ADVERTISEMENT

Semifinals

Okay I’ll say out worked. Seems like PC is getting after it a bit more. Especially after that DNH td.

Not sure if there is. I do like PCs tempo on offense. There are being very opportunistic in this first half. Will be interesting to see if they can keep up with a half and change yet to go.

DNH certainly turned up the intensity in the second quarter. Couple of missed FG by PC helped fuel that and the ground game looks nice for the Wolverines. Will be interesting to see what adjustments are made by PC at half.

Yeah that call was pretty ticky tack. DNH block in back on their long punt return was ticky tack as well. But, that was a big call on that missed FG. Very deflating for a team battling as hard as they can and making good stops.

Gutty effort from the Eagles. Put up a lot of yards on offense and fell a little bit short. I would say they tested the DNH run defense the best of anyone all season long. Treimer is one heck of a player. Should be another great game in the second semifinal. Congrats to DNH on moving onto the championship. Also, congrats to the PC Eagles on one heck of a run through the playoffs.

Wow what a game between West Sioux and Van Meter! Van Meter hasn’t seen an offense to the likes of WS this season and it took them a bit to get adjusted. They did a great job coming out after half and making WS work. But, the Falcons made plays when they had to. What a battle though. VM will be one of the favorites coming back next year. Great combo in the backfield with their qb and rb. Hats off to them on a great season. Congrats to WS on advancing to the championship. Should be a fun game next Friday!

Wow what a game between West Sioux and Van Meter! Van Meter hasn’t seen an offense to the likes of WS this season and it took them a bit to get adjusted. They did a great job coming out after half and making WS work. But, the Falcons made plays when they had to. What a battle though. VM will be one of the favorites coming back next year. Great combo in the backfield with their qb and rb. Hats off to them on a great season. Congrats to WS on advancing to the championship. Should be a fun game next Friday!
Dike will have to keep up with the scoring. It will not be a defensive game. DNH will not get it done. WS will run up and down the field at will on DNH. Good thing DNH has a short drive home because theywill be tired from running all day.

Reactions: Digger12
Dike will have to keep up with the scoring. It will not be a defensive game. DNH will not get it done. WS will run up and down the field at will on DNH. Good thing DNH has a short drive home because theywill be tired from running all day.

I think DNH got tired today. Running for touchdowns

Reactions: Bluejay89
Take the loss, PC played until the end, but the better team won. No central Iowa teams left so......

Higher RPI teams were 3-1 on the final day of semifinals. 2A games were both walkovers, but 1A was tense and provided a lot of fireworks.

A
Take the loss, PC played until the end, but the better team won. No central Iowa teams left so......
After next week no eastern teams either. DNH did win and I will admit they are decent. Great no, good maybe, but they are decent. They will see a good team next week.
By the way Iabeastmode, I think you predicted that PC would maybe get 7 points because PC could not move the ball. However, I did see that stats for yardage. PC-558, DNH-458. WS will go for 600 or maybe 700 next week on the week defense that is DNH.

Reactions: Digger12
A

After next week no eastern teams either. DNH did win and I will admit they are decent. Great no, good maybe, but they are decent. They will see a good team next week.
By the way Iabeastmode, I think you predicted that PC would maybe get 7 points because PC could not move the ball. However, I did see that stats for yardage. PC-558, DNH-458. WS will go for 600 or maybe 700 next week on the week defense that is DNH.

Yardage victories are for those that lose the game.

Yardage victories are for those that lose the game.
Said by someone who is on the sideline (at home) for the dome games. Don't know what a winner is to see one. That is until you see West Sioux next week. The east goes down again.

Last edited:
Said by someone who is on the sideline for the dome games. Don't know what a winner is to see one. That is until you see West Sioux next week. The east goes down again.

What community are you affiliated with? Jus wondering. Hopefully it’s a great game next Friday.

Said by someone who is on the sideline (at home) for the dome games. Don't know what a winner is to see one. That is until you see West Sioux next week. The east goes down again.
Pony, if I remember correctly, CID had one, if not two, children play on championship teams. Maybe even multiple times each. I don’t believe he has sat on the sidelines too often. Perhaps this year.

And fairly certain I am not living vicariously through other teams attempting to prop myself up by doing so. The team I follow didn't make the playoffs, they did win the 'yardage game' against a dome team, scored the most points against a final team. You know what that gets you? A seat at home. Supporting the team I do and being fortunate to have kids go through that school..... gets me 8 state championship plaques, 8 state championship footballs in cases. So go west side, go east side doesn't matter much to me. But you keep hoping for the west side to represent your position, it's a good look.... for you.

Last edited:
I agree West Sioux goes down fairly easily to Van Meter in Semifinals. This is not class A football. Struggles against SSC proved who they actually are.
Dam that class a champion showing up in the 1a championship this year.....not much difference between the top teams in class a n 1a get a clue man. Hope west Sioux wins to prove me right

Dam that class a champion showing up in the 1a championship this year.....not much difference between the top teams in class a n 1a get a clue man. Hope west Sioux wins to prove me right
The problem with looking at scores and not actually seeing teams play is that you are just guessing. West Sioux is a good looking team with a dynamic offense. Fun team to watch, and their two main players are only juniors.

WS did get beat pretty well by BHRV. I think that is more of a reflection on BHRV than anything. I think 1A, 2A and 4A will be great games, not sure about the other classes.

I think 1A and 2A games will be blow outs! West Sioux is just too talented and won't be stopped offensively. THey will get up big and that will play right into their defensive scheme which is man to man coverage with some man to 2 in there but they like sending blitzes!

BHRV is so so deep! They will go as fast as they can and their style is very similar to West Sioux's. Many different looks offensively with motions to play the smoke and mirrors game.

West Sioux and BHRV by 14 plus

and BOTH of these teams are set up for a run next year as well so NW Iowa.

I think 1A and 2A games will be blow outs! West Sioux is just too talented and won't be stopped offensively. THey will get up big and that will play right into their defensive scheme which is man to man coverage with some man to 2 in there but they like sending blitzes!

BHRV is so so deep! They will go as fast as they can and their style is very similar to West Sioux's. Many different looks offensively with motions to play the smoke and mirrors game.

West Sioux and BHRV by 14 plus

and BOTH of these teams are set up for a run next year as well so NW Iowa.
I can agree with WS but PCM will give BHRV a run for the money. They are a fast team with some pretty good size but not huge other than 1 lineman.
BHRV looks set up for next year, but 3 of the 4 1A teams are losing a lot of their lines next year from the looks of it. DNH, WS and VM seemed to have Jr. specialty players but Sr. linemen. PC looks to be just the opposite. I still feel that it all starts with the line.

I think this will be a good game. I thought VM-WS was a toss up and it was. WS just a bit too much. DNH had a wider gap over PC. Kudoz to PC for keeping it closer than I expected. It did appear that DNH had that game completely under control. This final will be a good one. Points will be scored. WS offense has proven themselves all year. DNH has a good offense as well but is perhaps more slow and deliberate. Going into the playoffs, a lot was said about DNH defense. I think good teams have proven they can score on DNH. WS will do the same. DNH is probably good enough to slow down WS but don't keep WS from putting up 30 points. The question will be is DNH offense good enough to match it. I look for a shoot-out and a close game. Good luck to both teams and congrats to PC and VM for great seasons.

BC Moore currently has BHRV as 5.5 pt favorite to win and DNH just around 1.5 favorite to win. I think both games will be close and potential shootouts. Maybe last team to possess the ball could win?

Reactions: Bluejay89
I can agree with WS but PCM will give BHRV a run for the money. They are a fast team with some pretty good size but not huge other than 1 lineman.
BHRV looks set up for next year, but 3 of the 4 1A teams are losing a lot of their lines next year from the looks of it. DNH, WS and VM seemed to have Jr. specialty players but Sr. linemen. PC looks to be just the opposite. I still feel that it all starts with the line.

BHRV QB also went down in the semifinal game. If he is out they are a different team. He is very talented.

BHRV QB also went down in the semifinal game. If he is out they are a different team. He is very talented.
He went out in the 2nd and the 2nd string qb came in and they scored 4 more touchdowns. I have a feeling their starter will be playing this Friday.

Last edited:
Reactions: WSFalcons
WS rolls into a D that the haven’t seen this season with the physicality of the wolverines has! 38-21 DNH #piratesroll

He went out in the 2nd and the 2nd string qb came in and they scored 4 more touchdowns. I have a feeling their starter will be playing this Friday.

My nephew plays for the Nighthawks and I was at the game. Van’t Hul said the ankle just popped out and back in and he felt fine after sitting out the rest of the game. That said, Keaton Moser was impressive in the pocket and BHRV looks in good hands next year.

My nephew plays for the Nighthawks and I was at the game. Van’t Hul said the ankle just popped out and back in and he felt fine after sitting out the rest of the game. That said, Keaton Moser was impressive in the pocket and BHRV looks in good hands next year.

Keaton Moser is a very good athlete and will be one of the leaders on BHRV's team next fall. They do lose 27 seniors, so it will be interesting if they can complete at the same level.

Think about that...a 2A team losing 27 seniors! BHRV has got to be close to being a 3A team the next time reclassification takes place.

WS played BHRV...pretty sure they have seen a better D than DNH.

BHRV has a very very good defense. Haven't seen DNH in person, but I doubt they have the depth and speed of BHRV.

BHRV will be a 3A team after next year. Boyden Hull and Rock Valley have really been growing the last few years.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT