Van Meter 71, Ogden 36
Waverly 66, Oelwein 43
North Linn 100, Midland 37 (Mon.)
Alburnett 61, Cedar Valley Chr. 22
Newell-Fonda 74, Pochahontas Area 60
West Fork 63,Northwood-Kensett 49
Clear Creek-Amana 75, West Delaware 62

Last edited:
We got a great win tonight against Lake Mills. They were ranked number 1 on prep hoops and we were number 1 on BCmoore. One of our best players had it going early and we were up 10 in the first, but he went up and made it, got fouled, and landed on a kids foot. Sprained it pretty good and was hobbled the whole game. It evened it out because they were missing there 3rd best player. Regardless we won

More scores coming in:

Ankeny Centennial 59, WDM Valley 31
CP Urbana 68, Maquoketa 51
Central DeWitt 70, Benton-Community 51
DM North 87, Marshalltown 64
Mount Vernon 54, Williamsburg 42
Pella 91, Ballard 75
WACO 73, Cardinal, Eldon 35
Dav. Assumption beat Dav. West no score to go 4-0.

Last edited:
Regina defeats Mid Prairie 61-48. Masen Miller with 35 points in the win.

RJV2324-- If you know, how does a high school team score 124 points? Wow, I hope a lot of reserves got big minutes in that West Sioux win..

And some very late scores:

AP 67, Union 54
Atlantic 60, Clarinda 56
Cammanche 58, North Cedar 55 in a squeaker!
Dike-New hartford 69 Wapsie Valley 61
MOC 79, Sheldon 76-- Another squeaker
Martinsdale SM 62, East Union 35
Montezuma 78, HLV 42 Monti #1 in sime polls
Spencer 51 Spirit Lake 46
Urbandale 84, DM East 29
Western Christian 65, Estherville Lincoln Central 52

and the MAJOR UPSET (or is it?):Two excellent teams

WINTERSET 58, NORWALK 57 Anybody got a game summary?

West Sioux had 83 in the 1st half with normal rotation. Starters played 2 min of 3rd and reserves rest of the way.

And some very late scores:

WINTERSET 58, NORWALK 57 Anybody got a game summary?

Looks like it was a battle between two of the best guards in the state with Darling scoring 30 and Born 29. Winterset is no joke as they showed down at State last year. Led by Darling I could see them making a similar run again this season.

Looks like it was a battle between two of the best guards in the state with Darling scoring 30 and Born 29. Winterset is no joke as they showed down at State last year. Led by Darling I could see them making a similar run again this season.
I like the Winterset team...big W over Norwalk. Who is Darling being recruited by? He is a talent!

I like the Winterset team...big W over Norwalk. Who is Darling being recruited by? He is a talent!
Upper Iowa and Air Force have offered him as well as some smaller schools. I wonder what the Air Force connection to the state is as it seems they have been in on a number of Iowa kids the last few years.

Tuesday night really late scores:
Sergeant Bluff-Luten 60, SC West 56
Sioux City Heelan 50, SC North 39.

In that 124 point win, I'd bet, without knowing, that the losing team had considerable trouble getting the ball up the court, and there were numerous steals and turnovers for easy points. Regarding the Air Force Academy, aren't all appointments to the U.S. military academies made through recommendations by congress members, so if a player is an outstanding student-athlete, their names get passed along to the proper folks if the student expresses any interest in a military career. Or is there more to it? I know that you have to be a very top-notch student academically to receive an appointment because the course work is so rigorous-- lots of advanced math/calculus, physics and engineering-type studies.. .

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT