ADVERTISEMENT

WCAC 2013

May 21, 2012
First day of practice is here! Lets get the chatter started!

Who are the favorites? Predictions? Players to watch? Coaching changes?

1. Ogden have some horses for pitching
1b. DMC- be interesting who the new faces are
1c. VM- did they get a new coach because didn't their coach go to Martensdale? Very talented class. I see them out of these 3 winning it though
4. WCV- had some good games last year vs top teams return more than others
5. Woodward Granger - well coached team lost some players though but middle of the pack teams are tough to predict this year
6. CRB- well coached will have 2 horses for conference competition little to no hitting at bottom of line up
7. Earlham- lost a lot but have some athletes returning
8. - Woodward Academy played some good games last year bottom dwellers will struggle this year
9. Guthrie- return everyone will sneak couple wins
10. Panora- lost a lot of players
11. Madrid- just a struggling program

My 2 Cents:

1) Van Meter...returns 8 starters and all their pitching. .370 team average with lots of power. Pitching is deep. Most of these starters are Juniors....so it looks like they may have their way with the WCAC for the next two years.
2) Ogden....returns 7 starters but lost key bats and arms in Turner & Adreon. They return 45% of innings pitched
3) CRB....returns 7 starters but only a couple can hit the ball. Will need pitching and defense to keep games close.
4) DMC....only returns 4 starts and lost key bats and arms. Unless they take a page from their basketball team and recruit some new players, DMC may fall even further in the conference.
5) WCV...returns 6 starters but are a young team. They lost 52% of their innings pitched but return a player (Kearns) as their ace.
6) WG....returns 6 starters and some key bats. However, they lost over half of their innings pitched and two key arms in Wilson and Landon.
7) Panorama....returns 5 startes but lost some key bats and innings pitched. I could see this team drift in the bottom 1/3 of the conference.
8) Earlham...returns only 2 starters and they are young! Lost almost 80% of their pitching. This team will struggle unless they can plug in some viable underclassmen.
9) Woodward Academy....Hard to tell with this team as they have new kids every year.
10) Madrid.....returns 5 starters but their bats don't have much punch and they lost 65% of their pitching.
11) GC....While they return all their players, they are still young and inexperienced. From what I saw last year, one more year of maturity will not get them out of the celler.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT