ADVERTISEMENT

Hug your children

dhetiger

All Conference
Jun 21, 2001
every chance you get and let them know you love them.

Saturday night, a young man, who my son played soccer with in Mobile before we moved, was waiting on an Uber to pick him up after partying in downtown Mobile after a Mardi Gras parade. He was struck by a vehicle, and the driver left the scene. The young man was taken to the hospital in critical condition with 2 broken legs, a broken arm, and a severe brain bleed. On Tuesday, his parents made the difficult decision to take him off of life support as his condition worsened. He was an organ donor, and his family and friends were able to say goodbye as the hospital did an Honor Walk for him on his way to UAB to donate his organs.

There is more to this story, I'm sure. I've seen speculation that it was an intentional act. Time will tell. 20 years old is too young to die. God bless you, John Wesley Holt.

every chance you get and let them know you love them.

Saturday night, a young man, who my son played soccer with in Mobile before we moved, was waiting on an Uber to pick him up after partying in downtown Mobile after a Mardi Gras parade. He was struck by a vehicle, and the driver left the scene. The young man was taken to the hospital in critical condition with 2 broken legs, a broken arm, and a severe brain bleed. On Tuesday, his parents made the difficult decision to take him off of life support as his condition worsened. He was an organ donor, and his family and friends were able to say goodbye as the hospital did an Honor Walk for him on his way to UAB to donate his organs.

There is more to this story, I'm sure. I've seen speculation that it was an intentional act. Time will tell. 20 years old is too young to die. God bless you, John Wesley Holt.
Disgusting, tragic and heartwarming all in one.

Do they have any leads on who did it?

I'm betting the driver has since reported that the car was stolen?

People are stupid...and entirely predictable.
A family friend is in a prayer group with a judge in Mobile. Apparently, the Uber driver was the witness who called 911. Dash cam caught everything. There was also video collected from residences around there. The judge was quite confident that the suspect will be caught. I'm leaving out one detail I was told, because (a) I haven't seen the video to corroborate, (b) ongoing investigation, and (c) the info is so disturbing and maddening that I wouldn't want to ruin anyone of yall's day.

Reactions: billywayneluck
A family friend is in a prayer group with a judge in Mobile. Apparently, the Uber driver was the witness who called 911. Dash cam caught everything. There was also video collected from residences around there. The judge was quite confident that the suspect will be caught. I'm leaving out one detail I was told, because (a) I haven't seen the video to corroborate, (b) ongoing investigation, and (c) the info is so disturbing and maddening that I wouldn't want to ruin anyone of yall's day.

Interesting...let us know when you can.

Good. Look forward to hearing about their apprehension

Reactions: dhetiger
Wtf?!? Bad parenting has led us to this type of thing.

Absolutely no parenting. My favorite call for service for Patrol Deputies...

"My child won't go to bed and I've told them to go to bed repeatedly. Can you send Deputies out here please?"

AYFKM...and this isn't a one off. Last night alone we had 3 separate calls for service due to unruly children.

"My child won't go to bed and I've told them to go to bed repeatedly. Can you send Deputies out here please?"

AYFKM...and this isn't a one off. Last night alone we had 3 separate calls for service due to unruly children.
I remember telling my kids when they were younger, "you are entitled to your opinions. But, if they differ from what I ask of you, keep them to yourself because I don't give a fvck what they are."

You have to be kidding. Please tell me that’s just an awful troll. 🤦‍♂️

You have to be kidding. Please tell me that’s just an awful troll. 🤦‍♂️

I wish it was. And then they ask me "What can I do?" I tell them, "Beat that kids ass...it's not against the law to discipline your child in Alabama."

You can't cause "significant harm" but you can absolutely wear that ass out.

Told my kids this many times:

Food, clothing, shelter... that's all I'm required to give you. Be happy if you have anything more than this.

Told my kids this many times:

Food, clothing, shelter... that's all I'm required to give you. Be happy if you have anything more than this.
Mine did a lot more than those three. I knew that growing up but didn’t realize how much more until I was older. Probably the same with most of us.

Reactions: BamaFan1137
My favorite as a kid...

Dad- "What were you thinking?"

Me- "I was..."

Dad- "Shut the hell up when I'm talking to you! Do you hear me?"

Me- "......."

Dad- "ANSWER ME!!!"

😂🤣😂
Mine whooped that ass. By no means abusive, but the growing pussification of our society since the 1960s would say so. They’d probably be in jail today. My dads two sisters were lax with their kids and they all ended up being lazy losers.

Mine whooped that ass. By no means abusive, but the growing pussification of our society since the 1960s would say so. They’d probably be in jail today. My dads two sisters were lax with their kids and they all ended up being lazy losers.
I've never understood why people want to fvck with the formula that turned them into decent human beings...?

A very successful pal of mine who's daughter just got into college said he was going to pay for everything for her... car, apt, spending $, you name it. I asked him did he have all those luxuries? He said 'HELL NO... I had to work my ass off the entire time!'

I then asked him 'why treat her differently? You turned out pretty damn good and are very successful... wouldn't it stand to reason that putting her under those conditions might do the same for her?' It was like I pulled a blanket off his head... he stammered and stuttered, and then said 'well, I want her to have plenty of time to study'....o_O

LMFAO!! Right. Just like you would have 'studied' given all that extra time and money. GMAFB.

PS>BTW, I lived with my grandmother for my final 2 years @ LaGrange College, worked every available hour at the hospital and was a full-time student to boot. GMom made me pay RENT every month! I thought she was the meanest woman on the planet. When I graduated (Valedictorian,,,, in case any of you were wondering), she handed me a card at the graduation ceremony with a check in it for every dime I paid in rent... said 'she wanted to teach me a lesson about life'. Best lesson I ever got. God bless her.

I've never understood why people want to fvck with the formula that turned them into decent human beings...?

A very successful pal of mine who's daughter just got into college said he was going to pay for everything for her... car, apt, spending $, you name it. I asked him did he have all those luxuries? He said 'HELL NO... I had to work my ass off the entire time!'

I then asked him 'why treat her differently? You turned out pretty damn good and are very successful... wouldn't it stand to reason that putting her under those conditions might do the same for her?' It was like I pulled a blanket off his head... he stammered and stuttered, and then said 'well, I want her to have plenty of time to study'....o_O

LMFAO!! Right. Just like you would have 'studied' given all that extra time and money. GMAFB.

PS>BTW, I lived with my grandmother for my final 2 years @ LaGrange College, worked every available hour at the hospital and was a full-time student to boot. GMom made me pay RENT every month! I thought she was the meanest woman on the planet. When I graduated (Valedictorian,,,, in case any of you were wondering), she handed me a card at the graduation ceremony with a check in it for every dime I paid in rent... said 'she wanted to teach me a lesson about life'. Best lesson I ever got. God bless her.
The rent check trick is something I would do. I suggested something similar to a friend or two. More than one lesson learned when it’s all done.

Reactions: derek_tiger
My dad probably spanked me a grand total of 5 times my whole life. It became the mere threat of it that could straighten my ass out. I've used the same formula with mine. Combined, the 2 have gotten spanked less than 5 times. All it took after that was a stern look or tone, and they snapped back into shape.

My dad probably spanked me a grand total of 5 times my whole life. It became the mere threat of it that could straighten my ass out. I've used the same formula with mine. Combined, the 2 have gotten spanked less than 5 times. All it took after that was a stern look or tone, and they snapped back into shape.
I was more hard headed, it took more than 5 times. But if DFACS or whoever asked if my parents abused me back then, I would say no. I might be mad at them and say they were mean (lol) but abusive, nah.

Since most kids today didn't learn to manage that kind of situation, they are stuck in thinking everything and everyone is mean like my eight year old self. Pvssies.

I was more hard headed, it took more than 5 times. But if DFACS or whoever asked if my parents abused me back then, I would say no. I might be mad at them and say they were mean (lol) but abusive, nah.

Since most kids today didn't learn to manage that kind of situation, they are stuck in thinking everything and everyone is mean like my eight year old self. Pvssies.
It's essentially letting the inmates run the asylum when kids don't have to face repercussions for their actions.

Reactions: billywayneluck
That piece of shit is being charged as an adult. 17 year old special needs kid who told Deputies to fvck off and said he'd beat up anyone who took his game.

Won't matter. He'll get anger management and probation until he hurts someone more permanently.

• Angry
Reactions: dhetiger
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT