ADVERTISEMENT

Coaching Openings 2017-18

Anamosa has been filled with the defensive coordinator from Dubuque Wahlert, I guess he is a former head coach at North Cedar.

Are there any varsity coaches left at Saydel? That's rough for those seniors to have to go through that, especially after coming off one of their better years

Earlier this week, Fairfield named Matt Jones as new head varsity football coach. This via the Fairfield Daily Ledger.

So was he one of the assistants on staff that stayed BentonCounty?

Negative. Justin was long time head middle school coach, left for a position in Colorado and has decided to move back. He also accepted a teaching position at Saydel. No word on if remaining two will stick around or not.

Central Lee posted open just today and, I'm not sure if this was posted before, but West Burlington was re-opened some time last week.

In double checking, you are correct: the only posted opening is for an assistant; however, I do know their original choice for HC has backed out. Whether they need to officially re-post this at some point or whether they can simply move on to other choices since it was posted at some point, I'm not sure.

Retirement, according to a couple different tweets that reported it. And, yes, pretty good success. I believe the last two seasons were the first two playoff seasons in school history and the year before that resulted in a 6-3 record.

Lone Tree has promoted Defensive Coordinator Aaron Bohr to the Head Coach position. Former Had Coach Chad Shield's outside employment made it impossible for him to stay in the position, but he has a great relationship with the new coach and will be able offer limited assistance on the periphery.

Easton Valley and Eagle Grove just posted head football today. What happened to their coaches?

If this was posted earlier, sorry I missed it, but who did New London ever hire?

And, Central Lee has been filled: Nick Ehret, formerly of Cardinal of Eldon

From what I heard though was when the long time coach resigned / told he would not be retained there was a assistant on his staff that was well respected and quite capable and most importantly wanted the job and the administration basically went with the shiny object with Feller even though he had the reputation for basically what he got fired for before the start of the season.
What was the reputation? He's coaching down in Texas now.

Just do a little google search and you should find out anything you need to know... A program never changes a coach two weeks before the season unless there is a serious problem and that's what happened at one of his stops...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT