ADVERTISEMENT

West Central Conference

atomic87

Freshman
Feb 2, 2010
Shaping up to be an interesting conference race with 3 to 5 teams in the mix.

Panorama beat DMC and Madrid, lost to Earlham
DMC beat Earlham, lost to Panorama
Earlham beat Panorama and Van Meter, lost to DMC and Madrid
Madrid beat Earlham, lost to Panorama and Van Meter
Van Meter beat Madrid, lost to Earlham

Seems like a small difference between all these teams and home court has been huge. BCMoore rankings right now have DMC 1, Panorama 2, Earlham 3, Van Meter 4, Madrid 5.

Maybe the conference upset of the year so far tonight as Ogden stuns Panorama 47-45, knocking the Panthers out of the conference lead. Anyone see the game?

Well Morris has a big advantage in experience for sure. I see Panorama only scored 2 points in the 4th quarter...amazing considering all the athletes/shooters they have.

Des Moines Christian could take a big step toward the conference title when it hosts Panora next week.

Well Morris has a big advantage in experience for sure. I see Panorama only scored 2 points in the 4th quarter...amazing considering all the athletes/shooters they have.

Des Moines Christian could take a big step toward the conference title when it hosts Panora next week.
assuming they win....or step back by losing....

Districts 13/14 in the 2A district tournament could almost pass for a post-season WCAC tournament; 8 of the conference's 10 teams are in those 2 districts but will face challenges from PCM and I-35 earn a state tourney berth, or even make it to the substate final. (Rankings and records are from BC Moore as of 1/11). Ogden is is 2A, district 5; and Guthrie Center is in 1A, District 14. Can't wait!

DISTRICT #13
62 Baxter CMB H I ( 2- 7)
14 Des Moines Christian W C ( 8- 2)
67 Madrid W C ( 7- 2)
17 Prairie City-Monroe H I ( 7- 3)
87 Woodward Academy W C ( 3- 6)
90 Woodward-Granger W C ( 2- 7)

DISTRICT #14
41 Earlham W C ( 7- 2)
38 Truro Interstate-35 P I ( 7- 2)
39 Panora Panorama W C ( 7- 3)
88 Southwest Valley P I ( 3- 6)
52 Van Meter W C ( 6- 4)
93 Stuart West Central W C ( 2- 8)

DMC protects its home court to take a two game lead over Panora in the conference race. Earlham still a game back after beating Van Meter for the second time this year.

I think it's the most competitive small school conference in the state for basketball, any teams from the WCAC make the State Tourney they will be well tested. Big game coming up Friday night as well as Madrid travels to Earlham.

From the BC Moore rankings both districts don't appear to have any elite teams. Never know with the computer rankings though.

I think it's the most competitive small school conference in the state for basketball, any teams from the WCAC make the State Tourney they will be well tested. Big game coming up Friday night as well as Madrid travels to Earlham.

Just going by rankings, it looks like the River Valley Conferences is pretty competitive as well. And the Siouxland too if you consider that small school. It does have one 3A team, but otherwise all 1As and 2As.

Just going by rankings, it looks like the River Valley Conferences is pretty competitive as well. And the Siouxland too if you consider that small school. It does have one 3A team, but otherwise all 1As and 2As.
I think top to bottom the WCAC has high number of teams that can beat anyone night in and night out. At least it feels like it :)

Earlham rolling right now they beat Madrid by 30, panorama by 25, and Ogden by 19. That sets up the biggest matchup of the year so far as they travel to DMC on Tuesday.

Reactions: Macsdad2000
Des Moines Christian won by 10 at Earlham earlier this year. Another win would give the Lions a two-game lead in the conference standings. A win by Earlham gives both teams two conference losses. I'm picking DMC in a close game.

I-35 makes a statement with a 10 point nonconference win over Earlham in the season finale. I thought we were headed for another rematch between Earlham and Panorama in the district final, but now I'm not so sure.

Van Meter upsets Earlham in the district semis. But there is guaranteed to be a WCAC at state from this substate with Van Meter-Panorama on one side and DMC-Madrid in the other. DMC is still my pick.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT