WB/Regina

Who will have the better 2019 season?

• West Branch

Votes: 9 81.8%
  • Regina

Votes: 2 18.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I know that they were ranked that high, I personally thought that was more of a name recognition ranking, they lost a ton from last year. Sorry to get off topic

There are a lot of teams that get ranked on name recognition without deserving it, for instance, the first two Class 1A rankings this year...

Before you try to smear WB and look like a child, maybe you should do your research on why MV wanted desperately to play this game and came to an agreement to play WB. Somethings are bigger then football and that’s the case here. WB will show their support for MV on Friday as they honor those kids Parents and families.

"This past summer, Maquoketa Valley had two students of their 2020 graduating class tragically pass away. The school council and homecoming committee decided that instead of the traditional crowning of King and Queen this year, they would be giving the crowns to the parents of the students who passed. That coronation ceremony will take place at this Friday's game."

Thanks Pine for giving us your uneducated opinion of WB playing MV. Shows the kind of person you are. You truly do make Regina look bad. Which like I’ve stated before is a shame. Great to see WB and MV play this game Friday and honor these kids memories and their families. West Branch is doing a good job teaching these young Men, and building their character. #Somethingsarebiggerthenfootball.

What does West Branch playing MV have to do with that situation at all?
MV could have honored those kids at another game.
LOL at you trying to give WB credit for anything here. I guess this never would have happened without WB...
Man, you are one sensitive and bitter guy.

Oh forgot to mention how WB sacrificed their Homecoming game and Senior night. To travel to MV so they could have 1 last home game to honor their classmates and their families. Great character shown by those young Men.

West Branch will need to win their final two games on the road to avoid a losing record in the regular season.

They are, with the Class A win last week. Two losses would put them at 3-4.
They are at Durant and at Beckman to finish the regular season.

Them Regina fans just can't help themselves. Nobody in our conference ever liked you back in the day. Guess that hasn't changed.

You people are pompous pricks. Living in a town with 100,000 people in metro area and somehow are a Class A school. Your DC paid a million for a baseball/wrestling facility. He's gonna pay alot more in his upcoming divorce. After this year Marvy Boy doesn't have any kids left to bail you out.

• Sad
Reactions: Pinehawk
But splitting (1-1) their final two regular season games would put them at 4-3 with a winning regular season.

Ah, yes, I misworded that, my apologies. They need to avoid two losses to two 3-1 teams on the road.

Them Regina fans just can't help themselves. Nobody in our conference ever liked you back in the day. Guess that hasn't changed.

You people are pompous pricks. Living in a town with 100,000 people in metro area and somehow are a Class A school. Your DC paid a million for a baseball/wrestling facility. He's gonna pay alot more in his upcoming divorce. After this year Marvy Boy doesn't have any kids left to bail you out.

You seem angry. That's a pretty low personal cheap shot you just took. Don't see any reason for that.
Not relying on tax payers to fund school improvement should be celebrated, not criticized.
You're going to be really upset when you realize the rest of the coaching staff have kids coming up through the system with some strong looking classes.

Fun facts:

The Gavin family paid for the facility.

Marv's kids have been starters for only two of Regina's championships.

The DC donated to a new science lab.

Your jealousy is unbecoming.

Last edited:

So other than being a jackwagon you are somewhat factually wrong as well. It’s a good look for you.

Fun fact:

Regina people have never lied about things on their campus before. Nope. Please don't patronize us. Its OK that Dumont gave money. At public schools that might be a conflict of interest.

Recruiting is a conflict of interest on public schools.

Dominican baseball players just happen to show up with their family. Riley Dixons family just happened to have a starting OL living with him.

I'm just an old has been nothing from Podunk County IA. I don't

Whoa EIHC. Thats pretty personal. You must know Dumont from years ago. Met him once. He seemed arrogant but not douchey.

I don’t understand why a school donation is something against them? That’s not just a private school thing. If People who have money want to make their athletic programs better, all the power to them imo

Agreed. And, as another poster pointed out above, the coach’s generous donation actually went to fund a new science lab.
They give their time and money to help improve the school and the students, and the entire family are fantastic people.

Fun fact:

Regina people have never lied about things on their campus before. Nope. Please don't patronize us. Its OK that Dumont gave money. At public schools that might be a conflict of interest.

Recruiting is a conflict of interest on public schools.

Dominican baseball players just happen to show up with their family. Riley Dixons family just happened to have a starting OL living with him.

I'm just an old has been nothing from Podunk County IA. I don't

Lol... you seem to have an axe to grind. So you have one football player and a baseball player, oh and Dumont donating a science lab. Sounds pretty scandalous. Hopefully the school you support hasn’t had any open enrollees in the past decade. They would be one of the few that hasn’t.

Lol... you seem to have an axe to grind. So you have one football player and a baseball player, oh and Dumont donating a science lab. Sounds pretty scandalous. Hopefully the school you support hasn’t had any open enrollees in the past decade. They would be one of the few that hasn’t.

You're not denying the recruitment and illegal housing of a player happened. Also, there is a huge difference between open enrollment and putting out recruiting signs on the front lawn

You're not denying the recruitment and illegal housing of a player happened. Also, there is a huge difference between open enrollment and putting out recruiting signs on the front lawn

I have always been very open that every student is recruited at private schools. They have to be in order for the school to survive. They don’t have built in funding or students. I never mentioned illegal housing. Perhaps an understanding of the students family situation would help that determination. If you want to look into open enrollment, apartment addresses for kids while their parents still live in the home the student grew up in then let me know the difference between open enrollment and recruiting. I chuckle that with all of the ill founded accusations of how wide spread the recruiting has been there is one football player and one baseball player sent out as proof. Does anyone mention the Korean students that are recruited and don’t participate in athletics?

Everyone involved should just meet up and hash out their differences. Seems a bit ridiculous and trivial to keep the back and forth going over a message board.

If you recall, CID was personally threatened by posters here after the WB playoff loss when they thought they saw him in person and thought they knew who he was. There are some here that aren't very stable unfortunately.
Some good natured rivalry talk is fun and keeps the board going.
But, some cannot help but to take it too far and make unnecessary personal attacks.
Just take a look above.

If you recall, CID was personally threatened by posters here after the WB playoff loss when they thought they saw him in person and thought they knew who he was. There are some here that aren't very stable unfortunately.
But, some cannot help but to take it too far and make unnecessary personal attacks.
Just take a look above.
Understandable, but it’s been beyond good natured for a long time. Not sure why anyone continues post about it. It always leads to personal attacks. And everything that could possibly be said probably has already been said. Seems like a huge waste of time now.

Understandable, but it’s been beyond good natured for a long time. Not sure why anyone continues post about it. It always leads to personal attacks. And everything that could possibly be said probably has already been said. Seems like a huge waste of time now.

I don't think that I have resorted to personal attacks. I have received a few but that is part of the game. I rarely if ever comment first but I also don't sit back and let some of the garbage go. As my kids say 'Dad, you don't suffer fools well'
Mepo, you are a good poster here and would get together and have a beer. I enjoyed the journey down that way and the complex and people there were top notch.

"This past summer, Maquoketa Valley had two students of their 2020 graduating class tragically pass away. The school council and homecoming committee decided that instead of the traditional crowning of King and Queen this year, they would be giving the crowns to the parents of the students who passed. That coronation ceremony will take place at this Friday's game."
Just take a look above.

If this isn’t the Pot calling the Kettle black....Pine you have been part of the problem making it personal with people by name and been called out for it. Going forward I hope you live by your words here.

CID and Pine have made many claims about the WB kids.
BlameIt all but gave SSNs in a post that chronicled every WB transfer/open enrollee FB player over tha last 10-15 years. Of course the law firm of Pine and CID did not believe him. The link is below.

If you people ever meet up for a beer I'm in. CID can buy with some of that private school money. Nothing but top shelf for me. haha

Last edited:
Blame listed a lot of transfers there. Most of them big impact players. Far more than most schools get.
Glossed over some disputed details, but whatever, it's right there laid out and you can see most of the transfers for yourself. They admit it themselves.

Wow BlameIt and GoEagles. Why would you go through that much trouble to tell the truth?
Pretty substantial and detailed list. To put that much time into would lead me to believe its on the level.

West Branch was always a tough nut to crack when we played em back in the 80s and 90s in any sport. Never beat them in FB or Basketball. One night I put up 35 points and we still came up short by about 20. Bears usually have good teams.

CID and Pine have made many claims about the WB kids.
BlameIt all but gave SSNs in a post that chronicled every WB transfer/open enrollee FB player over tha last 10-15 years. Of course the law firm of Pine and CID did not believe him. The link is below.

If you people ever meet up for a beer I'm in. CID can buy with some of that private school money. Nothing but top shelf for me. haha

Top shelf is Busch Latte for me.

Going to need to make some more room in the Regina Football State Championship trophy case.

ADVERTISEMENT