ADVERTISEMENT

What is your pre-season Top 10?

couldnt said it any better myself goal scorer. i totally agree with what you have to say. Im hoping we do good this year since we have been picked not to do well this year and we are going to be working very hard to get back to the top spot which this boys team hasnt done for a few years. Were always a great team but we can never get it done in substate two years ago we lost to ankeny 1-0 and they won state and last year we barely lost to dowling and it was a close game could of went either side and they ended up winning state. So this team isnt far from it

Goal Scorer said: I thought it was interested how this turned out. IC West was a unanimous #1 despite not winning a state championship for over 3 years. The teams are ranked 4-6 were separated by only 2 pts. I'll do another composite top 10 when more people chime in with their rankings.

Composite Pre-Season Top 10:
1. IC West (60 pts.)
2. Dowling (53 pts.)
3. Valley (47 pts.)
4. Bettendorf (33 pts.)
5. Ankeny (32 pts.)
6. Hoover (31 pts.)
7. Urbandale (15 pts.)
8. Davenport Central (11 pts.)
9. Johnston (9 pts.)
Cedar Rapids Washington (9 pts.)

Also receiving votes: Roosevelt (8 pts.), Waukee (8 pts.), Pleasant Valley (7 pts.), Cedar Rapids Kennedy (6 pts.)

Well, since they've been to practically EVERY STATE CHAMPIONSHIP GAME since 2000, plus they return one of the state's best goal scorers in Austion Otto, it's not really surprising, is it???

Not only is I.C. West going to be the most dominate team this year (and yes they may be god) they also have the most cuties on there team! there are so many adorable players on that team, some of them are just so tiny and cute and its so funny the way there small little legs move! they just run so fast for bein little hobbits! but then they also have some big guys that protect there little youngeons which is ADORABLE! if the little ones get hurt the big guys are always there to protect them so watch out other teams, dont mess with the little guys, because they have big guys to back them up! real scary stuff! almost like a big lion watching over the little lions... but anyways overall i would say that IC West will probably win state because they have a lot of good solid FUN talent! and thats what the whole game is about isnt it... having FUN! so good luck all other teams in iowa, but im thinkin IC West may have this one locked up! so ill see you all in des moines in june! LATER

I think Waukee might be tough this year with Duckworth and Co. Lot's of talent if they can harness it in the right way. They can play with the best that past few years, but sure seem to be blowing it in Substate play.

I agree that Waukee will be tough. Can they make it out of a substate that includes Valley and Ankeny though? They'll be the surprise of the season if they make it out of that substate.

Don't mess with the west high water polo team. They are amazing!!!!!! they tread water like its a slab of concrete

There soccer team will probably win state too, but on the other hand ther are notorious for getting the oh so plasant spot of 2nd like every sport at west relly so i how about we just let the chips stack at des moines
This post was edited on 4/5 10:22 PM by bett-bulldog

Pre-Season Rankings (going to 15 this year to help with sub-state seeding)
1A
1. Regina, Iowa City
2. Columbus Catholic, Waterloo
3. St. Albert, Council Bluffs
4. Bondurant-Farrar
5. Gladbrook-Reinbeck
6. Solon
7. Gilbert
8t. Ballard, Huxley
8t. Iowa Mennonite, Kalona
10. Pella Christian
11. West Liberty
12. Assumption, Davenport
13. Columbus Comm., Columbus Junction
14. Unity Christian
15. West Central Valley, Stuart
Others receiving votes: Center Point-Urbana, Western Christian-Hull, Monticello, Danville, PCM-Monroe, Northern University High, Holy Trinity Catholic, Fort Madison, Colo-Nesco, AHST-Avoca, Humboldt
2-A
1. Wahlert, Dubuque
2. Norwalk
3. Spencer
4. Glenwood
5t. Xavier, Cedar Rapids
5t. Decorah
7. Keokuk
8. ADM-Adel
9. South Tama County
10. Sioux City Heelan
11. Denison-Schleswig
12. Waverly-Shell Rock
13. Perry
14. Harlan
15. Hudson
Others Receiving Votes: Pella, Fort Madison, Dallas Center-Grimes, Mount Vernon
3-A
1. Dowling Catholic, W. Des Moines
2. Iowa City, West
3t. Valley, West Des Moines
3t. Bettendorf
5. Ankeny
6. Des Moines Hoover
7t. Pleasant Valley
7t. Cedar Rapids Washington
9. Cedar Rapids Kennedy
10. Urbandale
11. Davenport Central
12. Johnston
13. Des Moines Roosevelt
14. Waukee
15. Cedar Falls
Others Receiving Votes: Ames, Cedar Rapids Prairie, Iowa City-City High, Sioux City-North, Muscatine, Burlington, Linn-Mar Marion.

Judging by those rankings, Roosevelt is seriously underated by many. They're ranked under Urbandale and Johnston, both of whom they beat last year.
This post was edited on 4/6 3:52 PM by Soccerz

Not true. They lost more than one starter and Catum Whitfield is still at DSM North.

I do agree that DSM Roosevelt is underrated, but lets not embelish things by stating things that are not accurate.

I guess there's nothing to be done lol. We'll just have to prove ourselves during our upcoming season.

pre-season rankings Its not how you start but how you finish what counts How did you go from they to we in two post Just made the team
This post was edited on 4/6 9:28 PM by darknight04

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT