ADVERTISEMENT

Who got the worst first round draw?

Anybody that paired up with D3 got a pretty tough draw.

New Hampton as a #3 seed against Anamosa as a #2 seed is a tough match-up for Anamosa. They have had a great season, but that is a tough first round draw.

I would say Union as a #1 seed against CPU as a #4 seed, when CPU beat them easily early in the season, is a tough match-up.

I agree and think it will be a closer game, but still a tough matchup. Typically you see a greater gap between 1 & 4 seeds, but any teams matched up with D3 face the depth of quality teams.

Personally I would prefer to play any 4 seed we haven't already played this season.

Originally posted by UnionFootballFan:

Anybody that paired up with D3 got a pretty tough draw.

New Hampton as a #3 seed against Anamosa as a #2 seed is a tough match-up for Anamosa. They have had a great season, but that is a tough first round draw.

I would say Union as a #1 seed against CPU as a #4 seed, when CPU beat them easily early in the season, is a tough match-up.
It is a very tough match up but I question whether the Knights would have even made the playoffs if they were in D3 so it almost works a bit like a "play in" game. Now, before you get too upset I think the game will be closer this time and I wouldn't be surprised to see a Union win.

I don't get upset about fair comparisons. I actually agree with you. D3 is a beast and likely Union would have been fighting closer to a 4 seed. Considering CPU beat Union by multiple scores early, it's fair to say.

With that said, Union starts/plays a half dozen sophomores and they have grown since that first match-up. I don't think CPU is playing their best ball of the season right now. With those to factors considered, I think this will be a closer game.

Union can't afford to turn the ball over - that will be the difference in the game.

Originally posted by UnionFootballFan:

I don't get upset about fair comparisons. I actually agree with you. D3 is a beast and likely Union would have been fighting closer to a 4 seed. Considering CPU beat Union by multiple scores early, it's fair to say.

With that said, Union starts/plays a half dozen sophomores and they have grown since that first match-up. I don't think CPU is playing their best ball of the season right now. With those to factors considered, I think this will be a closer game.

Union can't afford to turn the ball over - that will be the difference in the game.
That is also why I see a closer game.

Btw, any insight as to where these sophs came from? I was under the impression the freshman team at Union was not good last year. I'm sure I'm missing something.

The soph's are home grown boys. Always been there and had some talent. Great coaching has helped them develop. The year before is when the frosh team was bad.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT