ADVERTISEMENT

Semifinals

I don't intend to stir the pot but agree with Beastmode. Unless DNH takes their foot off the throttle in the 2nd half to run clock, I think they win big. This is playoff football and nerves set in, momentum can turn so anything can happen. However, I don't look for this to be close.

How about West Sioux and Van Meter. What does VM need to do to slow down Dekkers, Lynott, and Koopmans? How can WS slow down Abrahamson and Potthoff?

How about West Sioux and Van Meter. What does VM need to do to slow down Dekkers, Lynott, and Koopmans? How can WS slow down Abrahamson and Potthoff?
Good questions on this one. It seems to me to be WS offense vs VM defense. I haven't seen either this year but when I have seen VM, they have been impressive. I think maybe some big plays somewhere to swing momentum wins this game. Maybe a turnover in a bad place. Unlike the PC-DNH game, I think this one is a doozy.

Since these games are on tv people can actually bet on these games, maybe beast and prancing can go online and show how confident they are with their teams. I enjoy how pc can trot out injuries as a reason. I am leaning towards DNH in this one based on film review.

I literally don’t have any idea about the semifinals , I just saw how sensitive josh and ponies were and rubbed it in. I’m in basically last place of my own pic-em, so I’m not good at picking games. They are both going to be good games, they are all 4 good teams. It’s a message board quit taking it so seriously!!!

I literally don’t have any idea about the semifinals , I just saw how sensitive josh and ponies were and rubbed it in. I’m in basically last place of my own pic-em, so I’m not good at picking games. They are both going to be good games, they are all 4 good teams. It’s a message board quit taking it so seriously!!!
Not sensitive. Pretty sure that all the eastern Iowa teams are overrated. Wilton, Bellevue, West Branch. Face a central Iowa team and that is the end of the road.

Reactions: JoshAllen25
I think that Van Meter will have to kill the clock to keep the passing of WS on the bench. They can do it with the RB and running of the QB. Not sure the strength of the WS defense. I think it will be a high scoring game. Should be real fun to watch. One of the best games in all classes. Only other one that might be better is 3A with Lewis Central and Xavier.

I think that Van Meter will have to kill the clock to keep the passing of WS on the bench. They can do it with the RB and running of the QB. Not sure the strength of the WS defense. I think it will be a high scoring game. Should be real fun to watch. One of the best games in all classes. Only other one that might be better is 3A with Lewis Central and Xavier.

I’m also interested in seeing the West Hancock v Hudson game. I like the clash of styles both teams bring. WH ground and pound with Hudson going I-formation as well as some spread. Always find it fun when those styles meet. Looking forward to that one as well as Xavier and LC

I gotchu.... not sensitive.... Just trying to make the point that no one is going to get blown out in the semis.... bet.

Not sensitive. Pretty sure that all the eastern Iowa teams are overrated. Wilton, Bellevue, West Branch. Face a central Iowa team and that is the end of the road.
1A Champions since 2000
Western Iowa 9x
Eastern Iowa 8x
Central Iowa 1x

Only 3 teams from Central Iowa have even played in the finals since 2000.
Van Meter 2017
Montezuma 2006
Ogden 2001

Reactions: Pinehawk
1A Champions since 2000
Western Iowa 9x
Eastern Iowa 8x
Central Iowa 1x

Only 3 teams from Central Iowa have even played in the finals since 2000.
Van Meter 2017
Montezuma 2006
Ogden 2001
Wouldn't you consider Eldora more Central than Eastern? IC Regina with 5, Aplington 1, and St. Ansgar 1. Eastern side has been dominated by one team. Western side has had a wider array of teams winning it. I think the Western side as a whole is tougher than either the Central or Eastern.

Wouldn't you consider Eldora more Central than Eastern? IC Regina with 5, Aplington 1, and St. Ansgar 1. Eastern side has been dominated by one team. Western side has had a wider array of teams winning it. I think the Western side as a whole is tougher than either the Central or Eastern.
Eldora is actually west of Pella so They would be Central. Regina should have their own category. So take them out of it this year and the eastern side does not look so strong.

Now you guys just trying to make rules fit your questionable thoughts. Why would Regina not count? St.Alberts was basically as dominant, do we not count them either?

Yes, because the 3 point, and 2 point wins PC had over Wilton and Bellevue proved that point for you. Both games were in doubt in the 4th quarter, and Bellevue was one 3rd down stop away from having a chance to win. PC won, but at no point were they clearly better than Bellevue, nor was Bellevue clearly better than PC...that is what is supposed to happen in playoff football.

Now you guys just trying to make rules fit your questionable thoughts. Why would Regina not count? St.Alberts was basically as dominant, do we not count them either?
I never said to not count them in my post. As a whole, the Western side has been better than the East. Not sure how my post is a questionable thought.

I never said to not count them in my post. As a whole, the Western side has been better than the East. Not sure how my post is a questionable thought.
It’s not, West has been dominant, until Regina took over. Then it was pretty much evened out.

Reactions: stickman80
NW Iowa has been fairly dominant over the last several years with success from the likes of Western Christian, West Lyon, West Sioux (very recent), and BHRV. Known for its great play of basketball, that corner of the state has become very formidable in football. West Lyon and BHRV have been successful for a while now, but the other two teams have recently had great success.

NW Iowa has been fairly dominant over the last several years with success from the likes of Western Christian, West Lyon, West Sioux (very recent), and BHRV. Known for its great play of basketball, that corner of the state has become very formidable in football. West Lyon and BHRV have been successful for a while now, but the other two teams have recently had great success.

NW Iowa has been very good athletically for a long time now. Especially in football and basketball. The Siouxland conference is usually a meat-grinder when it comes to hoops.

Reactions: Charles86
It’s not, West has been dominant, until Regina took over. Then it was pretty much evened out.

...and it took a private from a major metro area to do the evening.

Regina should be in the playoffs with their peers......that would be Xavier and Dowling. They have the population base....if they claim they don't have enough students to compete they can simply increase their enrollment.

Reactions: GoEagles23

Regina should be in the playoffs with their peers......that would be Xavier and Dowling. They have the population base....if they claim they don't have enough students to compete they can simply increase their enrollment.

I try hard not to take part in thread hijacking but when people post garbage like this it makes it difficult. 'Increase their enrollment ' sounds easy, tell us how you would do that.

I try hard not to take part in thread hijacking but when people post garbage like this it makes it difficult. 'Increase their enrollment ' sounds easy, tell us how you would do that.
St.Alberts was the original private school “hijacker”, lets not forget.

By the way, open enrollment means everyone does it. Your argument may have worked 20 years ago but I know plenty of public schools that have recruited to get where they are.

Last edited:
Reactions: rc1963
By the way, open enrollment means everyone does it. Your argument may have worked 20 years ago but I know plenty of public schools that have recruited to get where they are.
People need to realize that parents open enroll their kids to schools on their own as well. Not every open enrolled kid is “recruited” by the receiving school. Some parents realize their kid will do better academically and/or athletically at another school and try to provide their children with the best opportunity to succeed. Is there something wrong with that? Sure, not every parent is able to provide that, but don’t fault the ones that can.

Reactions: franky1967

You need to 'stick' to picking games, well other than the LC game.

People need to realize that parents open enroll their kids to schools on their own as well. Not every open enrolled kid is “recruited” by the receiving school. Some parents realize their kid will do better academically and/or athletically at another school and try to provide their children with the best opportunity to succeed. Is there something wrong with that? Sure, not every parent is able to provide that, but don’t fault the ones that can.
I agree, there are more open enrollment for kids academically than athletically. However the majority of the state forgets that is why most parents send their kids to private or parochial schools too.

Interesting that the lower RPI team is 4-0 so far at the dome with Hudson getting all they can handle in the 5th game. Will it continue? If it does PC and WS will be in the finals.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT