ADVERTISEMENT

2A State 2013

vikesfan13147

Freshman
Sep 21, 2012
Here are the Class 2A state tournament matchups:

#1 Beckman Catholic (33-6) vs #8 Waterloo Columbus Catholic (17-23)

7/29 at 2:00

#4 Mount Vernon (26-14) vs #5 Roland-Story (27-13)

7/29 at 12:00

#2 North Polk (29-4) vs #7 Albia (24-16)

7/29 at 8:00

#3 Carroll Kuemper (28-6) vs #6 Spirit Lake (16-10)

7/29 at 6:00

Thoughts and predictions???

I'll say about a 90% chance it is one of the top 3 seeds. They are clearly the 3 best when looking at their body of work. I'm gonna go with Kuemper as the champ. Though Beckman with the 1 seed is at distinct advantage, because I think there is a bigger dropoff after the #3. But I'm still gonna take Kuemper.

Sp Lake will give Kuemper a battle. Stoll didn't pitch last month of season for SL and they dropped 8/10. He pitched all three games in playoffs and gave up one run. Kuemper lost to Storm Lake and SL beat St Lake. Both Kuemper and SL lost to LeMars badly. It should be a close one and wouldn't be surprised to see SL win. Plus SL has ended their football season 2 years in a row :)

I agree that nobody should overlook Mount Vernon. All three of the WAMAC teams are tough. Their schedules are loaded with very good 3A teams.

Roland-Story beats Mount Vernon 2-1 and Beckman defeats Waterloo Columbus 3-2. Roland-Story vs Beckman Thursday night.

North Polk survives the upset bid from Albia by a score of 2-1 in 13 innings. Sacrifice fly by the Comets won it in the top of in the inning. What an outstanding game by both teams!!!

Those were some of the best executed defensive plays at the plate in extra innings I've seen at any level. Glad I was able to catch it on television.

A rematch of the 2012 Class 2A state championship is in store on Saturday. Beckman defeated Roland-Story 13-2 in 5 innings, and North Polk beat Carroll Kuemper 6-2 setting up another matchup between the Blazers and Comets on Saturday at 2:00.

Originally posted by vikesfan13147:
Here are the Class 2A state tournament matchups:

#1 Beckman Catholic (33-6) vs #8 Waterloo Columbus Catholic (17-23)

7/29 at 2:00

#4 Mount Vernon (26-14) vs #5 Roland-Story (27-13)

7/29 at 12:00

#2 North Polk (29-4) vs #7 Albia (24-16)

7/29 at 8:00

#3 Carroll Kuemper (28-6) vs #6 Spirit Lake (16-10)

7/29 at 6:00

Thoughts and predictions???
I couldn't see for sure, but I'm guessing it was a broken leg or ankle. Really disappointing as someone with no horse in that race. I was absolutely stoked to see the Lehmann/Hadaway duel, and they both delivered until that injury. I think they'd set down 15 straight before Hadaway got on. Really lousy way to lose, too, walking in the tying and winning runs. That game deserved a much better finish.

They only showed the replay twice in real time, but I think he might have hurt his leg when he was turning to slide into 2nd and avoid the tag. His legs shifted quickly to his right while his upper body stayed center and it looked like his left leg caved somewhat.

The sudden movement may have been what caused the injury. Where it was exactly, I couldn't tell.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT