ADVERTISEMENT

Success of Private Schools

NoJustice

All Conference
Sep 13, 2004
I was a big detractor and felt the success of private schools needed changed. They were having so much success that something was wrong. Something needs fixed. Something is unfair here.

I thought and thought on the issue. Years. Reading. Pros. Cons. Thinking. Taking it all in. I finally was hit by an epiphany. My view is now a complete 180.

If public schools were not becoming a joke in their ability to educate kids, there would not be such a flee to private schools where educating kids is actually a priority instead of a social engineering experiment. That and the common core standards initiative which is counter-productive to educating kids.

By and large the private schools and teams are made up of kids of parents who understand how the public education system is an anchor that keeps their children from having the best opportunity to succeed. Parents who 'get it' raise better kids. Sorry but true. I know not very PC. Truth though.

Stay with me here. So the privates are getting cream of the crop kids from parents who have the economic where with all to do it. It being pay a tuition.

You see a pattern/clue? Parents who get it. Want the best for their children. Having the economic where with all to do it. Probably because they too were raised by good common sensical parents. Common thread here is that good solid families is the foundation and impetus behind wanting to raise good kids, having a good work ethic, getting good paying jobs, the cycle moves on. They are the families with the ability to flee to the public schools

You want to reverse the trend? Educate kids, get control of the agenda back to what it should be about and get control of the environment where teachers can control the classroom. Then and only then will good people decide to allow their kids to go there. Instead of taking them out so they have a better chance to succeed in life.

In Iowa City, do the big public 4As educate kids better and teach better moral values than Regina? In CR better than Xavier? In Fort Dodge better than St. Eds? In CB better than St. Al?

All smaller privates in bigger communities. The parents want their kids educated. They want them taught values. American values. The kids are from families that understand the strength of a family. Two parents by and large. So they are kids with a great support system at home. The parents have the money to do it. Probably because they had a work ethic and came from the same kind of homes they are trying to create.

Not PC, but think about it. The issue really is how public schools are failing kids. Not how privates are somehow cheating. You are missing the point by blaming parochial schools for being so successful. The culprit and blame is due to the failure of public schools. We just happen to be in the era of the tipping point.

This is the unvarnished hard to swallow truth.

People inherently by and large want to do what gives their kids the best chance to better themselves. Public schools are not that anymore. They are more about politics and agendas today. Is it really any wonder why the trend is what it is?

People are attacking the wrong entities here. Please wake up.

Ayn Rand. Atlas Shrugged. Google it. Put some work in and make up your own minds. Deep stuff for a football board. Good base for this debate though. It is deep stuff behind why the criticism is wrong. Not superficial issues at play here. It does take some peeling of the onion. Which takes effort.

This post was edited on 3/15 12:15 PM by NoJustice

Plenty of research out there suggesting private schools are not any better at educating students than public schools. I wouldn't lump all public schools together as there many great public schools in Iowa that have success in both academics and athletics. Just like not lumping all public schools together I wouldn't lump all private schools together. There are plenty of private schools in Iowa that struggle with academics and/or athletics. Some schools public or private are better than others at academics and/or athletics. But it's not just on the schools, it has something to do with parents an community support, too. Those good things aren't found only at private schools.

If Iowa passed laws that allowed the student funding to follow the student to a private school...whoosh, people would vote with their feet.

In terms of athletics, especially team sports, the level of commitment across a squad is important, just as is the degree to which participation is encouraged.

I figure that higher level education (colleges and universities) will reform, dramatically, within the next decade. In the midst of that reform, some reforms will come to K-12 education. Although values education is sorely needed, I don't think that will come as easily as economically oriented change.

Originally posted by MepoDawg#:
Plenty of research out there suggesting private schools are not any better at educating students than public schools. I wouldn't lump all public schools together as there many great public schools in Iowa that have success in both academics and athletics. Just like not lumping all public schools together I wouldn't lump all private schools together. There are plenty of private schools in Iowa that struggle with academics and/or athletics. Some schools public or private are better than others at academics and/or athletics. But it's not just on the schools, it has something to do with parents an community support, too. Those good things aren't found only at private schools.
Agreed. Not every school. This a a macro event.

Do you think it is a coincidence that at the same time Iowa and public schools in general are falling in their rankings of educating kids the parochial debate is more fervent than ever?

All these private schools have been around forever. Why now? I think the dots can be connected quite nicely as to why. Not just the why, but the why now as well. It is an era of the tipping point.

Iowa City Community School District graduates continued to be among the best test-takers in the area, with a district average of 25.5, up one-tenth of a point from 25.4 in 2012. Iowa City West High School's 2013 graduates earned a mean composite score of 26.1 while their Iowa City High School counterparts achieved a 24.6.

"I'm really pleased that we're staying in that midrange 25.5," said Curriculum Director Pam Ehly. "It's a really good indication that our students are doing well."

The Cedar Rapids Community School District's overall average composite score rose by four-tenths of a point, to 24.2 from 23.8, between 2013 and 2012. Performance remained stable for students at Cedar Rapids Jefferson High School, where students averaged a 23.2 composite score for the second year in a row. At Kennedy High School, scores jumped to 24.5 from 24.1 in 2012. Washington High School students doubled Kennedy's one-year gain, with a mean composite score of 24.8 in 2013, up from last year's 24.0.

Xavier High School students averaged a 24.3 composite, a 0.5 point increase over 2012. Test takers at Regina Junior-Senior High School earned an average overall score of 24.5.

Looks like the data says area public High Schools are just as good if not better than their private counter parts.

Both sides have pros and cons. If privates were so superior in their education one would think that all Dr\Lawyer\etc types in the corridor would be shipping their kids to the private schools. It's probably more of a faith based ideology, yet I see more 75% of our public school kids going to faith based serivces on Wed\Sat\Sun along with faith summer camps\mission trips.

Public schools (for the most part) have to abide by the government standards and accept any and all that reside within their district.

NJ, you are spot on! There are some solid public schools when it comes to the X's & O's i.e Reading, Math & science. But from the social side; some of these school districts are more concerned about diversity and making sure no one is affended instead of teaching the constitution and history that does not have a liberal spin! They are also not allowed to talk about God or say the Pledge Of Allegiance. I could go on and on!!

Originally posted by Duke1983:

NJ, you are spot on! There are some solid public schools when it comes to the X's & O's i.e Reading, Math & science. But from the social side; some of these school districts are more concerned about diversity and making sure no one is affended instead of teaching the constitution and history that does not have a liberal spin! They are also not allowed to talk about God or say the Pledge Of Allegiance. I could go on and on!!
You picked up on the second layer that Vroom did not address. It is more than test scores. Referring back to my original comments it was about educating kids and moral values. American values.

Abolished in public schools. No pledge to the flag. Anything referencing God or prayer. What is more American than the flag or One Nation Under God. Where in the world is there a better standard of living for all citizens? Does it require an erasure of what built it?

The social aspect is possibly the most important issue. It is a package deal situation. Not just one aspect like test scores.

Tipping point. It is happening. It can be denied. Excellence under attack. Again. See a pattern? Excellence is only allowed under the doctrine of the government. It is a threat that excellence can be attained in other ways. Especially if God or Christianity is part of the mix. Lets penalize private schools for being excellent. That is the right thing to do.

This post was edited on 3/17 1:01 PM by NoJustice

If you are going to compare ACT scores, then you also need to consider percentage of student population taking the test. I have no idea, but could there be a possibility that a greater percentage of private school population are more geared to the college track than the public school? I agree with NJ that it is a greater argument that only academics, but if you are using test scores as a benchmark it needs to be sure to compare apples to apples. And this is coming from someone who attended public school and my children are attending the same public school.

Originally posted by NoJustice:

You picked up on the second layer that Vroom did not address. It is more than test scores. Referring back to my original comments it was about educating kids and moral values. American values.

Abolished in public schools. No pledge to the flag. Anything referencing God or prayer. What is more American than the flag or One Nation Under God. Where in the world is there a better standard of living for all citizens? Does it require an erasure of what built it?

The social aspect is possibly the most important issue. It is a package deal situation. Not just one aspect like test scores.

Tipping point. It is happening. It can be denied. Excellence under attack. Again. See a pattern? Excellence is only allowed under the doctrine of the government. It is a threat that excellence can be attained in other ways. Especially if God or Christianity is part of the mix. Lets penalize private schools for being excellent. That is the right thing to do.

NJ you mention in your original post "the parents that have the economic where with all to do it " (it being pay tution). I agree that some that have the finances to do so are doing it - I know quite a few folks that are very affluent that send their kids to public school (here in Iowa, Illinois, Colorado) instead of private as they have done their due dilligence and do not see the benefit that private school supposedly affords. It sounds like (or maybe I am just reading into it too much) that you are saying that private school parents don't have the where with all to teach their kids values and morals so they send them to private school to get that (I doubt that as I know parents from private schools and they have much the same ideals that I have). I teach my kids values, morals, character through the many interactions I have with them and their friends (coaching, volunteering, day-to-day talks,etc). We pray\go to church, I stress the importance of country (I served, my father served, my grandfather served and now my oldest is in the military while still in HS), they wear "St.Mary's" shirts to school that reference Christianity\Catholicism\God\Jesus with no repercussions from the school, other kids or parents.

What moral values\excellence are the private kids getting that my kids do not? I think I have covered your topics - Moral, American, Religious, grades, ???

No offense but you sound like a Rush Limbaugh spin-off (and I'm a Rep).

I'd actually rather send my kids to public school for the social aspect (which they do attend public). They get a much more diverse look at the social scene compared to private school. They get to be in class with kids of different religions, race, economic class etc.... I would love to still have God in the public school system, but I also understand why it is not. Religion is taught at home and in church for us and is a big part of our lives as it is with many here. I like having religion more controlled by the family rather than the school. Not saying they do it wrong, but one may not agree with all of it. What are the enrollment #'s of private schools over the last 20 years?

The enrollment numbers at BND over the last 4 years are up. My daughter went there her senior year and she excelled academically after struggling at the local high school where the instructors were less engaged in the kids academics. I went to all of the parent/teacher conferences at the public school and only a few parents ever attended. At BND, nearly all of the parents came to check in on their kids. There was more racial diversity, more exchange students, many kids of various religious faiths, kids from poor and upper income levels, etc, just like at Mepo. There was nothing lost in the transition from a socialization perspective. Religion isn't force fed at BND, but it is a component of the values/morality/ethics based learning environment. One may not agree with all of it, but I would challenge you that one would not agree with all of the public school stances either.

Originally posted by NoJustice:

Point of order!

The Pledge of Allegiance did not always include the phrase "Under God". That came in the early 50's when the Knights of Columbus made a push to force it in.

It is not true that religion can't be talked about in schools. That's a load of crap. It can't be taught. As a teacher, I can tell any kid, at any time, WHAT a religion believes in. I can't tell the student that that is what they should believe in. The conservative sect loves to over simplify things.
By the way, I teach my social studies class with NO spin.

At least in Cedar Rapids, the public school kids still say the Pledge of Allegiance. I dare say it's probably still said in most of the public schools in Iowa.

You can rant about "liberal spin" and Ayn Rand all you want, but at least get your facts straight.

Also, to your point about teaching "moral values" - shouldn't that be the parents' responsibility?

This post was edited on 3/17 10:39 PM by KidSilverhair

Moral values should be taught by the parents and reinforced by the schools, particularly the teachers and coaches.

This is a ridiculous thread. I have nothing against a parent sending their kid to a private school. I honestly don't mind having private schools succeed in athletics, rising tides raise all ships. But, your indictment of public education is flat out silly. Private schools don't teach every child, public schools do. Xavier for example, offers no special education classes, and refuses to serve those students. There is nothing wrong with that either, they understand that accepting their tuition money when they would be better served by public education would be wrong. Likewise, over 40 Xavier students a day are in the halls of Kennedy taking advanced placement classes that Xavier doesn't offer. Does Xavier offer a morally superior atmosphere, no. Is Xavier an option for low SES kids, no. Is there anything wrong with sending your kids there, absolutely not. But, just accept what the private schools are, an available option for wealthy parents to send their kids to a school with kids from ideal backgrounds.

And Loco, I agree on the public funding following students. Understand that in accepting public funds Xavier would have to develop programs to teach special needs students, learn how to teach kids from poverty, and would not be able to turn anyone away. Xavier would be very behind the public education in CR at that point because they have never had to deal with these situations, while CR has excelled in these conditions.

Just wondering since you are bringing up the special education issue. Do all public schools offer this curricula, no. I think the term "refuses to serve these students is biased" as a majority of public schools would fall in this category. Do kids from one public school take Advanced placements classes at other public schools, yes. Some of the private schools offer AP classes so this isn't really a differentiator either. Low SES kids are certainly an option for many of the private schools and studies show that parental involvement and smaller class sizes will help create high achievers from this group of kids. Atmosphere is clearly superior where objectionable clothing, swearing throughout the halls, larger isolated groups of youths use intimidation against smaller groups or demographic outliers, disinterest by the faculty and disrespect to the teachers, administrators and ancillary personnel is occurring. The wealthy are not all or even a majority of the students parents in the private school communities. Most of the students in the private schools are from middle class families, so the whole children from ideal backgrounds issue is a straw man as well.

I don't see as an indictment of public education, but instead a commentary that private schools have some advantages over public schools and visa versa. Your choice for your child may lead to a better or worse environment and typically you won't know the outcome until it is to late.

I went to a private school and now my kids go to a private school.
I send them there because I know they will get a quality education, an opportunity to play whatever sports they want, and they'll be surrounded by other great kids and parents.
I want the most formative years of their lives to be spent in as positive of an environment as possible, and I'm willing the make the financial sacrifice to do that.
Iowa City is lucky in that West and City are both great schools as well. But, for me, there is something to be said for smaller classes and more individual attention.

And, as for test scores, not all public school kids are taking the ACT. Most every kid at a private school is taking the ACT and going on to college.

Regina High school graduation rate of 100% in 2012 with 68 out of 69 graduates attending two or four-year universities/colleges and one serving in the military. Regina High School continues its strength as a top Advanced Placement school in the state of Iowa as determined by the University of Iowa Belin Blank Center AP index. In 2012, Regina placed second. Regina has ranked in the top spots (twice at #1) for all eight years that Belin Blank has conducted the rankings.

This post was edited on 3/18 12:12 PM by Pinehawk

MepoDawg,
I'm not sure if you have walked the halls of a private school recently? What you would find is a very similar percentage of diversified cultures in them as there are in a public school!
But I'm guessing you are probably thinking that our rich private school kids get their diversity from the people who mow our yards, clean our houses and the people that serve us drinks on our expensive vacations!! Am I close?

Duke, really? Are you really saying that? It's my opinion that public schools offer more diversity not that private schools don't offer any. No I haven't walked the halls of a private school lately and I don't plan to. We're happy where we are, a school with great academics, great athletics, excellent community support, I could go on but it's found in many public and private schools.

I was just expressing my opinion. If you don't like it that's fine and fine to give me yours but wrong to suggest what you are suggesting.

I talked to my kids tonight and they also say the Pledge of Allegiance in school as well.

Not sure where Duke is going with this Mepo, but I can assure you that BND has all of the diversity you find at Mepo. I've been in both places and although I would agree the athletic programs are better, very little else is different.

It would be interesting to see what those diversity numbers are. For the great majority of schools in Iowa. I would guess that the private school that my kids attend is more diverse than 90+% of the schools in Iowa. There isn't as much economic diversity but in the large majority of rural schools there probably isn't a great deal either. It is simply a choice people make.

Sorry, when I say diversity, I'm not referring to just ethnic diversity, but all diversity (Economics, religion, ethnicity, cultural, morals, values, ambition, athletics etc).

Mepo I think you would be very surprised at the school my kids attend. Can you share the diversity that is in Mepo? I lived in a smaller community and the public school lacked in diversity in the areas you mentioned.

We can all come up with anecdotal references to illustrate either side and perspective. In general terms I think the trend is not positive in most all ways of measuring if schools are better or worse than past decades.

Originally posted by Pinehawk:
I went to a private school and now my kids go to a private school.
I send them there because I know they will get a quality education, an opportunity to play whatever sports they want, and they'll be surrounded by other great kids and parents.
I want the most formative years of their lives to be spent in as positive of an environment as possible, and I'm willing the make the financial sacrifice to do that.
Iowa City is lucky in that West and City are both great schools as well. But, for me, there is something to be said for smaller classes and more individual attention.

And, as for test scores, not all public school kids are taking the ACT. Most every kid at a private school is taking the ACT and going on to college.

Regina High school graduation rate of 100% in 2012 with 68 out of 69 graduates attending two or four-year universities/colleges and one serving in the military.
Regina High School continues its strength as a top Advanced Placement school in the state of Iowa as determined by the University of Iowa Belin Blank Center AP index. In 2012, Regina placed second. Regina has ranked in the top spots (twice at #1) for all eight years that Belin Blank has conducted the rankings.

This post was edited on 3/18 12:12 PM by Pinehawk
Most every kid (with the exception of some SES and mayby a half dozen others) in my son's public school took the ACT and is going onto college (several with academic, athletic, music, theater, etc scholarships).

Glad your kids are attending and that you are willing to sacrifice to have them go to Regina, it seems to be a very solid small private school in a large metro setting (having ICW and ICH next to it excelling as well - with that many schools doing so well in one area it shows the students, teachers AND parents in the corridor are doing their diligence).

Originally posted by StayLow6:
"In General" and "I think"? Pretty strong evidence to back up your ideas.
That is how most hypotheses start. Supported by the trends of home schooling and private schools kicking it and taking names is evidence enough? It is my opinion. You do not have to agree. Like situations wher they say follow the money, in this case follow excellence. It is the disproportional excellence of a very small number of schools that all happen to be private schools -- or did you miss that point? This discussion is not taking place otherwise -- I think.

The core is the attacking of private schools for their success. Misplaced attention and effort. Unfair as well. But that is the trend in a macro level of our society. Attack excellence. Wherever it is, dismantle it. Obviously something is wrong and unfair is going on wherever excellence is found. Rather than blame excellence, individuals and institutions should first look inside themselves as to why they are not. As opposed to attacking those that are. How else does a tide truly rise? Think about it.

This post was edited on 3/22 9:52 AM by NoJustice

Originally posted by Vroom_C14:
Originally posted by Pinehawk:
Regina High school graduation rate of 100% in 2012 with 68 out of 69 graduates attending two or four-year universities/colleges and one serving in the military. Regina High School continues its strength as a top Advanced Placement school in the state of Iowa as determined by the University of Iowa Belin Blank Center AP index. In 2012, Regina placed second. Regina has ranked in the top spots (twice at #1) for all eight years that Belin Blank has conducted the rankings.
Most every kid (with the exception of some SES and mayby a half dozen others) in my son's public school took the ACT and is going onto college (several with academic, athletic, music, theater, etc scholarships).

Glad your kids are attending and that you are willing to sacrifice to have them go to Regina, it seems to be a very solid small private school in a large metro setting (having ICW and ICH next to it excelling as well - with that many schools doing so well in one area it shows the students, teachers AND parents in the corridor are doing their diligence).
Agreed. It would be nice if that was more the rule in all areas. Not just Iowa, but the nation.

NoJustice,

Not sure why are you 'attacking' me with comments like "did you miss that point?" and "Think about it."

The idea that you call an opinion is no longer an opinion after you write a 13-paragraph article on a public forum in an attempt to educated and/or persuade. This thing you consider an opinion is now an argument. Arguments
use facts.

You said, 'If public schools were not becoming a joke in their ability to educate kids, there would not be such a flee to private schools where educating kids is actually a priority instead of a social engineering experiment.' At what statistic point is something a 'joke'? What are your statistics in regards to students 'fleeing' public schools? At what level is a group of people 'fleeing'? Two students? 450 students? You also said, 'The issue really is how public schools are failing kids.' Again, you argue. You put out an idea or opinion in which you hope to change an audience's mind (this became clear when you encouraged people to continue reading even if skeptical. 'Stay with me here.') However, you bring no evidence to the table.

I choose to question your argument, as it is my opinion that you have slapped together a bunch of half-truth blanket statements that are not founded in any true research.

Also, no one is impressed with your bachelor level use of terms like macro and anecdotal.

This post was edited on 3/22 6:07 PM by StayLow6

If my use of the english language does not impress you or anyone else, that is just fine by me.

It is pretty factual that private schools are having much success. More than those that are not private are comfortable with. That is why the talk of multipliers or force them to move up a class. None of that is here say. You did point out a flaw in what I said though. The wording I used was poor. I should have said the fleeing of exceptional students and kids.

You may label whatever I say in any way you wish. Since they are my thoughts, provide me the latitude to label it the way I am intending. That would be as my opinion. If you would like to dissect the point to prove it as false. Fine. Most of what you wrote is critical of things not having anything to do with the primary point. Interesting.

This post was edited on 3/22 5:11 PM by NoJustice

Here's a few facts in support of No Justice for the Burlington HS public school scenario. BHS is down about 80 students in the last 4 years. Burlington Notre Dame is up over 40 students. Some of those kids also went to Danville and Mepo which are both public, but significantly smaller, with more parental involvement, a higher % of the teachers focused on the kids, better community support, better extra curricular programs including sports etc... Additionally, a letter to the Hawkeye just this week was from a BHS teacher, who was complaining about the school districts plan to implement a dress code, not for the kids, but for the teachers. Yes it is that bad. Pajama pants, oversized t-shirts, late to school in the morning by 10-20 minutes, disheveled hair, denial of meetings with students before school to catch up on school work, etc are all part of the teacher issues. I'm not even going to start on the student issues.

BND was a much better option for our child and that's what other parents are seeing as well. Those are some facts for you. Accept them or not it's where many of our public schools are headed. There are also some fantastic public schools and some of those are large schools, it just isn't happening where I live.

No Justice I have been a casual contributor and regular reader of Iowa Preps for many years now. I can't say that I agree with everything you have posted, but I can and will say that I find your posts well written, articulate, and thought provoking. Here is part and parcel of a post from a thread about a year ago. We seem to be in the same ball park........... Kinda Scary:)

How can you compare private and public schools when they seem so disparate? It is like comparing apples and oranges ? two different things that can't be fairly held to the same standards?

Many people have a bias one way or another. Some assume that private schools offer superior everything, justifying their tuition costs. Others contend that public schools provide more real-life experiences or, in some cases, more-developed specialty programs in athletics or science.

In my humble opinion, the most obvious discrepancy between public and private schools comes down to cold, hard cash. The good news for parents is that public schools cannot charge tuition. The bad news is that public schools are complicated, often underfunded operations influenced by political winds and shortfalls. Financed through federal, state, and local taxes, public schools are part of a larger school system, which functions as a part of the government and must follow the rules and regulations set by politicians.

The potential benefits of private schools accrue from their independence. Private schools do not receive tax revenues, so they do not have to follow the same sorts of regulations and bureaucratic processes that govern (and sometimes hinder) public schools. This allows many private schools to be highly specialized, offering differentiated learning, advanced curriculum, or programs geared toward specific religious beliefs. There are exceptions to such generalizations ? charter and magnet schools are increasingly common public schools that often have a special educational focus or theme.

So where does that leave us?

As a parent .....Get involved in the school and it's activities no matter if it's public or private! Make your school better than it is today! Don't whine about the unfair advantage that one system has over another, and for God sakes don't expect the government or the IHSAA to make it right in your eyes, it is a well known fact that nothing good ever comes out of anything a politician has their hands and pocket books in!

SASF,

Hopefulluy you recover soon from the pain of agreeing with me.
wink.r191677.gif

The ability for private schools to keep free of social agenda laced educational philosophies, such as the current and latest being common core, is part of the momentum behind families making changes of where their kids are educated. Involved parents.

Kids who are products of those more involved families are behind the private school successes. One of those is athletic endeavors. There-in is your answer. So we need to handicap that success with multipliers or playing up a class?

My central point is for people to think more deeply about what is going on. Maybe more attention should be paid to why the success and what public schools could learn from and improve? As opposed to penalizing success? Is there not some relevance to such questions? Maybe schools should be about education and challenging kids to be excellent to that end instead of the increased slants toward social agendas?

The handicapping of private schools for success is mis-guided and wrong. They should be looked at as to why are they so successful and learn from that as opposed to vilifying their success. If I see success in something I am participating in, I look to what they are doing to be so successful. Learn from it. Then I change what I am doing. Maybe even copy what they are doing. It is so obvious to me that if you want to be successful you mimic what successful people do. I do not look at that success and decide that they need to be handicapped in some way so I have a better chance to compete against them. The former is how the tide gets raised. All boats are raised via a higher tide. The latter is how a society becomes fragmented -- and average.

This post was edited on 3/23 12:40 PM by NoJustice

The talk sounds like there is a mass exodus from public schools, I again defer to "if a private education is so superior" then why are not all the affluent families sending their kids to them? Why are the enrollment numbers at ICR, CRX declining in the recent past (say the past 4 years)?

One factual point is that without the SES in the count of privates superiority of course they are going to look better.

BEDS Count
CR Xavier 2010-11 578, 2011-12 593, 2012-13 536, 2013-14 530 (-49)
Dub Wah 2010-11 423, 2011-12 420, 2012-13 423, 2013-14 408 (-15)
ICR 2010-11 193 2011-12, 196 2012-13 190, 2013-14 178 (-9)
BND 2010-11 68, 2011-12 101, 2012-13 73, 2013-14 100 (+32)
Assumption 2010-11 344, 2011-12 331, 2012-13 359, 2013-14 363 (+19)

Between those schools there is a net loss of 22 . So I have a hard time believing that people are flocking to the privates...

To each their own, if you want what the private or public schools offer good for you - just be active in your childs education and it will make a world of difference regardless of where they attend.

To each their own, if you want what the private or public schools offer
good for you - just be active in your childs education and it will make a
world of difference regardless of where they attend.

We have a winner. 100% correct.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT