ADVERTISEMENT

Brian Kelly to LSU.

You are wrong. It’s that simple. LSU is not as consistent as AL. But they are the next most consistent team in the country in winning NC In this century. Check the record. We may be down but we come back better than anybody but AL. We will do it again. This guy may do it.
Dabo and his tiggers say 'What a minute"...

Dabo and his tiggers say 'What a minute"...
AL won the most NC since 2000. LSU is second with 3.Clemson has won one and who did they beat? Like I said, you know very little about football and keep trying to prove it.

AL won the most NC since 2000. LSU is second with 3.Clemson has won one and who did they beat? Like I said, you know very little about football and keep trying to prove it.
I’m sure I am not the only one who is happy to see @Bill_D is in good health. We were a bit concerned with his recent extended absence. Happy it was just a busy bridge season.

Last edited:
I’m sure I am not the only one who is happy to see @Bill_D is in good health. We were a bit concerned with his recent extended absence. Happy it was just a busy bridge season.
It wasn’t all bridge. I actually took a few trips for several things. One was to go to an engagement party for a grandson, one to a delayed wedding reception and one to Baton Rouge for Thanksgiving.

The delayed wedding reception was interesting. My granddaughter was married during the pandemic and did not have any friends at the wedding, only immediate family plus grandparents. It was 3 days of fun including a dinner dance in the Hall of Dinosaurs at the Houston Museum of Natural Science. There were about 200 people there from everywhere, Texas, Baton Rouge, Shreveport, Washington DC, Detroit, Chicago, New York, Los Angeles. San Francisco, and a lot of other places. If you have never seen something like that Hall of Dinosaurs you should try and do so. Those were seriously big suckers. Tables were scattered around them. I enjoyed seeing people I had not seen in years.

As for bridge I thought I would be in Austin this week at the North American Championships Several people ask me to play on their teams. As luck would have it my blood pressure was severely fluctuating because of reaction to a medicine I was taking. This happens every 10or so years. So i had to pass.

I did get to see the A&M game Saturday night. I don‘t think I will go to anymore night games. My night vision is not what it used to be. But you can see the replays on the big screen. But if I am going to watch it on a screen I would rather watch it at home on television. It is difficult for me to get to the game and to my seats in the stadium.

I
Clemson has two titles since 2015 and one runner up.
But I bow down to your expert football knowledge.
I thought the only title they won was the one they won against AL which IMO they shouldn’t have won. LSU was also in a runner up in 2011 to AL. Who did they beat in the other one? Did they wining 2018? LSU is still ahead of them. FL has won 2.

But to answer your earlier question. I think Kelly may do well at LSU. LSU recruited itself and he is a decent recruiter. From what I hear he is a tireless worker and I do not doubt he is a better coach than Mike’s and Orgeron as for as running a program hiring assistants. In fact he is the winningest coach currently active in the country. So I would think that probably indicates overall he is an an excellent coach.

And as I said LSU recruits itself and as I pointed out we lost nearly our entire D and rebuilt it with backups and it was probably as good any D but GA the last 4 games. So we have had good classes the last 2 years and we will have another one this year. I think Kelly will make us better than you would like us to be and I doubt we will only be beating directional schools.

One other thing. IMO and also other people Woodward is about the smartest AD around. I don’t think he would have hired Kelly unless he truly wanted him. Since he has been at LSU in the last 6 months he has hired Mulkey as women’s basketball coach and Johnson as baseball coach. These are considered home runs by everybody. He thinks Kelly is the same. I’m going to wait and see.

I

I thought the only title they won was the one they won against AL which IMO they shouldn’t have won. LSU was also in a runner up in 2011 to AL. Who did they beat in the other one? Did they wining 2018? LSU is still ahead of them. FL has won 2.

But to answer your earlier question. I think Kelly may do well at LSU. LSU recruited itself and he is a decent recruiter. From what I hear he is a tireless worker and I do not doubt he is a better coach than Mike’s and Orgeron as for as running a program hiring assistants. In fact he is the winningest coach currently active in the country. So I would think that probably indicates overall he is an an excellent coach.

And as I said LSU recruits itself and as I pointed out we lost nearly our entire D and rebuilt it with backups and it was probably as good any D but GA the last 4 games. So we have had good classes the last 2 years and we will have another one this year. I think Kelly will make us better than you would like us to be and I doubt we will only be beating directional schools.

One other thing. IMO and also other people Woodward is about the smartest AD around. I don’t think he would have hired Kelly unless he truly wanted him. Since he has been at LSU in the last 6 months he has hired Mulkey as women’s basketball coach and Johnson as baseball coach. These are considered home runs by everybody. He thinks Kelly is the same. I’m going to wait and see.
Nope - they have two. I was wondering why you chose 2000 as the benchmark for natty's? Let's go from 2010 and LSU has the one title vs. Clemson's two. Selective timelines are subject to the person setting them.

I saw the bit about the winningest coach (counting his D3 experience + D1) so take it with a grain of salt. It is not all D1 coaching. By the way, does the AD get a cut from his contract? Your AD basically bent over and hold Kelly & his agent "No lube" with that contract. That is what shitty coaching hires do to schools like , Tx A&M, LSU and USC - makes you desperate.

LSU does recruit itself - no one doubts that - just once you factor out the women harassers and rapists, the recruiting pool may be a lot smaller.

Good luck LSU - just remember to hide the hydraulic lifts and the GA's in hurricane season. I hear it's a real killer under the leprechaun.

I

Beull:

You left out the fact that Kelly is a registered a$$hole..

Reactions: dustinator
Beull:

brick-killed-a-guy-anchorman.gif

Reactions: dhetiger
Now I know why.....Declan Sullivan... Hope BK doesn't put another student videographer up in a lift during a hurricane....
I will say this once. There were several independent investigations of the incident including one Federal Government investigations. You can find several reports or more on the subject.

First, no one “put him” in the lift. He griped to the supervisor of videos about the outdoor practice and wind. but he got in it anyway.

Second, Kelly ask his staff about practicing outside and they said it would be okay before he called the outside practice. Evidently the information about the wind problem and the video lift did not get high enough.

Third, there was no wind information available at the field. The wind that knocked the tower over was a sudden gust at 53MPH. That was possibly the biggest problem, that there was not any information available at the field. That was a conclusion of the federal investigation. They were/are looking at passing rules that all schools including HS who use these lifts have wind information at the site.

This is not a problem at LSU. Only the warm up drills are are done outside. They are not filmed.

If you think that BrIan Kelly or any other coach in the country deliberately sent a kid into an unsafe condition where he could get killed you are FOS as a Christmas Turkey.

I also assume that this crap is directe d at me since most people.on the board from most of the other schools participate. If Doc was to stop suddenly could be raped accidentally by someone‘s nose, probably Honk but it couldn’t be anyone of a couple of people.

Since I feel this is directed at me because I know most of you do not care about the activities of any coach I dont think I have a place here. If you want to talk about a coach can’t coach or is a bad coach or whatever, fine. But this other stuff has no interest to me. I am sure if I investigated around I could find some bad things about most coaches. But that part has no interest. If it keeps up you can go find another LSU guy to beat on.

I answered Dustinator because he challenged it was a bad coach hire.

• Haha
Reactions: Pops Masterson
Bill their other title was 2018. You’ll enjoy this part, they beat the ever-loving dogshit out of Bama. Only time that’s happened since Saban came to Bama.
Yes, I remember it now. Trevor and that WR ate that retread CB from LSU alive. Maybe that was the problem. He was suspended at LSU for pot, went to a JUCO and went to AL where he stayed pot free. LOL.

But you are wrong about me. I do not like to see any SEC team beat by anyone outside the conference, particularly AL. I have said before that AL is my favorite team outside LSU. I mean it.

Beull:

Well. In June of 2021 Sporting News named him the #4 college coach in the country. Maybe in June of 2022 he could be ranked #2 behind Saban Since Dabo and the OK coach who were 2nd and 3rd had bad seasons.

Well Brady Quinn is not a fan of BKs decision:
"When I say ego, [I mean] him looking at LSU and saying, 'I've played against them. I know what they can recruit. I know the difference in restrictions that you kind of have or the hurdles you've got to jump over at Notre Dame vs. LSU to recruit. I want to try and go win a national championship,'" Quinn told co-hosts Jonas Knox and LaVar Arrington. "He might feel like he has a better chance there, but the irony of it is, his team could literally be playing for one this year — and really the next two years. They have two top-five recruiting classes right now.
Hmm..wonder what he meant in the hi-lighted part 🤔

Well. In June of 2021 Sporting News named him the #4 college coach in the country. Maybe in June of 2022 he could be ranked #2 behind Saban Since Dabo and the OK coach who were 2nd and 3rd had bad seasons.
You thought the wife pummeler was going to save the program, bill.

I will say this once. There were several independent investigations of the incident including one Federal Government investigations. You can find several reports or more on the subject.

First, no one “put him” in the lift. He griped to the supervisor of videos about the outdoor practice and wind. but he got in it anyway.

Second, Kelly ask his staff about practicing outside and they said it would be okay before he called the outside practice. Evidently the information about the wind problem and the video lift did not get high enough.

Third, there was no wind information available at the field. The wind that knocked the tower over was a sudden gust at 53MPH. That was possibly the biggest problem, that there was not any information available at the field. That was a conclusion of the federal investigation. They were/are looking at passing rules that all schools including HS who use these lifts have wind information at the site.

This is not a problem at LSU. Only the warm up drills are are done outside. They are not filmed.

If you think that BrIan Kelly or any other coach in the country deliberately sent a kid into an unsafe condition where he could get killed you are FOS as a Christmas Turkey.

I also assume that this crap is directe d at me since most people.on the board from most of the other schools participate. If Doc was to stop suddenly could be raped accidentally by someone‘s nose, probably Honk but it couldn’t be anyone of a couple of people.

Since I feel this is directed at me because I know most of you do not care about the activities of any coach I dont think I have a place here. If you want to talk about a coach can’t coach or is a bad coach or whatever, fine. But this other stuff has no interest to me. I am sure if I investigated around I could find some bad things about most coaches. But that part has no interest. If it keeps up you can go find another LSU guy to beat on.

I answered Dustinator because he challenged it was a bad coach hire.
that was a phuking wrongful death, Bill - and you have your head up your azz if you think otherwise. The kid had texted semi tongue in cheek he thought he might die up there before it turned over. It’s always somebody else said, “they said”, “he was told” with you .... and ONLY when LSU is involved

That kid‘s death is on Killy’s head ....PERIOD

that was a phuking wrongful death, Bill - and you have your head up your azz if you think otherwise. The kid had texted semi tongue in cheek he thought he might die up there before it turned over. It’s always somebody else said, “they said”, “he was told” with you .... and ONLY when LSU is involved

They don’t call him Killy for no reason. 😏

I wish we knew Killy would get the LSU job a few weeks ago. Would have been a fun experiment to get @Bill_D ’s take on that student’s death before Killy was connected to LSU.

I wish we knew Killy would get the LSU job a few weeks ago. Would have been a fun experiment to get @Bill_D ’s take on that student’s death before Killy was connected to LSU.
They employ coaches that stick their hands in a cancer research fund for children just for the benefit of having better players. I doubt Bill cares about Killy being a killer.

The only good thing, and I emphasize only, about Killy's hiring is that you will be able to understand his post game remarks. "Go Tigahs"

And Beull, if ND & Kelly were innocent, why did ND ante up the $$$$.

They weren’t innocent; IOSH fined them $77k for 6 safety violations, including “knowingly putting an employee into an unsafe situation “

I know that he’s probably Saban favorite opponent for a CFP game averaging abou 40-14. Glad to see him instead of Lincoln Riley.

Okay, so the Federal Investigation must have been wrong. Also the guy killed told the video supervisor that and the supervisor knew but did not inform Kelly. Kelly checked with his staff as to whether they should practice outside or not. They told him it was okay to practice outside So he said okay. That was confirmed.

I did not know about the accident so after it was brought up here I read a number of articles Including 2 independent investigation. No one has ever indicated that it was Kelly‘s fault that he was killed except people on this site. So that says a lot.

It was a stupid accident that might have been avoided but no one has ever said Kelly should not have taken the advice from his staff that it was okay to practice outside. Most coaches would have done the same.

The advice he was given evidently didn’t include all factors such as the video towers. Also evidently it was a very strong gust well above sustained the wind when they started practice.

Okay, so the Federal Investigation must have been wrong. Also the guy killed told the video supervisor that and the supervisor knew but did not inform Kelly. Kelly checked with his staff as to whether they should practice outside or not. They told him it was okay to practice outside So he said okay. That was confirmed.

I did not know about the accident so after it was brought up here I read a number of articles Including 2 independent investigation. No one has ever indicated that it was Kelly‘s fault that he was killed except people on this site. So that says a lot.

It was a stupid accident that might have been avoided but no one has ever said Kelly should not have taken the advice from his staff that it was okay to practice outside. Most coaches would have done the same.

The advice he was given evidently didn’t include all factors such as the video towers. Also evidently it was a very strong gust well above sustained the wind when they started practice.
You literally just regurgitate your news from tiger droppings. That’s like me going to CNN and reporting their character evaluation of Donald Trump.

You be dumb.

• Haha
Reactions: billywayneluck
I know that he’s probably Saban favorite opponent for a CFP game averaging abou 40-14. Glad to see him instead of Lincoln Riley.
Other than an initial conversation LSU never tried to hire Riley. But the AD talked with Saban, Fisher, Kelly Dabo, Riley, some guy from Michigan State, and some guy from Oregon. Woodward is a cagey AD who likes to set up false targets so he can complete negotiations with his real target. A funny thing is most of the coaches he might hire (Riley, MSU coach, etc.) didn’t make statements to the media because they were working for big contracts themself. They liked the media noise.

He did the same thing in hiring the baseball coach and Mulkey for women’s basketball. I think he used the FL and TN coaches for baseball. He has done this where ever he has been as AD. All 3 of these coaches were almost instantly hos choice. Mulkey and Johnson for baseball are considered home run hires.

He considers Kelly a homerun hire because he is a great coach and good recruiter. He also fits well with LSU. The hiring is expected to also help with the TitleIX and NCAA problems. He hiring represents the end of the employees who were involved in the Title IX and NCAA. Infractions. Only a few of the people who were only minorly involved in the Title IX disputes are left and these were disciplined and sent to schools whatever that means. THe President was fired, both HC of football, several BOS members replaced, the old AD, the LSU law firm who had been the counsel for 80+ years and the other employees in AD>

One interesting fact about the hirings was that all 3 made off the cuffs remarks that after they had talked about 30 minutes to Woodward about how well they fit at LSU they wanted to come to LSU right then. Kelly even said he was a fox The way he played them.

You never can tell how coaching hires can turn out but i predict these will all be good.

I have not been on Tiger Droppings in about 2-3 weeks. I was in Baton Rouge last weekend and talked to one of my son‘s best friends. He is a very close personal friend of Woodward and one of the people who convinced him to come back to LSU a year or so ago.He brought me up to date on everything. I got info from him and and Brian Kelly‘s introduction speech. My only source. I haven’t had time to do anything else. I have a RIvals site and 247 site. But i have a couple of posts on Rivals and nothing on 247. I am on rivals 3-4 times a week and hardly ever on 247.

You must like the TD site since you know everything on it. I am on this site probably more than either of the others and you know how often I’m here.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT