ADVERTISEMENT

Who Is Switching Classes Next Cycle?

Jul 15, 2022
As far as small schools, I could see BGM and SE Warren going back to Class A. There are several schools like North Tama that could come down to 8-Man, but some don't want to.

Any official rumblings, or is it too early?

Official BEDs aren't due for a few weeks. There will be a couple of schools who could go down, but I know some won't if there is a decent chance that they will be forced to go back.

I have heard that some small schools boardering bigger cities are growing in numbers fast and could change classes.

A great example is Alburnett, I have heard there has been a big jump in their numbers. They were Class A two years ago, 1A now, but possibly 2A in the next cycle? They have 18 sophs and 20 freshmen on thier football roster, those are big numbers for a 1A school.

Last edited:
I believe Alburnett is going from the Tri Rivers Conference to the River Valley, and it wouldn't surprise me if they ended up in the WaMaC eventually.

Reactions: IGo42
Kingsley-Pierson will have the potential to go back to 8 man as they are breaking off their sharing agreement with River Valley - so could have 2 more NWIA 8 man teams again (if RV could gather up enough dudes)

Kingsley-Pierson will have the potential to go back to 8 man as they are breaking off their sharing agreement with River Valley - so could have 2 more NWIA 8 man teams again (if RV could gather up enough dudes)
From what I know of River Valley, that could be a big "if". I would assume they wouldn't keep sharing for just football I'm also not sure they would head over to Ridge View either, that could bump them up to 2A

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT