ADVERTISEMENT

Virginia game is cancelled.

GwinnettDawg

All Conference
Aug 7, 2001
Dawgs were probably going to lose to Bama anyway, but in my mind this pretty much assures it. No game experience with Newman and a new OC and scheme.

Sounds like a 10 conf game season +1 non-con. There will be probably (4) ACC-SEC games that ACC is still looking at letting happen UF-FSU, UGA-Wrecks, USCjr-Clemmons, and UK-LoLville

I really hope that happens.... gladly will let the carnie folk of Columbia take an orange tiger p@cker up the poop chute for another chit-smacking of LoLville by the Cats

Sounds like a 10 conf game season +1 non-con. There will be probably (4) ACC-SEC games that ACC is still looking at letting happen UF-FSU, UGA-Wrecks, USCjr-Clemmons, and UK-LoLville

I really hope that happens.... gladly will let the carnie folk of Columbia take an orange tiger p@cker up the poop chute for another chit-smacking of LoLville by the Cats

Strike that ..... looks like the SEC might skewer the +1

(Low dog whine)

Reactions: GADAWGinIraq
Dawgs were probably going to lose to Bama anyway, but in my mind this pretty much assures it. No game experience with Newman and a new OC and scheme.

Well, if they don’t play before AL there is not a viable offense for which Bama can plan. Of course Bama can make an educated guess. On the other hand GA knows well what Bama will do on both offense and defense.

I think this is kind of interesting. Newman is like Burrow in that he is a graduate student and virtually full time football player. Whether he is as good as Burrow is debatable but still whatever he can do he will do really well.

One of the reasons Newman is there along with Daniels is to change the GA offense. From comments Smart made he tried to install at least portions of the the LSU type spread offense last year but couldn’t do it because he did not have all the parts he needed, mainly capable receivers for all five positions on the field that can receive a pass. He went out and got some of the missing parts. Whether he got them all or the quality of them is is up for debate but I predict you will see a lot of spread attack from GA.

I also wonder if the need for the first game is as important this year as in previous years. No matter how you shake it the team will have considerably more work on play thru and more work in the class room just prior to the season. All the teams are walking thru and running plays both on offense and defense in July which has never happened before. They also are in the position rooms studying.

The value of the first game is more important to find and eliminate mistakes than anything else. IMO this will not be needed as much. The teams, especially offense wise, will be much more efficient the first game and have more offense installed than usual.

Reactions: GADAWGinIraq
giphy.gif

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT