ADVERTISEMENT

2A State

Did anyone else think the critical play of the game was in the 2nd inning (game tied 1-1) when the home plate umpire made an apparent hit batsman call on a pitch that looked and sounded as if it hit the bat and the batter. Batter awarded 1st base and then the next batter hits a triple bringing home 2 runs to make it 3-1. All this with two outs... my take is that the umpire make a bad call by calling the play dead when the ball was bunted fair and awarding the batter first base. anyone else see this play as I did?

Originally posted by K9P:
Did anyone else think the critical play of the game was in the 2nd inning (game tied 1-1) when the home plate umpire made an apparent hit batsman call on a pitch that looked and sounded as if it hit the bat and the batter. Batter awarded 1st base and then the next batter hits a triple bringing home 2 runs to make it 3-1. All this with two outs... my take is that the umpire make a bad call by calling the play dead when the ball was bunted fair and awarding the batter first base. anyone else see this play as I did?
Yes the umpire blew the call, it should have been a fair ball. After the Ump called it a dead ball the play was dead, but it should have been ruled a dead ball strike. With that being said that call did not lose the game for NP. If the pitcher gets the next batter out the call doesn't matter.

It was a good game congrats to both teams on a great season.
This post was edited on 7/28 7:14 PM by JunkBaller6

The ump did not blow the call. Team film in slow motion showed the ball glanced off the batters forearm before hitting the bat. Beckman deserved the win.

Ump did blow the call. slow motion will also show the player swung the bat which would then make it a strike weather it hit him or not. Beckman did not win the game on just that play. Beckman still earned and deserved the win. NP had chances to put runs on the board and left runners on base........Great ball game

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT