ADVERTISEMENT

The weak east

BamaFan1137

All District
Nov 5, 2001
As the east and west divisions become no more, I couldn't help but drop this final nugget.

In regular-season play over the 32 division seasons, the West had a 304-235-3 record against the East – a .564 winning percentage that wasn’t far from the results of the SEC Championship Game. The Western Division representative won 19 of the 32 SEC Championship games – a .594 winning percentage.

The most lopsided seasons of interdivision competition came in 2015, when the West posted a 12-2 record, and 2010, when the West went 15-3 against the East.

The West had a winning record against the East in 17 seasons, the East had a winning record against the West in six seasons and the divisions split the games in nine seasons.

• Love
Reactions: derek_tiger
As the east and west divisions become no more, I couldn't help but drop this final nugget.

In regular-season play over the 32 division seasons, the West had a 304-235-3 record against the East – a .564 winning percentage that wasn’t far from the results of the SEC Championship Game. The Western Division representative won 19 of the 32 SEC Championship games – a .594 winning percentage.

The most lopsided seasons of interdivision competition came in 2015, when the West posted a 12-2 record, and 2010, when the West went 15-3 against the East.

The West had a winning record against the East in 17 seasons, the East had a winning record against the West in six seasons and the divisions split the games in nine seasons.

So Saban got lucky having a down East. Got it.

Shouldn’t you be eating some powdered donuts Deputy Dolittle?

Kudos on one of the most gator like post ever seen on this board. If you had just squeezed the bad orange man into it you might have had one for the history books

Last edited:
Would have been quite different if Auburn had been allowed to go into the East as originally planned. spuat got their panties in a wad, pitched a hissy fit, and whined until the SEC bigs changed their mind. AU had many more genuine rivalries there than in the West (spuat & MSU were the only 2).

Would have been quite different if Auburn had been allowed to go into the East as originally planned. spuat got their panties in a wad, pitched a hissy fit, and whined until the SEC bigs changed their mind. AU had many more genuine rivalries there than in the West (spuat & MSU were the only 2).

Ahh...poor Auburn and big brother is evil.

How did I not see this coming? 😂

The way it settled, with UF, UGA and UT on one side and Bama, LSU and Auburn on the other, it seems to have worked pretty well.

The disparity between the two divisions wasn't all that significant. I was flicking ears based on years and years of "weak east" and "weak west" posts within this group.

Auburn didn't get screwed and the SEC wasn't screwed up because Auburn was in the West. It has been, in fact, the most ridiculously successful run in any college conferences history, of course.

The way it settled, with UF, UGA and UT on one side and Bama, LSU and Auburn on the other, it seems to have worked pretty well.
The disparity between the two divisions wasn't all that significant. I was flicking ears based on years and years of "weak east" and "weak west" posts within this group.
Auburn didn't get screwed and the SEC wasn't screwed up because Auburn was in the West. It has been, in fact, the most ridiculously successful run in any college conferences history, of course.
No doubt its worked out... It just never made any sense. AU has long time East rivalries in UF, UT, UG, Vandy, and even UK (or GT!). UA & MSU were the only ones of mention in the West. We only played Arky once before '92... LOL. Spilt milk at this point but I always liked going to Gainesville & Knoxville for games.

Despite my fondness for poon, I also remember the absolute freak out over the SECCG being awarded to Birmingham by the SEC presidents. This occurred before the first game was played, when it was announced in 1991.

Much like with the donuts, I'm a multi-tasker.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT