ADVERTISEMENT

2A State

vikesfan13146

Freshman
Oct 23, 2010
Match ups have been released:

#1 Dyersville-Beckman (35-7) vs #8 West Branch (20-15)

Friday 7/20 @ 6:00

#4 Carroll Kuemper (26-11) vs #5 Ogden (24-10)

Friday 7/20 @ 8:00

#3 North Polk (29-4) #6 Forest City (21-8)

Saturday 7/21 @ 8:00

#2 Davis County (41-1) vs #7 Alta-Aurelia (23-10)

Saturday 7/21 @ 6:00

How does the pre season number 1 ranked team stayed number 1 the entire season get the number 2 seed????

My guess is that they use the same system they used to seed the districts, Beckman plays almost all 3A schools therefore they would get more points from the system.

Teams get 1 point for a win over a 1A school, 2 pts for 2A, 3 pts for 3A and 4 for 4A. The IHSAA then divides the total points accumulated for wins by the total games played. Then they are seeded based on who has the highest point total average to the lowest average.

The team with the most wins does not always get the highest seed because of this system.

Doubtful, but you can figure them pretty easily. Add up all their points 4 points for beating 4A etc then divide by the teams total wins.

I don't know about Davis County's schedule, but Beckman won the WaMaC-East, a predominantly 3A conference that plays varsity double headers. If Davis County plays a majority of 2A games, they may not have been able score as many seeding points as Beckman.

I must've screwed something up because I came up with:

1 Beckman, Dyersville 2.80000
2 Kuemper Catholic, Carroll 2.53846
3 Davis County, Bloomfield 2.26829
4 North Polk, Alleman 2.20690
5 West Branch 1.65000
6 Alta-Aurelia 1.60870
7 Forest City 1.57143
8 Ogden 1.54167

The only thing is if you got some classifications wrong. there was quite a few teams that dropped or moved up. If you havent already may want to double check the class of their opponents.

Did you divide by wins or games played? It looks like, for Kuemper at least, you divided by 26 and not 37.

1 Beckman, Dyersville 2.33333
2 Davis County, Bloomfield 2.21429
3 North Polk, Alleman 1.93939
4 Kuemper Catholic, Carroll 1.78378
5 Forest City 1.13793
6 Alta-Aurelia 1.12121
7 Ogden 1.08824
8 West Branch 0.94286

Seeding Wise...
Waterloo Columbus(Points:57)---8 Points in case of a tie-breaker after H2H
Davis County(Points:54)
North Polk(Points:49)---5 Points in case of a tie-breaker after H2H
IC Regina(Points:45)---3 Points in case of a tie-breaker...
FD St.Edmond(Points:42)---2 Points in case of a tie-breaker...
PCM, Monroe(Points:39)---2 Points in case of a tie-breaker...
Carroll Kuemper(Points:35)---10 Points in case of a tie-breaker...
North Union(Points:31)---2 Points in case of a tie-breaker...

Other teams mentioned:
Beckman(55 Points)
Wilton(35 Points 25 games)---4 Points in case of tie-breaker
Hudson(35 Points 24 games)--- 2 Points in case of tie-breaker
Maq Valley(27 Points)
Eddysville Blakesburg(26 Points)
NEGL(27 Points)

This was what I posted earlier in the year. Beckman and Columbus would have been seeded higher than Davis County, because the schedule they played. The majority of Beckman and Columbus games were against 3A and then some 2A/4A.

Hey what's up here's the results from today's action no big deal.......................................
indifferent.r191677.gif

Dyersville, Beckman 2
West Branch 1

Carroll Kuemper 9
Ogden 2

Davis County, Bloomfield 1
Alta-Aurelia 0

I know this board is slow but North Polk vs. Davis County..... Any thoughts ???
This post was edited on 7/25 9:11 PM by cubs1910

Davis County is a great team but if Hadaway pitches I don't see 5 runs. Not sure if NP can put any runs up against Mathews but it could be a battle. Extra innings maybe?? State Tournament pressure could be the difference.. Both are experienced and DC has been in the big game but has also lost several seniors off last years team.. DC has to hit better than they did in their first round game if they want to continue.Great game that should be fun to watch..

DC certainly has the firepower to win by 5, but I couldn't disagree more on your prediction. I see a one-run or two run victory in a classic pitchers duel. I think it could go either way, but my heart is a little stronger than my head in this one. I'm taking NP by 1 in 9.

Game will be determined by an error. What a pitching match-up, especially for 2A. Got to stick with the pride of the HOI< North Polk wins by 1.

Idk Dc about got shut down by who?? They snuck out of that game by 2 errors...I don't see them getting by north polk

Just a gut feeling. DC has not really broken out in a game this year and I just think they get some things going early and put it away. I could be wrong, as NP is extremely talented.

Two very good 2A clubs. DC has the better team, but Hadaway has the ability to keep NP in any game.

I predict J. Martsching will be the difference in this one.

DC advances to the championship, 2 - 0.

Great job NP and Hadaway is ready for the Ch game. Havent seen that pickoff move to second in the 6th inning for a couple years but great call. Pressure can do strange things to young players and DC had plenty of that. It is really difficult to repeat and 2A has had some great games already. Cant wait to see what else happens...

Funny. I voted for North Polk to win the Title on the iahsaa Poll and they finished last. With Hadaway only pitching 1 inning against DC he should be able to throw the full Championship game. Beckman should also be able to throw there best guy Nate Steger for the whole game. This is more of a Offense(Beckman) vs. Pitching(Norht Polk) match up.

NP was able to put far more runners on base against Matthews than I figured they would. It was only a matter of time before one of them scored there in the last innings.

DC's offense just couldn't muster enough to get the job done.

DC's defense was dreadful all year. And their offense was way too one dimensional. Way too much pressure on those pitchers. Karma was working against them as a result.

No they weren't both earned. The box score is wrong. The guy in the 7th reached on an error and the throw went in the dugout. Would have been 3 outs. Also, if the fly ball is caught in the 1st, NP doesn't score.

Like I said, their D was awful. Throw in baserunning. The strength of the team was the dominant pitching. They had a few very good hitters, but after that...it was all downhill. Awful defense, baserunning & a huge gap between the top of the order & the rest of the lineup. It looks like they got away w/ it the past two seasons all but twice.

Yes, the pitcher spins to second and gives the appearance that he throws the ball-pickoff. To avoid any mishaps, he shouldn't even take the ball out of his glove. The second baseman jumps in the air as if it was a poor throw, the ss runs into center to retrieve the apparent poor throw, the center fielder runs in. If the runner falls for it, he gets up and runs to 3rd as the DC runner did. Then, in this case, the pitcher-with ball- runs over and tags the runner. Sometimes the pitcher may have to throw to 3rd and a rundown occurs. Also, you can get the coaching staff and dugout involved by yelling as if it were a poor play.

Dyersville Beckman is your 2A Champions with a 3-1 victory over North Polk. The game ended on a Double Play, which followed 2 walks.

Congrats to the Blazers and great season for the Comets.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT