ADVERTISEMENT

Tuesday Night, Dec. 17 Basketball Scores and Comments

That was a close score in the Norwalk- Lewis Central game. I've seen four games so far this year on the east side and every team seems stronger than last year with maybe the exception of one. It's just my sample, I know, but the game keeps getting quicker and the defenses keep getting better. A bunch of scores coming up right now:

Knoxville 70, Grinnell 57- Mon.
Urbandale 65, Mason City 42- Mon.
Emmetsburg 41, West Hancock 28- Mon
Algona 46, St. Edmond Ft. Dodge 40 Algona tough this year
A-P 61, Wapsie Valley 46 AP getting a lot of recognition, too
Dyersville Beckman 55, West Delaware 36
Camanche 65, NE Goose lake 46
Cedar Falls 66, CR Jefferson 29- IHSAA had score reversed for a while.
CR Kennedy 78, East Waterloo 51
Clear Creek-Amana 56, Independence 45
WDM Dowling 64, Marshalltown 23
Iowa City City High 68, Dubuque Wahlert 59- City's best team in several years
Dubuque Hempstead 69, Cedar Rapids Xavier 55- Saints struggling out of the gate.
Easton Valley 72, Alburnett 57
Gilbert 68, Roland-Story 48
GV Christian 74, E-B-F 37
Indianola 75, Bondurant-Farrar 49- Indianola looking strong early
Lake Mills 65, Eagle Grove 39
North cedar 45, Cascade 44 in a thriller
North Linn 90, CV Christian 31
Omaha NE Roncalli 72, CB St. Albert 47
Osage 62, North Butler 17 Osage highly ranked
Pella 66, Fairfield 31-Dutch back on track
Sioux City East 92, SC North 62
So. Hamilton 61, Saydel 11
So. O'Brien 71, Harris LP 39
Unity Christian 71, Hinton 46
WDM Valley 73, DM North 53
WACO 55, Danville 51
West Branch 60,Wilton 43
Central DeWitt 62, Solon 38 - Central much improved
Davenport Central 51, Bettendorf 44- Bulldogs go to 0-5
Dike- New hartford 60, Jesup 44
George-LR 61, Sheldon 37
Gladbrook-Reinbeck 51 BCLUW 44
Montezuma 77, Lynnville-Sully 40
Williamsburg 54, Benton Comm. 42.

Last edited:
Surprised NE Goose Lake didn’t give Camanche a better game. NE travels to Regina Friday night in a top 10 match up.

More late scores: Ankeny Centennial over Johnston (no score)
CBAL 48, Sergeant Bluff- Luten 43 in OT- that must have been a dilly.
Decorah 74, Oelwein 47
Van Meter 67, Panorama 52
Treynor 50, Tri-Cedar 41
Report that Dubuque Senior beat Iowa City West tonight, but no score.

Last edited:
Dubuque Senior nips Iowa City West in Iowa City 49-48. Dubuque public schools 9-0 so far.
Algona Garrigan 64, C-H-V 54
Dallas Center-Grimes 59, Ballard 43
Monticello 72, Anamosa 47
Cedar Rapids Prairie 45, Linn-Mar 44- Wow.
Waukee 62 Ottumwa 42-- Waukee lays claim to #1 in all 4A polls

Last edited:
Dubuque Senior nips Iowa City West in Iowa City 49-48. Dubuque public schools 9-0 so far.
Algona Garrigan 64, C-H-V 54
Dallas Center-Grimes 59, Ballard 43
Monticello 72, Anamosa 47
Cedar Rapids Prairie 45, Linn-Mar 44- Wow.
Waukee 62 Ottumwa 42-- Waukee lays claim to #1 in all 4A polls
The IC West team is not even close to as good as the program standard(talent wise) has been the last few years, but that is still a great road win for a young Senior team. West will make it tough on teams every night out though and that is a testament to Coach Bergman and the lock down defense that they have always played through his time there. The Senior squad is intriguing to me EIH...tell us more about their personnel beyond Medinger and Bonifas.
Waukee looks like the clear #1 in 4A now and I still think that CF will be the class of the MVC when it is all said and done. CR Prairie keeps finding a way to get it done...they are young and talented with some impressive early season wins!

That was a close score in the Norwalk- Lewis Central game. I've seen four games so far this year on the east side and every team seems stronger than last year with maybe the exception of one. It's just my sample, I know, but the game keeps getting quicker and the defenses keep getting better. A bunch of scores coming up right now:

Knoxville 70, Grinnell 57- Mon.
Urbandale 65, Mason City 42- Mon.
Emmetsburg 41, West Hancock 28- Mon
Algona 46, St. Edmond Ft. Dodge 40 Algona tough this year
A-P 61, Wapsie Valley 46 AP getting a lot of recognition, too
Dyersville Beckman 55, West Delaware 36
Camanche 65, NE Goose lake 46
Cedar Falls 66, CR Jefferson 29- IHSAA had score reversed for a while.
CR Kennedy 78, East Waterloo 51
Clear Creek-Amana 56, Independence 45
WDM Dowling 64, Marshalltown 23
Iowa City City High 68, Dubuque Wahlert 59- City's best team in several years
Dubuque Hempstead 69, Cedar Rapids Xavier 55- Saints struggling out of the gate.
Easton Valley 72, Alburnett 57
Gilbert 68, Roland-Story 48
GV Christian 74, E-B-F 37
Indianola 75, Bondurant-Farrar 49- Indianola looking strong early
Lake Mills 65, Eagle Grove 39
North cedar 45, Cascade 44 in a thriller
North Linn 90, CV Christian 31
Omaha NE Roncalli 72, CB St. Albert 47
Osage 62, North Butler 17 Osage highly ranked
Pella 66, Fairfield 31-Dutch back on track
Sioux City East 92, SC North 62
So. Hamilton 61, Saydel 11
So. O'Brien 71, Harris LP 39
Unity Christian 71, Hinton 46
WDM Valley 73, DM North 53
WACO 55, Danville 51
West Branch 60,Wilton 43
Central DeWitt 62, Solon 38 - Central much improved
Davenport Central 51, Bettendorf 44- Bulldogs go to 0-5
Dike- New hartford 60, Jesup 44
George-LR 61, Sheldon 37
Gladbrook-Reinbeck 51 BCLUW 44
Montezuma 77, Lynnville-Sully 40
Williamsburg 54, Benton Comm. 42.
Look at City High coming out hot, good for them. They have struggled these past few years. Watch out for CCA in 3A, they could be a force come Feb/March, along with DeWitt. Xavier has a tough schedule but unless the Moses kid gets going it is going to be a long season, they will be lucky to win 8 games. But that might be ok, it is good for them to be humbled. But from what the wind tells me, no one cares about basketball too much there anymore. Strictly a football school.

This DBQ Senior team might be the most athletic team Eimers has had in awhile. They matched up with a super athletic Dav. Central and squeaked out their 1st W - Ellis is the real deal for Central. Against a really good shooting Wahlert team they wore them down and played full court press in the 2nd half and literally stole the game away - by 20 plus points.
Lewis, Watkins-Houge (football talent) and Schuster are super athletic 3/4's that are hard to match up with - they are high energy, run, rebound and block shots and all play above the rim. Really young and fun team. Williams is the 2 that is streaky fast and can score when he needs to in Eimer's system, other Medinger twin is the other 2 that can shoot.
Eimer's system is the key if you have not watched the Senior team the last 10 years, they know who they are and for the most part play within that as they are coached.
By the way this Friday night Senior is at Hempstead - this will be a really fun and entertaining game. One of them has got to loose for the first time. Maybe a year away from another DM trip.

TurkHawk made a very perceptive point about Dub. Senior--"They know who they are and play within that as they are coached..." Very disciplined team with smart, quick athletes who don't launch stupid, silly, off-balanced shots or passes, like they frustrate their opponents into doing. Coach Eimers has really matured as a winning coach, and is one of the state's top high-energy offensive and defensive strategists. Their quickest player, Daquan Lewis, must have a 6-8 wingspan. The Hempstead game this Friday will be a boiler. Don't know if they can stop Michael Duax.

Last edited:
Great win for Dbq Senior vs West, not denying that at all... but lets be realistic. This IC West team is very average. They are not a lock to be a state qualifier this year in my opinion.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT