ADVERTISEMENT

Bama’s schedule- got an obvious pass with LSU but Tennessee and auburn will be tough

The thing about all this is that every team will rotate so often that it almost doesn’t matter. I’m ok with the 1-7-7 model too for that reason. I think the variety will be refreshing versus what we have had since 92.
I wonder if it would be possible to review the permanent opponents to reassign them every 4 years to rebalance the teams. I think they play everybody at least twice by then. Probably not, but it would keep the parity.

I think more teams are worried about the financial effect of 4 home games one year and 5 home games the next year.

There’s an updated list out from SI that I’m looking for. Florida would lose their minds if this one happened.
  • Missouri: Oklahoma, Arkansas, Vanderbilt
  • Arkansas: Missouri, Texas, Ole Miss
  • Texas A&M: LSU, Texas, Mississippi State
  • Texas: Oklahoma, Texas A&M, Arkansas
  • Oklahoma: Texas, Missouri, Florida
  • LSU: Ole Miss, Texas A&M, Alabama
  • Ole Miss: Mississippi State, LSU, Arkansas
  • Mississippi State: Ole Miss, Kentucky, Texas A&M
  • Alabama: Auburn, Tennessee, LSU
  • Auburn: Alabama, Georgia, Vanderbilt
  • Vanderbilt: Tennessee, Auburn, Missouri
  • Tennessee: Vanderbilt, Alabama, South Carolina
  • Kentucky: Mississippi State, South Carolina, Georgia
  • Georgia: Auburn, Florida, Kentucky
  • Florida: Georgia, South Carolina, Oklahoma
  • South Carolina: Florida, Tennessee, Kentucky

I wonder if it would be possible to review the permanent opponents to reassign them every 4 years to rebalance the teams. I think they play everybody at least twice by then. Probably not, but it would keep the parity.

I think more teams are worried about the financial effect of 4 home games one year and 5 home games the next year.
Just do 1-7-7. But that’s only 8 SEC games and I do think 9 is more appropriate.

This looks fair to me. I’ve got plenty of friends in Nashville and it’s one of my favorite cities in the country. Bama has to play AU, LSU and Vandy’s little sister = easier than AU’s common 3.

Just do 1-7-7. But that’s only 8 SEC games and I do think 9 is more appropriate.
Yeah, not familiar with what the SEC is driving for, so are they lining up 3 “permanent” teams within the SEC you play each year (your rival teams), 3 “tuneup games” of choice with an additional 6 rotating games within the SEC, for 12 total?

Reactions: Bill_D
Yeah, not familiar with what the SEC is driving for, so are they lining up 3 “permanent” teams within the SEC you play each year (your rival teams), 3 “tuneup games” of choice with an additional 6 rotating games within the SEC, for 12 total?
Yep. You rotate thru the entire conference every two years. For example, Georgia has still not been to aTm and they joined in 2012. That’s bullshit. And it won’t exist anymore.

Yep. You rotate thru the entire conference every two years. For example, Georgia has still not been to aTm and they joined in 2012. That’s bullshit. And it won’t exist anymore.
Okay, that makes sense….although with a bye week, 3 tuneup games seems overkill….but playing in the SEC, 10 conference games could get a little grueling.

Okay, that makes sense….although with a bye week, 3 tuneup games seems overkill….but playing in the SEC, 10 conference games could get a little grueling.
They aren’t all tuneup games. Several are in state rivals. UGA-GT, UF-FSU, SC- Clemson. And I dont see the B1G going to 10 either.

They aren’t all tuneup games. Several are in state rivals. UGA-GT, UF-FSU, SC- Clemson. And I dont see the B1G going to 10 either.
No, I don’t see the B1G moving from 9. Just look at Michigan’s first three: E Carolina, UNLV, Bowling Green…I’d call them tuneups (although it’s not unheard of for a FCS to beat a FBS). Iowa will always play in state Big 12 rival Iowa State. UGA playing Oregon at the beginning worked out well……for them.

No other team plays 3 of the traditional power 6 (or 8 if you add OU and Texas? 😂

Fvck it, let's do this shit.

Not sure what difference the but makes but ok.

The schedule isn't balanced but fvck it, let's play. It'll make the tears from Bill and the like all the more delicious.
What tears? The only complaint I ever had was that the SEC loaded with AL alumni a few years ago kept FL off of AL schedule every chance they got. I want to play a strong schedule. I don’t like the rent a games. I know the real reason is to make money, but I think the idea of showing up with a 100,000 people to see LSU play New Mexico State is ridiculous. I would rather just give them the ticket money and not have a game. In fact that’s what i basically do.

Reactions: dhetiger
the SEC loaded with AL alumni a few years ago kept FL off of AL schedule every chance they got

lol, what year was that again?

I'm going to help you out (again). The SEC offices were never loaded with Alabama alumni. I've tried explaining this to you for the better part of a decade but you just aren't having it...common sense be damned.

The people determining scheduling in the SEC were not only not Alabama graduates, many of them weren't even SEC graduates. This is something that you've made up in your head and you can't be moved from it.

You've said the same thing about SEC officials...despite the fact that most of the officials don't live in Birmingham or even in Alabama. Some of them even lived in Louisiana. 😂

Last edited:
Reactions: dustinator
TN may very well suck again but I suspect not because of NIL. TN can match up good with most folks because I suspect they have the funds. I personally don’t think they can stay with the major players in the “corridor” but NIL and the Portal have changed the face of recruiting enough they have closed the gap a lot.

I believe TN will be much better than they were. But if they don’t I hope you enjoy your laughs because I don’t give a s’it what happens to TN.

On the other hand it’s strange how coaches look at things. Saban whines about playing TN after AL held the SEC hostage to the “traditional foe” thing to play TN and avoid FL and GA as much as possible. On the other hand BK’s attitude is he wants to play the best and glad he has AL, A&M and Ole Miss. Ole Miss is getting better, though behind TN at this point, and A&M will be equal or better than AU. BK wants to play the best and Saban whines about playing TN.
I don’t think you understand college football.

Reactions: dustinator
What tears? The only complaint I ever had was that the SEC loaded with AL alumni a few years ago kept FL off of AL schedule every chance they got. I want to play a strong schedule. I don’t like the rent a games. I know the real reason is to make money, but I think the idea of showing up with a 100,000 people to see LSU play New Mexico State is ridiculous. I would rather just give them the ticket money and not have a game. In fact that’s what i basically do.
This is unequivocally, patently false 😂

There were more Troy and West Virginia graduates than any others on that staff. Know how I know? My fuggin uncle, an ARKANSAS graduate, is in leadership for the SEC.

So take your lies elsewhere, bill. This was a good one. 🤣 Your writers on the LSU site look like complete pussies.

I'm going to help you out (again). The SEC offices were never loaded with Alabama alumni. I've tried explaining this to you for the better part of a decade but you just aren't having it...common sense be damned.

The people determining scheduling in the SEC were not only not Alabama graduates, many of them weren't even SEC graduates. This is something that you've made up in your head and you can't be moved from it.

You've said the same thing about SEC officials...despite the fact that most of the officials don't live in Birmingham or even in Alabama. Some of them even lived in Louisiana. 😂
Some were QBS at bammer too...

All day every day.
I used to live in Orange Park Florida back in the early 80s and got a belly full of Florida fans. This was Charlie Pell/Galen Hall Era and they had enjoyed some success.

They were extremely arrogant for not really having done anything. Of course being close to Georgia we had to put up with the leg humpers as well but that rivalry was not as ugly as it seems to be today.

My wife is an Alabama graduate and she would drive our car to work (I drove a company vehicle). Our car was my Honda Accord with an Auburn decal on the back.

One day she got home and was giving me hell. She had been getting the finger all day from Gator and Dawg fans because of that Auburn decal. I think this was 1983 when Auburn was doing well with Bo and company. I had to act all sympathetic since we had sold her candy apple red Cutlas with the University of Alabama decal because the Honda was more fuel efficient.
I laughed to myself because my sweet wife who spent her teenage years in Germany had no clue about SEC rivalries.

Last edited:

i remember until the middle teens of the 2000 the Commissioner and the Head of Officials were from AL.

Last edited:
True...and how funny would it be if LSU got the green weenie and those Bammer alums in Hoover broke one off in Bill's ass. 😂🤣😂
I would love to see a tougher schedule than we got. I wanted either GA or FL and not Ole Miss. But Ole Miss may be really strong under Kiffin in a few years. I wanted A&M rather than TX because we recruit from the same areas of TX. I wanted GA and FL so we would get a presence in those states annually whether we play in BR or there for recruiting.I think BK wanted GA.

Phuck Phlorida
Change Tx to A&M and I will take it.
He’s bitching about UT and AU? Georgia will get AU and UF. I do t think Bama gets LSU as a third. More like Miss St.
LSU will prbably beat AL more time in the next 10 years than either AU or TN and maybe more than both put together. TN is their 3rd like Miss State.

LSU will prbably beat AL more time in the next 10 years than either AU or TN and maybe more than both put together. TN is their 3rd like Miss State.
^^^ still on the Brian Killy train ^^^

aTm too in the west, probably even more than the barn. I revel in their misery. But no misery makes me happier than gator misery.

Reactions: Bill_D

That ass whipping you took in tiger stadium from Tennessee really did a number on you

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT