ADVERTISEMENT

Osage:

GD/BS:

This forum was a great place back in the day. I assure one and all that I may look half dead but I am not, in fact, dead!
3dgrin.r191677.gif

Local folks may have noticed that my battered trademark light blue/dark blue/rust colored'74 Ford pickup with its genuine really old school WINNEBAGO topper has gone to its reward in a salvage yard in South Dakota, but I made it out alive (kinda).

With that assurance, the Fearsome Eagle Beasts will be back! Our State Champ coach will have some serious reinforcements arriving from the JH soon. They are TRUE Beasts, I tell you! Worthy successors to the Fearsome Ones of the Old Days.

With any luck at all, #3 grandson will probably start his kiddie rasslin' career before too long out in Virginia. Making a trip or two per season to attend some of his meets would be a veritable Fountain Of Youth for me and would probably lead to increased posting by me.

Regarding the Living Legend Clear lake head coach, i don't know the guy, but do know he had DEFINITE entertainment value at meets/tournaments over the years.

Message for oldmcwrestler: Are you back in the Midwest these days? Any nephews wrestling soon for MC or Newman?

With that said it's that time of year again: SECTIONALS! I feel like a pup in my 50s again. God Bless the Fearsome eagle Beasts in 1A, IC West in 3A, and GOD BLESS THE DEVILS (
3dgrin.r191677.gif
) in 2A tomorrow!

Yes that is a great video. Frank Gotch would be proud.

Osage Wrestling was/is/always will be one of Iowa's great programs. Mitchell County supports its wrestling programs.

My son had the highest regard for Osage Wrestling from the time I showed him Osage's"Shrine To Wrestling", the wrestling-specific trophy case at Osage HS.

No state duals, again?

How many times have they made it in the last decade?

Once?

Maybe twice?

Wow !!!

Doc - Yes I am back in this glorious wrestling state doing what I love to do COACH. At this point in time there are no nephews grappling. I would like to get one going at a late stage but time will tell. Thanks for the comments and interest.

Originally posted by Tear Lake:

No state duals, again?

How many times have they made it in the last decade?

Once?

Maybe twice?

Wow !!!
Lol. Shoot. I guess we'll just have to keep living in the glory of the 06 title.
smokin.r191677.gif

CLUNK (thank goodness for the coach's kids)!

And where did all those big farm kids go? Nothing in the upper weights?

2014 IHSAA State Championships Results for Osage:

2A-126 - Brady Jennings (41-3) place is unknown and scored 3.00 team points.
Champ. Round 1 - Brady Jennings (Osage) 41-3 won by major decision over Duece Phaly (Sergeant Bluff-Luton) 39-18 (MD 9-0)

2A-132 - Brock Jennings (35-10) place is unknown and scored 2.00 team points.
Champ. Round 1 - Brock Jennings (Osage) 35-10 won by decision over Jordan Challen (Greene County) 36-7 (Dec 12-7)

2A-138 - Christian Fox (42-5) place is unknown and scored 0.00 team points.
Champ. Round 1 - Andres Gonzalez (Clear Lake) 36-0 won by major decision over Christian Fox (Osage) 42-5 (MD 14-3)

2A-152 - Douglas Perrin (26-8) place is unknown and scored 0.00 team points.
Champ. Round 1 - Zach Johnston (Adm, Adel) 36-7 won by decision over Douglas Perrin (Osage) 26-8 (Dec 5-2)

2A-160 - Ryan Woods (36-13) place is unknown and scored 0.00 team points.
Champ. Round 1 - Jacob Holschlag (Union, LaPorte City) 45-1 won by fall over Ryan Woods (Osage) 36-13 (Fall 2:57)

2A-170 - Dillon Johnson (33-11) place is unknown and scored 0.00 team points.
Champ. Round 1 - Adam Drain (Mediapolis) 33-3 won by decision over Dillon Johnson (Osage) 33-11 (Dec 3-2)

Tough draw for a couple of the kids today. Two things I've gotten from it.

1. Gonzales is definitely a stud and beats Thomson in the finals.

2. Drain will lose 2nd round imo.

Nice to hear from you Saydel. Missed your sh1t trolling!
3dgrin.r191677.gif

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT