ADVERTISEMENT

WaMaC Soccer

oreorunners_1014

Freshman
Oct 30, 2003
how does everyone thing the season will turn out? any surprising teams this spring? Not that it means much, but here are last years season W-L records.

2011 EAST records:
Solon(17-3-1)*1A State Runner-Up
Beckman(14-4-1)
Mt. Vernon(9-8)
Western Dubuque(8-7-1)
West Delawaare(7-7)
DeWitt(7-10)
Maquoketa(5-9)
Anamosa(4-9)

2011 WEST Records
Columbus(14-3-4)*State Qualifier
Marion(13-3)
CC-A(12-50*State Qualifier
CP-U(9-8)
Benton(9-9)
Williamsburg(3-11)
Independence(3-14-1)
Vinton

I think beckman will be strong in the east again, with solon right behind... maybe west delaware or mt.vernon surprising. in the west i see Columbus again at the top and benton maybe rising near the top.

Ps. does anyone know if Vinton-Shellsburg will field a team this season, they have been in the classifications list for the last few seasons but never have fielded a team?
This post was edited on 3/1 12:28 PM by oreorunners_1014

V-S fields a girls team, but to my knowledge there won't be a boys team again this year...until there's a strong outcry from the community for one, they probably won't field a team.....

i stand corrected, that's great, hope that they will at least be competitive this season...it's tough getting a program off the ground, pretty rare to be world burners the 1st couple years....
This post was edited on 4/2 2:18 PM by rival_me

I'm betting Solon isn't rebuilding. Yes they graduated some big names, However the press-citizen has them returning 1/2 of their starters from last year plus all of their subs. I'm sure they will be fine.
I heard from some of their players that they scrimmaged IC West and lost 1-0, They also beat CR Prairie and played Xavier really tough in the CR Jamboree but lost 1-0. Website says they host west del on Thursday. Should be an interesting year.

Solon returns +1/2 starters and brings up some good players (new comers Rory Siddel - Sr and Brandan Childs - Fr will add to the athleticism on the field). Getting goalie Weeks back is huge.

I heard that Solon lost to ICW 1-0 and tied Xavier 0-0. But then again - its a jamboree...

P.S. Solon got bumped up a class due to enrollment.
This post was edited on 4/1 1:08 PM by meandmyshadow

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT