columbus last week.

Last edited:
Columbus' 42-14 loss wasn't as bad as it looks on paper. They just ran out of gas late. DNH has always done that to teams. They're like Remember the Titans novocaine.

BHRV did not have a good game last week from what I saw. Would not be surprised if Western starts this year off 2-0.
Id peg BHRV is a team searching for an identity. I think they have some guys they can build around but your probably right in that Western would be favorited this week. I watched the game against WL and Western just went out and won it. I think WL will still be good this year, pretty impressive win for Western.

Id peg BHRV is a team searching for an identity. I think they have some guys they can build around but your probably right in that Western would be favorited this week. I watched the game against WL and Western just went out and won it. I think WL will still be good this year, pretty impressive win for Western.
Week 5 (9/23)
West Sioux at Western Christian

That game will be for the district title and by the looks of it right now, should be a really good game. It will be tough sledding for a district winner that has to play against the runner up whether its WS or WC. Tough opening round draw in the playoffs.

BHRV did not have a good game last week from what I saw. Would not be surprised if Western starts this year off 2-0.
Good call! Western Christian is very good! Will be a great show down with West Sioux to decide district champ.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT