ADVERTISEMENT

Top Games of the Week

Zowwy21

Freshman
Nov 6, 2013
I'm very interested in the Grundy Center / Belle Plaine game. Looks like Belle Plaine put a pretty good thumping on Lynville Sully (44-6) who was 7-3 last year. Lynville-Sully down this year, injuries, or is Belle Plaine taking a step up after a 4 - 5 year last year? The Straight kid (RB for BP) had almost 250 yrds rushing with 3 TDs. Thoughts from people that saw the game?

Also interested in the WV/Clayton Ridge game. I expect WV to win, but I having been hearing a little buzz about the CR team. Lot of buzz about WV also, but curious if the OL is able to improve with some new faces. QB Risse lost a few reliable targets from last year in Franzen and Tanner Sauerbrei, although Bellis is still there. Replacing the two D ends from last year will be a challenge. WV had spurts where they couldn't stop the run up the middle last year. Hopefully that has been resolved. I look for Trevor Sauerbrei (RB) to have a good year, but can he stay healthy? He struggled with cramps early last year and dealt with a shoulder injury most of the second half. He was also dinged up in baseball too.

West Hancock / Garner Hayfield game also looks to be interesting. GH struggled a bit last year, but it was a relatively close game that first game and GH looks like they are pretty big upfront. Can they contain the firepower of the WH backs - difficult task.

Man I love football season!! Good luck all on week 1!

In sw territory it will be a battle for top 10 Falcons. Playing up 2 classes against 2A Carroll Kuemper.
Tri-Center appeared to look good in their scrimmage against Mo Valley last week as well.

The Falcons are definitely the game of the week. They have a tough not district schedule but a semi easy district where they should win every game easily. Could really mess up some RPI if they win there district with a 6-3 record. And I am in no way saying that St alberts is not deserving, but they do have a very difficult non district schedule so it’ll be interesting to say the least

Agreed. While the falcons should win their district, they arguably have the toughest non district schedule in all of class A. The first four should tell us alot about Saint Alberts. Either way i'm just excited that concession stand burgers are back! look for rankings to come week to week on who has the best burger in the state!

I'm interested in Sigourney-Keota @ Pekin. The Backyard Brawl?
D6 is probably the most interesting district to me, as I think about 4-5 different teams might have a case to win that district.
I think Pekin is one of those teams, so how they do against SK might provide some early indication of how their season may go.

For alot of the same reasons, Lisbon at BGM. I think 2020 is Lisbon's bounce back season, but if they can compete with BGM this week, maybe they can show they are ahead of schedule

Reactions: Zowwy21
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT