ADVERTISEMENT

Bama’s schedule- got an obvious pass with LSU but Tennessee and auburn will be tough

Saban is bitching about it and I think it's great. This begins to make up for all those years back in the day that bammer dodged Georgia and Florida.

I hope UT continues their upward trajectory and Auburn gets their act together.

Reactions: dhetiger
Saban is bitching about it and I think it's great. This begins to make up for all those years back in the day that bammer dodged Georgia and Florida.

I hope UT continues their upward trajectory and Auburn gets their act together.
He’s bitching about UT and AU? Georgia will get AU and UF. I do t think Bama gets LSU as a third. More like Miss St.

Reactions: Konigstiger
He’s bitching about UT and AU? Georgia will get AU and UF. I do t think Bama gets LSU as a third. More like Miss St.
And it’s a fair argument. It’s not like he’s trying to get Vandy or Missouri. Mississippi State, who Bama has played 2nd most in the program’s history.

Lots of auburn fans are really upset this week after Nate GOATS showed he owns the state. Took him several less years to accomplish the same as brAUce.

And it’s a fair argument. It’s not like he’s trying to get Vandy or Missouri. Mississippi State, who Bama has played 2nd most in the program’s history.

Lots of auburn fans are really upset this week after Nate GOATS showed he owns the state. Took him several less years to accomplish the same as brAUce.
Lol. Bruce didn't need a murderer to get there. Bruce will reduce Nate GotsAids to his place in short order.

Reactions: Konigstiger
I'm fine with Bama having LSU, Auburn and UT.

But LSU needs to have Bama, Arkansas, UF.

Auburn...Bama, UGA, Ole Miss

UGA...Auburn, Florida, Scar (Scar is softish by comparison)

The difficulty wouldn't bother me. The difference would, however.

We are losing Kentucky for usc. We’ve played them since the. Beginning

Reactions: BamaFan1137

Those dudes are one and done just like the AU team last year. Enjoy today because the pistol toters are leaving.

Those dudes are one and done just like the AU team last year. Enjoy today because the pistol toters are leaving.

Who knows with the way the portal and transfers are now, but the bulk of this team should be back next year, minus Miller obviously.

Arkansas would be screwed.

LSU would cry because that's what they do (SEC is in Birmingham, ya' know). Ditto Ole Miss but their tears would be more alligator-y than LSU's.
There’s an updated list out from SI that I’m looking for. Florida would lose their minds if this one happened.

Reactions: BamaFan1137
The way they picked the 3 permanent opponents was divide them into 2 halves based on record the past ten years. LSU and Al were in the top halve wit FL, GA TX, OK, AU and A&M. The teams in the top half got 2 top half opponents as permanent opponents and one bottom half. Because they made such a stink about playing TN as a permanent traditional opponent all these years they naturally assigned TN as AL lower half permanent opponent. Saban doesn’t want TN because they are getting better because they have the NIL money to get good players. I would love to see AL try and laugh their way out of this after all these years of yelling about TN being a traditional foe.

The way they picked the 3 permanent opponents was divide them into 2 halves based on record the past ten years. LSU and Al were in the top halve wit FL, GA TX, OK, AU and A&M. The teams in the top half got 2 top half opponents as permanent opponents and one bottom half. Because they made such a stink about playing TN as a permanent traditional opponent all these years they naturally assigned TN as AL lower half permanent opponent. Saban doesn’t want TN because they are getting better because they have the NIL money to get good players. I would love to see AL try and laugh their way out of this after all these years of yelling about TN being a traditional foe.

If it sticks, I'm going to LMFAO if UT starts sucking again when you start crying about it. 😂

Yep, would be a strange season to not have UT on our schedule

yearly since 1906, except for a year during WWII and a couple years during WWI
The thing about all this is that every team will rotate so often that it almost doesn’t matter. I’m ok with the 1-7-7 model too for that reason. I think the variety will be refreshing versus what we have had since 92.

The thing about all this is that every team will rotate so often that it almost doesn’t matter. I’m ok with the 1-7-7 model too for that reason. I think the variety will be refreshing versus what we have had since 92.
I’m kinda the same. Don’t really care either way. I care about the UT rivalry, but I’m not some oulde bahr fan from the 70’s that’s going to cry if we lose them.

We’ve been spoiled. I was at Bama from 02-05 when we had Fran/Price/Shula, and the stadium was packed at 11:00 for Jefferson Pilot games because they were all competitive. I want to win every game by 100, but I welcome more parity too.

I’m kinda the same. Don’t really care either way. I care about the UT rivalry, but I’m not some oulde bahr fan from the 70’s that’s going to cry if we lose them.

We’ve been spoiled. I was at Bama from 02-05 when we had Fran/Price/Shula, and the stadium was packed at 11:00 for Jefferson Pilot games because they were all competitive. I want to win every game by 100, but I welcome more parity too.
I miss those days 😪

If it sticks, I'm going to LMFAO if UT starts sucking again when you start crying about it. 😂
TN may very well suck again but I suspect not because of NIL. TN can match up good with most folks because I suspect they have the funds. I personally don’t think they can stay with the major players in the “corridor” but NIL and the Portal have changed the face of recruiting enough they have closed the gap a lot.

I believe TN will be much better than they were. But if they don’t I hope you enjoy your laughs because I don’t give a s’it what happens to TN.

On the other hand it’s strange how coaches look at things. Saban whines about playing TN after AL held the SEC hostage to the “traditional foe” thing to play TN and avoid FL and GA as much as possible. On the other hand BK’s attitude is he wants to play the best and glad he has AL, A&M and Ole Miss. Ole Miss is getting better, though behind TN at this point, and A&M will be equal or better than AU. BK wants to play the best and Saban whines about playing TN.

TN may very well suck again but I suspect not because of NIL. TN can match up good with most folks because I suspect they have the funds. I personally don’t think they can stay with the major players in the “corridor” but NIL and the Portal have changed the face of recruiting enough they have closed the gap a lot.

I believe TN will be much better than they were. But if they don’t I hope you enjoy your laughs because I don’t give a s’it what happens to TN.

On the other hand it’s strange how coaches look at things. Saban whines about playing TN after AL held the SEC hostage to the “traditional foe” thing to play TN and avoid FL and GA as much as possible. On the other hand BK’s attitude is he wants to play the best and glad he has AL, A&M and Ole Miss. Ole Miss is getting better, though behind TN at this point, and A&M will be equal or better than AU. BK wants to play the best and Saban whines about playing TN.

The point is scheduling balance. I don't understand what you don't understand.

I'd love to play UT every year because I genuinely love the rivalry. With the SEC expanding again, some of these games are going to go by the wayside. As you mentioned, the scheduling was already strained before the recent expansion.

The SEC had 6 traditional powers: Alabama, Auburn, LSU, Georgia, Florida and Tennessee. Now we're adding UTx and OU. Those 8 teams are different from the other 8. If your team has to play 3 of those teams annually while others do not, that's a scheduling issue.

I get that you don't care because fvck Bama, but that doesn't change reality.

Tennessee has had plenty of talent over their years in the desert. What they didn't have was great coaching. It appears that they have a great coach again. Will that last? We'll see.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT