ADVERTISEMENT

WACO at HLV - Make your pick!

SICL Cares

Freshman
Feb 23, 2011
Finally football is here in the state of Iowa! Great to see these two teams with some history against each other playing yet again. A Thursday night matchup due to the wedding of new HLV assistant Jordan Smith this Saturday, an early congratulations to the Smith family!

Traditionally, WACO has had the upper hand on HLV but of course that is in the past. WACO is making the transition to the 8-man game while HLV will take the field without the likes of Nate Van Buren, Dalton Kriegel and some veteran linemen for the first time in the years. Not sure what WACO has coming back but I do know HLV will be led by Wyatt Kaplan, a very athletic player who will give teams headaches on offense, defense and special teams. HLV will also have the likes of Brandon Schafbuch, Kenny Kriegel and Boots Weiermann back and they've seen significant amounts of playing time over the past few seasons.

It will be interesting to see what unfolds. Sounds like Lone Tree got the best of WACO in a scrimmage but I guess I'm a believer that you can't put a lot of stock into a preseason scrimmage. I don't believe HLV played anyone in a scrimmage.

I'm anxious to see how HLV comes out with a new quarterback and revamped offensive line, all I know is I'm taking the Warriors in this game ;) *it's funny because they're both the Warriors*

But in all seriousness, I'm predicting HLV wins 48-34. KILJ out of Mount Pleasant will be broadcasting the game on the radio and online. Pre-game show starts at 6:45 with kickoff set for 7.

Wyatt Kaplan scores the first touchdown of the season for HLV from two yards out. Two-point conversion is no good. HLV up on WACO 6-0 early in the first.

Kaplan punches it in again for the Warriors. 2-point conversion stopped again, HLV 12 WACO 0 with a little under nine to go in the first half.

Kaplan finishes with four touchdowns and two picks on defense. Heard a lot from Brandon Schafbuch on D as well. Tip of the cap to WACO, fought until the very end and battled some players getting dinged up.

Listening to the broadcast, I don't think I heard Camiel Blomme's name at all for HLV. Believe he may be at the State Fair showing cattle and will more than likely make his debut next week against Iowa Valley.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT