ADVERTISEMENT

Tuesday, Jan. 14th Basketball Scores and Comments

Jun 26, 2016
Glenwood 74, Harlan 67
CBAL 59, SC East 51
CBSA 51, Mount Michael (NE) 48
Treynor 79, Creston 52
CBTJ 45, SC North 40

Big wins for a lot of these teams. CBSA just beat the #4 ranked team in Nebraska Class B (equivalent to Iowa 3A). CBAL with a huge win vs East which most likely causes that sub state final to be played in Council Bluffs. Glenwood avenges a loss to Harlan and Treynor with a convincing win over a solid 3A Creston squad.

Notable NWIA Scores

Boyden Hull 87, Unity Christian 67
Rock Valley 55, Spirit Lake 57
West Sioux 114, Akron Westfield 40
Central Lyon 52, George Little Rock 44
Cherokee 81, Sioux Center 53
West Lyon 53, Sibley 48
River Valley 47, Siouxland Christian 41
South O'Brien 45, Remsen St. Mary 44 (Monday)
Lemars 63, Sioux City West 60

Boyden Hull gets a big win over bc moore's 14th ranked Unity Christian
Rock Valley (11th) beats Spirit Lake (9th) in what could be a good possible postseason matchup
GLR is struggling to find a win against any decent competition but are still somehow ranked 6th on bc moore
Siouxland Christian takes their first loss of the season
South O'Brien spilts 1-1 with Remsen St. Mary's after Monday's win
Lemars seems to be playing some pretty good ball lately

Cedar Falls 63 - IC Liberty 51
CR Xavier 65 - Waterloo West 52

Albia 53- Eddyville Blakesburg Fremont 51, EBF had a 3 pointer at the buzzer for the win but it hits every part of the rim and out. Albia almost knocked off after a big Monday night win.

Monday - Baxter 64, Saydel 47 Cole Damman, Baxter 31pts/10ast

Tuesday - Baxter 58, Colo-NESCO 28 Damman 25pts

Baxter to 8-2 on the season

Damman is now up to 25ppg, which should put him in top 5 in 1A in scoring average. He'll go head to head with Trey Shearer, Monte, and Zach Huff, Don Bosco, later in the month who are 2 of the top 10 scorers in 1A.

Albia 53- Eddyville Blakesburg Fremont 51, EBF had a 3 pointer at the buzzer for the win but it hits every part of the rim and out. Albia almost knocked off after a big Monday night win.

Albia was without 2 of their players from injuries from what I heard on twitter.

Big wins for a lot of these teams. CBSA just beat the #4 ranked team in Nebraska Class B (equivalent to Iowa 3A). CBAL with a huge win vs East which most likely causes that sub state final to be played in Council Bluffs. Glenwood avenges a loss to Harlan and Treynor with a convincing win over a solid 3A Creston squad.
They are a top 10 1A team this season IMHO

Notable NWIA Scores

Boyden Hull 87, Unity Christian 67
Rock Valley 55, Spirit Lake 57
West Sioux 114, Akron Westfield 40
Central Lyon 52, George Little Rock 44
Cherokee 81, Sioux Center 53
West Lyon 53, Sibley 48
River Valley 47, Siouxland Christian 41
South O'Brien 45, Remsen St. Mary 44 (Monday)
Lemars 63, Sioux City West 60

Boyden Hull gets a big win over bc moore's 14th ranked Unity Christian
Rock Valley (11th) beats Spirit Lake (9th) in what could be a good possible postseason matchup
GLR is struggling to find a win against any decent competition but are still somehow ranked 6th on bc moore
Siouxland Christian takes their first loss of the season
South O'Brien spilts 1-1 with Remsen St. Mary's after Monday's win
Lemars seems to be playing some pretty good ball lately
BCMoore can be very odd at times with teams like GLR. They value highly that they are only losing by 10 to very good teams, which I understand, but they are still losing and it’s not really close in those games as well

Been out of commission for a few days, but here are a bunch of notable Tuesday scores that haven't been posted. Some real surprises. Just too many good teams in the state this year.

Ankeny 77, WDM Dowling 73
Aplington-Parkersburg 65, AGWSR 42
Davenport Assumption 73, Dav. Central 62
Ballard 68, Carroll 42-- #!-ranked team goes down big
Bettendorf 47, Plerasant Valley 35- Traditional MAC powers struggling this year
Algona Garrigan 76, B-Kleme 44
Camanche 77, Monticello 55- Margin here a little surprising
DeWitt Central 63, Maquoketa 39
Clear Lake 53, Algona 51
Council Bluffs Abe Lincoln 59, Sioux City East 51- Tough week for East; CBAL looking very strong.
Dubuque Hempstead 77, CR Washington- Mustangs 1 point from being undefeated
Glenwood 74, Harlan 67- Plethora of good teams in 3A this season
Gilbert 81, Nevada 68
Marion 62, Dyersville Beckman 60- 2A Beckman playing very tough against 3A powers
Mt. Vernon 52, West Delaware 39
Newton 66, Pella Christian 61
North Linn 72, Springville 47
Norwalk 82, Grinnell 55- My gut feeling is that Norwalk is still the team to beat in 3A.
Pella 73, Dallas Center-Grimes 53- Better strap it on every night in that league
Sergeant Bluff- Luten 58, SC Heelan 40
Van Meter 68, Interstate 35- 35
Dubuque Wahlert 66, Cedar Rapids Prairie 51- Wahlert getting healthier against difficult schedule. Top guard Cael Schmitt lost a tooth in that one.
Waukee 76, Fort Dodge 40
Winterset 72, Bondurant-Farrar 48 Winterset continues to look strong.
Williamsburg 57, Solon 55
West Branch 56, IC Regina 54
West Waterloo blasted CR Xavier. IHSAA had a reversed score for awhile. (Corrected score).
Dubuque Senior 68, Cedar Rapids Kennedy 47. Senior hosts city foe Hempstead in their next game.

Last edited:
BCMoore can be very odd at times with teams like GLR. They value highly that they are only losing by 10 to very good teams, which I understand, but they are still losing and it’s not really close in those games as well

Any idea why they update quickly at times, and other times games will disappear for a week or more? My son's old team has been updated to include a game from Tuesday, but their game from Monday and from last Monday are both missing. The opponents aren't even listed. Same thing has happened at times in the past.

Re: my original report of the WW- CRX score.-- I took that out of a story online! that was on the IHSAA site; now it's gone. That's the problem with copying a score from a site that is supposed to be reliable. Scores get reversed occasionally, or a girls' score gets posted as a boys score. Sorry- (I'll correct my previous post, but Xavier is still a veteran, tall team that will be trouble for a lot of other teams.).

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT