ADVERTISEMENT

Dual #2 in 3A vs #1 in 2a

Isn't it safe to assume most 3A champs would win if in 2A or 1A and most 2A or 1A wouldn't win in 3A? I'm sure the numbers would support that.

Not sure I would agree with that Finn.
There are pretty good wrestlers in the lower clases.
It would be interesting to see results showing that.
I looked at two:
Brandon Sorenson from Denver is 2A, but he beat #1 ranked Kyle Larson. Did he get him at the right time? Who is to say?

Mark Weber from Don Bosco, #4 in 1A beat #2 in 4A Trey Lewis from Valley.

not saying these guys are state champs, but just because you are in 4A doesnt make you better

Lets break down the Top 2 at each class... Only clear Favorites.
106-Kothe 3A state runner up vs Dietz 1 A 6th place?? Kothe looks to be the most decorated or proven so far. KOTHE 3A
113-Bremer 1A State Champ, Miner 2A State Champ and Laux 3A state champ.
I would pick MINER 2A
120-Clear Fav.... DYLAN PETERS 2A.. Enough said
126-Kinda obvious Clark 3A.. Then Hathaway 3A Then Devos 3A then Shluista 2A
132- This is tough one, i was going to put Carton as a clear Fav... But his loss to #5 ranked 3A kid hurts bad. So i will go Larson3A Sorenson 2A Bauer 3A and Carton 2A
138-Clear Fav... John Meeks 3A. Hasnt been touched in hs and wont anytime soon.
145- I cant even pick
152 Georgean 2A
160 i want to pick KOTHE 3A--- If he stops slamming people for once.
170-Meyer3A and hawkeye commit.
182-Bartles 3A
195- Dont think anyone can touch Reth2A
220-Miklus 3A
285-Kohen 1A
Sorry i put this together fast!!!!

Think you missed Larson 3a at 195. State last year in 2a at 189 and has not been close to being pushed this year. Hasn't even wrestled into the second period yet i think.

If Carton can beat Sorensen at state and win it all then I am sure that will be greatest redemption. All things happen for a reason, maybe it was needed?

I think Dan Gable said once..."Nobody remembers 2nd - 10th place"

Good luck to the Lancers in Urbandale and the other MAC wrestlers wherever they may be today..!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT